Louise Earned Her Wings...

Guest KreweOfRoo

Guest KreweOfRoo

It with tears, love, heartbreak and sadness that I write this letter to inform all of my friends that we lost an amazing girl today, Wednesday, March 9, 2011. My Louise (TZ Toodle Lou) has been set free of the pain of osteosarcoma. Louise came up to me this morning and gave me the sign that she was ready to leave us. We were by her side when she went to run free of pain and join up with her past greyhound family. I think she wanted to wait until after Mardi Gras, since it is one day that we celebrate around here. Louise had a wonderful Mardi Gras…she got to have chicken in her meals, she got to stretch out in the sun for a while and most of all, she got to snuggle with mommy and daddy as we watched the New Orleans Police Dept. end Mardi Gras at midnight.

These last eight months have been beyond trying and extremely heartbreaking for us, with losing Powie, Boyd and now Ms. Louise…or as I lovingly called her…Ms. Ouiser.

I can’t thank Stu and Barbara enough for allowing me bring Louise home almost four years ago. Louise was our first Broodie adoption and she was what I call, ever so lovingly, the straw that broke the camels back and my adventure into the amazing world of Broodies, Seniors and Retired Studs.

March of 2007, Stu had sent out the call to the GSGA family, to see if anyone would be interested in adopting a Senior Brood. Not knowing much about Broodies, I inquired about her and immediately, Stu sent me Louise’s picture. I fell in love immediately. How could you not? One look at her sweet face, her dark eyes that were framed with white fur, in the typical heart shaped pattern, we knew this was a decision that was made with love and respect for this magnificent breed of dog, that we have come to love and dedicate ourselves to. My only question was; would Louise fit in with our younger greyhounds and little dogs? Oh yes! Louise had love for everyone and everything that ever graced her presence.

Louise was 9.5 years old when I adopted her and I was excited to go to the airport to pick her up. When she arrived out of the cargo area, I was feeling so sorry for this little red gal, she was shaking and nervous about what was going to happen to her, especially since all she has known is track life, having puppies and being in the system. As I opened Louise's crate, she hesitantly took her first step towards retirement and her first big leap into my heart. There was no looking back now, I was in love. Louise fit into my home within 30 minutes of arrival. She sniffed her new surrounding, her new companions and her new family. It almost seems as if she knew instantly that this was going to be her forever home. Louise had made our sofas her permanent residence and we wouldn't have had it any other way. We even took a picture that evening of Louise up on the sofa, eating her bowl of food, with a blanket. We captioned it…”How many GSGA rules have we broken….NONE” LOL.

Louise was always the caregiver of the house. If you weren’t feeling well, had surgery or even had your wisdom teeth pulled, Louise was by your side, either in bed or on the sofa with you, giving all the healing love that she had to offer. She was so caring and loving, that is just who she was. She was especially caring and protective of her daddy. Jimmy was her main man in life and Jimmy was so thrilled that he had another greyhound that followed him everywhere. If Jimmy was out gardening, Louise would bask in the sun and watch her daddy with her loving eyes. It was so amazing to experience the love that Louise had to offer…you knew it was special and I will forever keep that in my heart.

The GSGA play date squawker queen handed over her torch a couple years ago, but Stu and I will never forget the voracious zest for life Louise had when it came to squawkers…it is the reason Stu now hides behind a chain link fence. Louise’s special Squawker will be lovingly placed on her urn when she returns home.

I have been asked if I would adopt another senior after these last eight months…and my answer is YES! Although right now I am beat down, emotionally drained and completely heartbroken with the losses we have encountered, I will always have room in my heart for these amazing girls and boys. They are addicting in more ways than one. It’s just at this time, I need some time to allow my heart to grieve for the three that have passed in the last five months.

I want to thank all of my friends and my GSGA family for allowing me to vent on their shoulders, cry on their shoulders and for all of the support they have given me through the last eight months and especially the last five months. Without you all, I couldn’t do what I do. The support is amazing and forever cherished.

I will always love, honor and cherish the short but amazing time we had with you Louise and I will continue to do all I can to help other seniors and broods find their journey to amazing forever families. You were a true inspiration and are lovingly missed…

Love and ROOOO’s…

~Chris and Krewe~

TZ Toodle Lou

9/24/1997 ~ 3/9/2011

post-18352-0-57938600-1299717509_thumb.jpg

I'm so sorry. She was really beautiful and obviously very special.flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest greymama002

Deepest sympathy on the loss of your precious Louise. She sounds like a sweetheart who was dearly cherished.

Run free, beloved babe :angelwings:gh_run

Such beauty. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug

Godspeed Louise :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Louise...I love her name. What a beautiful, heartfelt tribute to your girl...she was special, no doubt. It takes special people to adopt seniors and I admire all of you. Thank you for giving Louise the best years of her life. Rest well, sweet girl.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 She was clearly a very special girl.

Godspeed Louise.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Thank you for sharing the story of your beautiful girl.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

So sorry for your loss! What a beautiful story.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Thank you for sharing the lovely Louise in this very loving tribute. I know she'll be sorely missed, and I'm truly sorry for your loss.

:grouphug:f_pink:grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I'm so sorry it was time for her to leave. :cry1 OS is SUCH a monster. :( Your tribute was lovely and made me cry. She was a gift from the heart. :beatheart

Godspeed, sweet Louise... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful broodie. It is clear that she was truly treasured in her forever home.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

:f_red

Godspeed beautiful Louise - run free of pain now forever.

:gh_run2

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com