Luna - A Great Sister To Greyhounds

Guest zoolaine

Guest zoolaine

Oh man...I am so sorry for your loss. The only other breed I am passionate about...labs. In every color, I have found them to be extremely loyal, loving breeds. Luna is beautiful and may she remain so forever in your heart. May I ask how old she was?

Jess

Luna was 9 and a half years old. I got her at 8 weeks - they had found a litter of 10 puppies under a bridge, ring worm, starving to death in Humble, TX. I adopted her the first week they were up for adoption and about 2 months later adopted Sunny and Briley - the last 2 from Luna's litter to be adopted. I always had a feeling they would pass within a short time of each other, they were so close. She especially, took Sunny's passing very hard and really mourned for him,

It is funny how a house of 5 dogs can seem empty. Who is going to be our fun police now that Luna is off running and playing at the bridge?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 3greysinPA

I'm so very sorry.. She was a beautiful girl..thank you for sharing those wonderful pics of her.. she looks like she was very loving and very patient.. awww.. I'm very sorry. :(

:(f_yellowf_yellow

:grouphug

Godspeed Luna, you were a good dog. :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so very sorry for your loss of Luna. She fought hard and was a brave soul.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry! :( :( :(

my first dog ever was a yellow lab -- they will forever hold a special place in my heart.

your pictures are the sweetest I've ever seen. Run free, sweet Luna! :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

What a very beautiful and obviously very tolerant sweetheart.

I am so sorry for your loss.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest zoolaine

Thanks guys, your support means a lot to me and the pups. Good news is that Luna's ashes will be ready to come home tomorrow!!! I am moving to Texas Tuesday morning and was so worried/stressed that I wouldn't get her back in time and would have to Fed Ex her remains, with the possibility of them getting lost. But the vet that does the cremation is going out of his way to make sure my little girl is back to her family for the move.

I'm so sorry. She was lovely. Godspeed sweet girl.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I'm very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Pretty girl, run fast and free at the bridge with your buddies. Please send your mom a sign soon that you and Sunny are ok.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon