Have You Ever Had Your Bridge Baby Visit You?

LadyGrey

Guest fringepup

This is a terrific thread. And I am so happy to be able to share my thoughts of the past and especially the present (my Willie) with all you good people. Thank you all!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 15&1/2 year old Beagle Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn had to be helped over the bridge in September 2010. She was my heart dog. I had rescued her 14 years before. We had had no intention to adopt another Greyhound when we went to our local Adoption Centre 2 weeks prior to help out with a Walk-a-Dog day, but for some reason we ended up buying a blue martingale with stars all over it the day before (we owned 2 female greys), and bringing it along. The dog we walked was named Starz Predator. My husband never let go of him...he came home with us that day, and is now my Sweet Willy-Bear. When he walked into the house, little Kasie, who had been hiding under the kitchen table for weeks so Tiana would not step on her, came out into the open, and never went back under. Willy protected her, and was by her side 24-7 until the day she left us. He guided her as she walked down the ramp to go outside, and stood guard until she came back inside. He slept by her side when she was inside.

The day after she left us, as I sat listening to the ghosts of her footsteps and the jingle of her dogtags, wondering what to do with her little bed because it was too small for the Greys to use, was the hardest day of my life. But along came Willy-Bear. One by one, he brought me each of her toys. Only Kasie's toys, noone else's. He flung them in the air the way she used to, dropping each at my feet before going to get another. And when I was laughing through my tears, he walked around in circles in her little bed like she used to, curled up, gave a big sigh, and went to sleep. To this day her bed remains where it is, and all of the greys sleep in it.

There is no doubt in my mind that she was there with me, telling me all would be fine.

There have been many other occasions that she has visited us through Willy. It may be crazy, but we can tell the difference in his behaviour when she is here. My son says he sees her at times, but I have not. I wish I could. But it is enough to know that I have my Willy-Bear.

Here is a picture of my beautiful Kasie, and my Willy in her bed on that special day.

DSC02384-2.jpg

willyinkasiesbed.jpg

edited for spelling

Kasie is just beautiful. Run free little ANGEL. Willie looks like he really misses Kasie. Peace to you and mom, Willie.

What I wouldn't do for a visit from Loca or Beansy. You are all very lucky.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest dragontearz

It's been a month and while I haven't had Guinness visit me, little things keep happening to make me think he's trying to tell me he's ok. Yesterday I went out to the garage and when I came back in a minute later, Oberon was laying with Guinness' favorite toy, a turtle that had squeakers and rattles in the feet. I had put the turtle behind his urn and pictures when I first got his urn back from the vets-there is simply no way Oberon could have gotten it down without knocking everything else out of the way, AND moving the fireplace grate out of the way first. And this morning I saw this picture. Especially after reading the Rainbow Bridge poem many times recently, it made me smile-I think Guinness is ok and happy for us :)

2509175070105367259S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by dragontearz

I've posted these incidents before---my heart dog Nick and my sweet Patsy have visited me.

I think Nick's biggest continuing presence in our lives is that he sent us Tess and Calvin (who I fell in love with here on GT, and who looks very much like Nick), and the incident that really couldn't be explained any other way came last spring when we were deciding if Calvin was going to stay with us. We loved him, certainly, but there were factors to consider---a new, larger vehicle, just adding a fourth dog to an already perfect family of three, the extra expense, etc. But we truly knew it was meant to be when Nick sent us a sign. Some background---Nick had a quirky sense of humor, and a love for shredding paper. Kleenex and paper towels were his favorites, and he could find them, shred them, and disappear before we knew he'd done it. Often, he would walk into a room with a tiny piece of paper on his mouth, and we'd know to look in another room for his handiwork. We called it his "Greyhound Installation Art.":lol It always made us smile. I've found some of this art around the house since he's been gone. We never see who has done it---likely it is Tess, since she is so much like Nick that it is eerie sometimes---but who knows?

Anyway, Doug and I went back and forth about Calvin quite a bit. One evening, this was our main topic of conversation as we took all four of the dogs for a walk. We always leave from the back porch, and down the steps. When we came back from the walk, there on the back porch was a lovely "installation art", bits of what looked like shredded blue Kleenex all over the porch! It sure wasn't there when we'd left. Doug and I just looked at each other, thanked Nick for his input, and decided to look for a bigger car the next day.

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

It's been a month and while I haven't had Guinness visit me, little things keep happening to make me think he's trying to tell me he's ok. Yesterday I went out to the garage and when I came back in a minute later, Oberon was laying with Guinness' favorite toy, a turtle that had squeakers and rattles in the feet. I had put the turtle behind his urn and pictures when I first got his urn back from the vets-there is simply no way Oberon could have gotten it down without knocking everything else out of the way, AND moving the fireplace grate out of the way first. And this morning I saw this picture. Especially after reading the Rainbow Bridge poem many times recently, it made me smile-I think Guinness is ok and happy for us :)

This made me shiver. If that isn't a sign ...

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

My angel, Bailey visited me in a dream on what would have been her 10th gotcha day. I swear I could feel her fur when I hugged her. I am still hoping for a visit from my Holly...I miss her desperately :(

Whenever you post anywhere on GT, I love to see that sweet face of Holly looking at me. A vivid expresstion. Run Free sweet Holly and Bailey!!

:f_pink :f_pink

angel Icarus has visited me three times. Each time was while I was alone and driving the car. His fav activity was car rides, so it only makes sense that he would visit me there. The first time which stands out the most in my memory was a very stormy day. I was driving home and feeling very nervous about the condition of the roads. I felt a nudge on the back of my right arm. I just passed it off as my mind playing tricks when I felt it again, but a bit stronger. When I looked, it was still just me in the car, but I know it was him telling me it would be ok.

angel Icarus has also sent winter rainbows our way. I have seen two of these. Each time I witness one, a flood of emotion hits me which is hard to explain, but it's a feeling that instantly makes me think of him. I do wonder if my grandmother has a hand in these signs too because thoughts of her are usually mixed in too.

I will be keeping my eyes open for a sign from Miss E, too.

Thanks for sharing this. Angel Lcarus, keep taking care of your mama!!

I've posted these incidents before---my heart dog Nick and my sweet Patsy have visited me.

I think Nick's biggest continuing presence in our lives is that he sent us Tess and Calvin (who I fell in love with here on GT, and who looks very much like Nick), and the incident that really couldn't be explained any other way came last spring when we were deciding if Calvin was going to stay with us. We loved him, certainly, but there were factors to consider---a new, larger vehicle, just adding a fourth dog to an already perfect family of three, the extra expense, etc. But we truly knew it was meant to be when Nick sent us a sign. Some background---Nick had a quirky sense of humor, and a love for shredding paper. Kleenex and paper towels were his favorites, and he could find them, shred them, and disappear before we knew he'd done it. Often, he would walk into a room with a tiny piece of paper on his mouth, and we'd know to look in another room for his handiwork. We called it his "Greyhound Installation Art.":lol It always made us smile. I've found some of this art around the house since he's been gone. We never see who has done it---likely it is Tess, since she is so much like Nick that is is eerie sometimes---but who knows?

Anyway, Doug and I went back and forth about Calvin quite a bit. One evening, this was our main topic of conversation as we took all four of the dogs for a walk. We always leave from the back porch, and down the steps. When we came back from the walk, there on the back porch was a lovely "installation art", bits of what looked like shredded blue Kleenex all over the porch! It sure wasn't there when we'd left. Doug and I just looked at each other, thanked Nick for his input, and decided to look for a bigger car the next day.

:lol What a cute visitation. His Greyhound Installation Art. He is funnin with you! What a sense of humor. Run Free dear Nick.

That is just tooooo amazing!! I loved this. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by LadyGrey

We adopted Wendy on a Saturday. The Friday night prior to our visit to the kennel, my Bridge boy, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Champion paid me a visit. At the present time, our fireplace is set up to look like a fireplace with logs and a grate. When we had Champion, the fireplace was kept empty and he slept on his bed in there. That Friday night, I saw Champy lying on his fireplace bed and just knew that he was giving me his blessing to bring another dog home.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest greyhound515

Hello,

First off, I LOVE THIS TOPIC!!! I had to send my sweet Daphne Mae across the Bridge on February 15, 2008. Her Arthritis was so bad for the last few days I had to hold her back end up so she could use the bathroom. It was terrible seeing my best friend in so much pain and the meds just weren't working very well.

The night I took her into the vets office I awoke at about 3 or 4 AM, when Daph would usually re-position herself in bed and I swear I heard her tags clanking! People often complain about the clanking of dogs tags but they were always like music to my ears. I missed that sound horribly when I was away from home (and hounds)and how very fitting that my lil' brindle buddy chose that sound to let me know she had crossed over and was doing fine. Three years later I may still cry occasionally, but she was so loved and I will always remember her (of course, her beautiful face is tattooed on my right shoulder, which will help)and one wall in my living room is covered with pictures of Daph in all her glory.

Dogspeed my friend,always loved and forever missed.

Love from Mom and Diva and the purrbuckets (Shena, Chrissie, and MewZette)

I haven't had a visit, but my son has. My husband and I were out in the garage one summer evening and my son ran out to tell us that Rusty was in the living room. He also said that Solo better be careful because he was about to lay down on Rusty. He saw him a few times. He was 6 at the time. I have asked him if he has seen Rusty lately and he said no, Rusty went back to heaven. He has never claimed to see Solo.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

I am hoping to get a sign or visit from my Rainey Girl :(:cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Grhndad

we have been visited by several of our bridge babies but only one have been visible and that was to me. She was our first and we lost her in August of 2000. For some reason I was awaken early in the AM and when I looked up she was in what use to be her bed looking at me. I shook my head thinking I was dreaming and when I looked again she was still there. She remained for a few more seconds and then poof, gone. She has returned on one other occasion. The 5 furkids that were in the house never moved out of their beds.

The other visits have been by was of a bark or two at the back door. Especially our Momma girl that we lost in 2005. It seems she comes around several times a year and barks at the back door.

This is a picture of Lola

Lola-1-1.jpg

Edited by Grhndad

Guest caiteag

Quinn visits me on a fairly regular basis.. he knows when I need him and suddenly I feel him there.. sometimes a nudge.. sometimes a lick on my knee (he never gave kisses other than a gentle lick to the knee)... sometimes he shows up in dreams. He still takes care of me like he did before he passed. :)

After five years my bride reclaimed the queen size bed Brin took over when he came home. Two nights ago she woke in a cold sweat crying her eyes yelling for me. I rush in can, 'can you smell him; oh my GoD smell him!'

That lead to another sleepless night, she did finally fall asleep with what to me looked like a smile on her face.

They are all around us I think so.

I lost my beloved greyhound, Buddy (GuiltyAsCharged) last Nov. 5, to bone cancer. The next few weeks I'd catch glimpses of him walking outside with our other dog, a 14 year old wire haired fox terrier who was quite ill at the time, with congestive heart and kidney failure. I'd just catch glimpses, but I knew it was Buddy because of the color and height, and length -- he was a big boy. I think he was visiting little Checkers as much as us, as I'd see them together like that. Checkers made it another couple of months, passing away with us in our living room after collapsing there a few weeks ago. She did pretty well, right up until the very end.

We've since adopted a superstar retired racer, Jimi Hendrix, getting him around the 1st week of January, from Greyhound Friends of NC. I haven't seen any glimpses of Buddy since Jimi came home. Buddy was my first greyhound, and was a really good racer himself, gradually becoming a big huggy dog. Jimi's become the same way. I figure it's a combination of the way greyhounds are and the way I am with them. Greyhounds are for big hugs!

It's interesting that so many people have seen their dogs after the dog's passing. My parents won't even get another dog since their dog passed away a couple of years ago. My Dad says he still sees Nancy all around the house, almost every day.

Dave

Jimi likes hugs too. I love it.

:gh_child

I am hoping to get a sign or visit from my Rainey Girl :(:cry1 :cry1

I am so sorry you have not seen RAiney Girl yet, she will come. Maybe she is having an extended welcome party at the moment.

Guest greytlady

I lost my heart dog, Flavor, in November. She went on her own terms, in my arms, laying on her bed. I dreamed of her the next day. We were walking down a dirt road and I could even smell the dirt. All the trees and grass were green and as we walked we talked. She explained why she had to leave and that she would always be with me and we would be together again. As we were walking I saw some of my other bridge babies laying in the grass beside the road or running thru the trees. When it was time for me to leave I gave her a big hug and when I woke up I swear I could still smell her fur with the warmth of the sun on it. It was a comfort but her loss is still so fresh. I miss her every single day.

Guest zombrie

I lost my heart dog, Flavor, in November. She went on her own terms, in my arms, laying on her bed. I dreamed of her the next day. We were walking down a dirt road and I could even smell the dirt. All the trees and grass were green and as we walked we talked. She explained why she had to leave and that she would always be with me and we would be together again. As we were walking I saw some of my other bridge babies laying in the grass beside the road or running thru the trees. When it was time for me to leave I gave her a big hug and when I woke up I swear I could still smell her fur with the warmth of the sun on it. It was a comfort but her loss is still so fresh. I miss her every single day.

What an incredible dream..

Guest HoundyGirl

When my first dog died it was really sudden. She had hemangiosarcoma, but I didn't know she was sick until it was too late. She was fine that morning. Then I ran some errands. When I came back she'd pooped in her crate, which she'd never done before. I took her out, but instead of going to the dog potty place in the apartment complex, I took her straight out back to this beautiful wooded area. She was walking really slowly and laid down at the base of a big tree. It was at that point I realized something was wrong. I brought her to an emergency vet and had to immediately let her go. When I came back to the apartment, without her, I was lost. Eventually I walked out back to that wooded area. Right at the base of the same tree was a 3 inch long by 2 inch high silver metal butterfly. It's heavy and has a hole for it to be attached by string to something. I thought it must be from a wind chime and decided I should return it. I looked at all the apartments near me and not one had a wind chime with silver butterflies on it that I could see. I still have that butterfly. I glued it onto the cover of a photo album I made to remember her by.

When my first dog died it was really sudden. She had hemangiosarcoma, but I didn't know she was sick until it was too late. She was fine that morning. Then I ran some errands. When I came back she'd pooped in her crate, which she'd never done before. I took her out, but instead of going to the dog potty place in the apartment complex, I took her straight out back to this beautiful wooded area. She was walking really slowly and laid down at the base of a big tree. It was at that point I realized something was wrong. I brought her to an emergency vet and had to immediately let her go. When I came back to the apartment, without her, I was lost. Eventually I walked out back to that wooded area. Right at the base of the same tree was a 3 inch long by 2 inch high silver metal butterfly. It's heavy and has a hole for it to be attached by string to something. I thought it must be from a wind chime and decided I should return it. I looked at all the apartments near me and not one had a wind chime with silver butterflies on it that I could see. I still have that butterfly. I glued it onto the cover of a photo album I made to remember her by.

That is a beautiful visitation from your bridge baby. Completely amazing and wonderful. A silver butterfly!!

:heart :heart :gh_run2:heart :heart

After five years my bride reclaimed the queen size bed Brin took over when he came home. Two nights ago she woke in a cold sweat crying her eyes yelling for me. I rush in can, 'can you smell him; oh my GoD smell him!'

That lead to another sleepless night, she did finally fall asleep with what to me looked like a smile on her face.

They are all around us I think so.

I would love to think they are all around us. I would love to see my Nylah again.

Edited by LadyGrey

I still haven't put the boys things away, dog beds still on the floor, toys, bowls, blankies, etc..

Maj always sat in his blue recliner, it's still in the living room, still has his blanket on it and still has his toy sitting on top of the blanket. When I'm sitting in the living room watching tv, I can see his chair out of the corner of my eye and I'll have a feeling that he's laying there, it is so strong and gets my heart racing, and for that split second, I am overcome with the strongest feeling of love that I have ever felt in my life. I hate that it only lasts for that split second, but it's better than nothing.

I miss them so much!!!!! :(

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest greymama002

I love reading all of these. I wasn't going to post my experience but the more I think about it and the comfort it brought me, I really believe it was a "visit". We lost our Tina, our lively, spunky, full-of-joy 11 year old very suddenly on 2/4. She was the one who would always "get the party started", and the boys were just moping around and would lay close to but not in the bed where she was stricken. On my birthday, 2/8, our neighbor who lets the dogs out wrote a lovely poem about Tina and I left her a photo of Tina and wrote on the back, "Girls Just Want To Have Fun", the song I always imagined Tina had in her heart. So on my way home from work that day, I turned on the radio, which I rarely do, and the very next song that came on the radio was "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"! And this huge wave of joy and comfort filled me. That was my birthday gift from my sweet angel!

These stories are just amazing. Thank you again for starting this thread. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.