Have You Ever Had Your Bridge Baby Visit You?

LadyGrey

I am hoping to get a sign or visit from my Rainey Girl :(:cry1 :cry1

I am so sorry you have not seen RAiney Girl yet, she will come. Maybe she is having an extended welcome party at the moment.

Yes don't worry. It was about 8 months or so before I heard from my first greyt Ivy (Dream Irish) after she crossed over. I was almost frantic about it. Then one day , WOW!, did she send me a message. She was just sooo happy-she had just been caught up in the joy of her new place. She didn't stay in touch much after that but somehow I know everything is alright and peace reigns. Some of the others that crossed over have varying degrees of keeping in touch and sending me messages. It seems like each dog has their own personality and characteristics about doing that as they did other things when in their body suit. It may come when you least expect it-but you'll know-her energy/love will be unmistakeable. :bighug

Edited by racindog

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quinn visits me on a fairly regular basis.. he knows when I need him and suddenly I feel him there.. sometimes a nudge.. sometimes a lick on my knee (he never gave kisses other than a gentle lick to the knee)... sometimes he shows up in dreams. He still takes care of me like he did before he passed. :)

Very well put. Thats the way Slim does me-he still takes care of me just like before. In fact in a unexplainable way it is almost as if we are even closer now. One of the other pack members- Cash- said she was glad he had crossed over "because he had more power now." Maybe that has something to do with it I don't know. I'm just glad we are and will always be soulmates together -just being together still-wow thats it for me.

I still haven't put the boys things away, dog beds still on the floor, toys, bowls, blankies, etc..

Maj always sat in his blue recliner, it's still in the living room, still has his blanket on it and still has his toy sitting on top of the blanket. When I'm sitting in the living room watching tv, I can see his chair out of the corner of my eye and I'll have a feeling that he's laying there, it is so strong and gets my heart racing, and for that split second, I am overcome with the strongest feeling of love that I have ever felt in my life. I hate that it only lasts for that split second, but it's better than nothing.

I miss them so much!!!!! :(

:bighug :bighug

When my girls passed, I could not let their things go for a while. It was like still having their presence with me. Like they were still there. I could not let go. And there is nothing wrong with that. I am so so sorry for your pain! I feel for you. Your boys souded like fantastic kids.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DoofBert

Sir D visits quite often. I feel his gentle nudge to my derrier when no hound is present. I can hear his hufflesnort when all is quiet. And, sometime no hound will jump on the couch with me and looks to me as if to say -- I won't fit -- some one else is there

He's reported in through two different communicators that he still influences our Pokeynoze Black Pack. Yes, Sir D is present to this day!!!! But gosh, I do wish I could get a big old Sir D kiss on my face!!!!:wub: :wub:

• 2 months later...

Very interesting thread! I have a story about my dear Monster Man, a stray cat that my family and I cared for when I used to live at my parents' house during high school and some of college. Monster died (my mom and I had to take him to our vet to be put to sleep,) in 2007 and I still think about him!

A few Christmases ago, I feel that I saw him. I don't remember if it was Christmas 2007 (the first Christmas without him,) or if it was a later Christmas.

I was at my parents' house for the holiday, and I walked into their basement to grab some wrapping paper. (Monster's final days were spent in my parents' basement since we took him in during the last year of his life.) I walked by a mirror in the basement, and I swear I saw Monster sitting on the chair that was reflecting in the mirror. I turned around and looked at the chair, and nothing was on the chair.

But I think Monster was there on that Christmas with me!

Lauren the Human, along with Justin the Human, Kay the Cat and Bernie the Greyhound! (Registered Barney Koppe, 10/30/2006)

Bernie-signature-400.jpg

Guest EmbersDad

Jed visited me once in a dream. he jumped up on me and licked my face like he used to do, let me love on hime for a bit, and then was gone. when we moved to new hampshire, for the first week or so, i could swear i would see ember out of the corner of my eye, look over, and nothing. there also were several times i could feel a dog beside me and reach down to pet them, only to find air.

Here's a secondhand story about a different kind of bridge angel...

Mom passed away in Dec 2003, when my nephew's wife was pregnant with her 3rd son. 3-4 years later, she heard the 3rd son in the kitchen at Dad's house (they lived with Dad), laughing and giggling. She asked him what he was doing, and he said he was playing with "Grandma Duck." that's what her kids called my mom, because Mom collected ducks.

Back on topic... my Angie-girl came to see me, sometime in the first 6months after she left, I think. We had a nice chat, and it was very helpful.

I remember apologizing to her because I had to leave while she was still in the vet's office (business trip that day), and she said "You had to go make the money to buy the dog food" which is what I would say to the girls every morning as I left for work, back in the days I had to go to the office.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I am the world's most skeptical person when it comes to is stuff, but I swear it happened to me. It was a day or two after Phene went to the bridge. I was leep. For just a few seconds, I swear he was there. I could smell him, I could see his super soft coat and feel it, also. Then I woke up. It was so fleeting, yet so real.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Yeah, Robin - I was skeptical too - till Cody sent me a sign I couldn't miss.

My friend Vicki's grey had passed about a year before Cody, then Cody in Jan of '05. I went down to FL to visit Vicki & family in the spring of '06 and I knew they were doing a grey event in Tampa (can't remember the name of it but there were vendors, etc, at a hotel not far from the airport). We were talking about the dogs (of course). We went in the the event & looked around a bit, then when we left, we were driving down the street the hotel was on & saw this humongous double rainbow!! So we both figured that Cleo & Cody were together & sent us both our sign at the same time. Very weird...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest jerrybird

Last week I was sitting at the computer when I felt that famous 'greyhound lean' on my leg. I couldn't tell which dog it was and I guess it doesn't much matter. There have been a couple of dreams of the boys but never a tactile incident. I hope he visits again soon. I miss them all.

I've been avoiding this thread because I never thought I had anything to add. I have often dreamed about my angels but never really had a visit. Those closest I can come is the traits mine have acquired once one has left. Most recently, Kevin....if I had a skirt on, he would be one the to nose under it once I was inside the gate on the deck and trying to latch it back when I got home in the afternoon. Hitchie, all of a sudden, has taken over those duties and he's not quite as tactful! Luckily, I'm blocked from view. The second of Kevin's traits that have been inherited is the need to bark at me at meal time. House has taken that one on. The last of Kevin's traits have been passed on to all of them....the need to be the one standing closest to me. Kevin would always nose or push his way in to be the one closest to me...now it's anyone's game. Stel is the most persistent but when House makes up his mind, he usually wins. If I've ever felt Kevin close by, it has been the sound of one of the flopping over. No hound could ever go from standing to flat dog quicker than Kevin Kirtley.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest dragontearz

I had a dream a couple weeks ago, and woke up crying. Oberon and Guinness were playing together in the backyard and were happy as hell, and I was clapping and laughing as they played together. While I still tear up thinking about Guinness, I haven't cried the same since having that dream.

Our first greyhound - Libby - has come back to visit frequently. Her favorite spot was the rug in the bathroom when I took a shower. She's been there several times - I can see her dark form on the floor through the shower curtain. . Sometimes the dogs won't lay on a particular bed and I know Libby is there. Plus she'll walk around and touch the other hounds, especially my spook Cash. Cash was only here two months, but she was completely devastated when Libby left us quite suddenly. The boys both looked for her an grieved - Cash fell apart. Over the last three years, Cash has gotten better, and as she's gotten better she picks up more and more of Libby's characteristics - A tilt of her head, her grey face, the way she jumps and bounces around the yard. It's so strong that I've called her Libby sometimes.

The most astonishing visit though is from another person's greyhound. Pat (PhillyPups) had to let her beautiful broodie Gremlin go the same weekend Dude broke his leg and was diagnosed with osteo. Gremlin continues to come and visit Dude - every time he had chemo she was there when he got home. And often he'll be playing in the yard with no one I can see, and I know it's Gremlin. I thought it was our Libby at first, as she and Gremmie look a lot alike. But the energy is totally different, and I finally figured out it was Gremlin come to help Dude.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I've not had a visit from my little Nimby but have from Earl. Earl was my first and very special boy. He was the gentlest soul.

Earl had a favorite toy. It was a grey long-haired peanut that giggled. Shortly after he left I know he came to tell us he was okay. We had been in bed about 1 hour. Nimby sleeping on the dog bed beside her daddy's side and me watching TV. I heard the peanut giggle!!! I was so shocked I got up and came down stairs. The peanut wasn't in the toy box any more but in the room where the dog bowls are in the middle of the floor and it wasn't there when we went to bed. Nimby rarely played with that toy and she was upstairs with us. And they never, ever took their toys in there. I know it was Earl that put the toy in that room on his way through to wherever he was going.

The toy is still in the toy box waiting for him to come back. And it is funny that Dante and Cordal (who will take every toy out of the toy box!) never play with that one toy.

Another time on Geniene and I were in the car driving in the county. The sky was blue, not a cloud to be seen and it hadn't rained. We were talking about Earl and Geniene said "Look mom! A rainbow! Earl has sent you a rainbow!" I will never, ever forget that.

I miss my big black golden-eyed boy.

Liz

Guest greycrew

The day I lost Tone last month I couldn't stand to be home that night and my bf was out of town. I went to his house early (he was driving home to be with me) and all the way there I was crying and begging Tone to please send me some kind of sign that he was OK. When I got to bf's house I went to unlock the door and heard a really loud sound. Every single alarm inside his house was going off, not outside - just inside and I couldn't get them to turn off. He finally got home and he too was not able to turn them off - the alarm company had to do it remotely. He said that never happend before in all the years he lived there. I know it was my baby.

Also, I have his littermate Mckenna who is 30 lbs smaller that Tone was and very different from him. I was in the bathroom just the other day and she went to the top of the stairs where I could see her and just stood there just like Tone did every day. I swore it was him. I said McKenna "is tone with you"? then that afternoon on my lunch I was running around the house and didn't know where she went. I went outside and she was laying on the dog bed on the patio where he always used to lay - she never does that unless I'm out there with her. Again she looked JUST like him. I know he was there. I miss him sooooooo much.