Meet Beaker

Guest hannahmom

Guest hannahmom

Grover's passing broke our heart. He was our genle giant, the easy

going one in our house of Her Snarkiness and Sammi Doodle (who is slowly failing). As we emerged from our fog of grief, we realized that Sammi and Hannah were always together on one sofa - neither of them would get up into what had been Grover's favourite spot. Seeing that empty couch, day after day finally helped us decide that even though it was sooner than we had anticipated, it was time to bring a new grey home.

We both knew we wanted a boy (anyone who doesn't understand that has not been keeping up to date on our Hannah stories now have they?? ) and with both of our current greys well into their senior years, DH set off to the kennel Friday night in search of a younger boy. When DH went to choose the hound, there was a slight tussle in the yard. Most hounds ran to investigate - one hound ran to him.Signed, sealed and delivered in that moment.

Welcome home Beaker ( Kettleoneup)

Beaker's Pedigree

Unruly by lineage, but KNOT by nature. He is a kind, gentle, coal black 4 year old who finished racing only a few weeks ago. He still has his neuter stitches. His personality is just starting to shine through. He trotted into the living room with Momma's sneaker yeaterday, and proceeded to try and destuff it. A little petting almost got a roach out of him. He has already learned where the "go out and potty" door is, isn't entirely certain that stairs are something he shoud have to deal with, and wants to be right by our side at all times. He just this minute discovered the sofa.

He's blending in OK. He's had a few bursts of stuffy squeaking, and settled in with Sammi Doodle for a nap. Sammi is fine with him (Sammi is fine with everyone). Hannah has her nose so far out of joint, she can see around corners, but she has settled on large sighs and the occasional random bark when Beaker moves :rolleyes. Muzzles all round when no people are around is the order of the day, and so far, it has been quiet.

I suspect he will be a bit of an imp once he settles in. I know he's handsome ( snowy white teeth against that longggg black face, a bald bum and an ever so slight Roman nose are designed to be a heartbreaker.) I also know he's home - our 1st non-bounce since Chinghis.

Happy Gotcha Day Beaker. I think I'm in love already.

And, because I know the rules:

Edited by hannahmom

Congratulations!!!!

Welcome home handsome Beaker. [Great name for a roman-nosed boy, BTW.] I hope you'll learn from Sammi, not Hannah. :lol And tell your Mom that when she has time, she should post a few more pics. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Love the slightly curved nose, and the slightly impish look on that young face, and especially the joy shining through your words.

Beaker, buddy, you have landed!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Congratulations!!!!

Welcome home handsome Beaker. [Great name for a roman-nosed boy, BTW.] I hope you'll learn from Sammi, not Hannah. :lol And tell your Mom that when she has time, she should post a few more pics. :)

:colgate Wonderful!!!!!!! So happy for you.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Congrats! :confetti Such a handsome fella... and sounds like a great hound. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Heehoo

Well his ant Heehoo loves him already. When I saw his black nose, I knew I loved him. Then I just read his peds, Maryville Rumble. My friend Jay has Sideline Warning, a Rumble pup also. May he rest in peace....

THEN I saw he ran in Dubuque & Council Bluffs, so now I'm going to go see if he & Ethan ever met on the track. Ethan's still in Council Bluffs.

I know our little buddies Grover & Chinghis had a lot to do with this. They think of this stuff ahead of time.

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. Gabby sends her lovings.

Edited by Heehoo

He's even more handsome upside down than he is rightside up, if that's possible.

Hannah has her nose so far out of joint, she can see around corners, but she has settled on large sighs and the occasional random bark when Beaker moves :rolleyes
:lol

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Welcome home, Beaker! Congrats all around!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Oh what a beautiful boy! Congratulations, and welcome home Beaker!

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NSGREY
:wub: Welcome to Beaker! I'm glad that you have a new member to your family. Give Hannah boo a kiss from me...it's hard woek having a boy in the house just ask Adora <_<:lol