Harley

Guest HappyHarleysMom

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mcsheltie

OMG Noooooo! I have been checking Harley's thread at least once a day, hoping and praying. I feel like I have lost a member of my family too. I know there is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. I just want you to know I am so sorry and wish with all my heart that there was something I could do...

Guest Stripeyfan

I am so, so sorry. This is the one post about Harley I was hoping I'd never read. I wish the outcome could have been better for your boy, we are thinking of you here. grouphug.gif

I am so very sorry Sheri.

God Speed Harley.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Energy11

Sooo well-written and heart-felt!

We are extremely sorry for the loss of your Harley, but, you all fought hard and long ... now, that fight is over, and he is at peace.

God Love, and God Speed your Harley!

With lots of love and hugs ... Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari. Robert H. (Bob) DeYonker, (*my late husband), Bold Energy, Dasher and Max ... meeting your Harley at The Bridge.

i was so sad to see harley's name here this morning, sherry. we followed harley's fight and we hoped, like you, that he would turn the corner and get better. i was so sorry that this was not the case. he was lucky to have you as his momma. he fought so hard. many hugs to you and your husband at this sad time. we are thinking about you.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Like many, I have been following Harley's fight and am so so very sorry for your loss. He sounds like the perfect Grey to me and my heart goes out to you during this difficult time.

Run free Harley, run free and fast... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Sherry & Chuck: I followed Harley's battle & offered my prayers with so many others. I'm so sorry that he's gone.

You & he both tried so hard. You'll see him again one day, I'm positive.

Rest in peace handsome boy; save your mama & dad a place in heaven.

Kathy, DesiRay, Skeeter.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Harley loved and was loved..........What more could a hound ask for.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I am so very, very sorry.....Harley fought a good fight.

You did all you could. More than most people would have done.

Just remember that he loved you....

Nancy, Nixon and his sisters in Ontario

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Words seem so inadequate. Like many others, tears are flowing because I hoped that he would win this fight. I hope you get some comfort knowing that so many of us are mourning with you. :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Was so hoping your precious boy would pull through. :cry1 My heart aches for you. He was a beloved son who will live on forever in your hearts. :beatheart

Godspeed, sweet Harley... go run like the wind with all our beloved angels. :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Godspeed, beloved Harley.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Oh, Sherry.....I can't tell you how sorry I am. I always checked Harley's thread several times a day, hoping that there would be good news, sharing your sadness and frustration when the news was not good. But I was at work today when I saw the words we all dreaded. I just couldn't post, couldn't read your lovely tribute---I would have been crying too much. Over the last weeks, my heart broke for you as you tried to make sense of the roller coaster you were on, as you tried to hope for any sign of improvement, that he was going to be okay, that he would win his brave fight. We know how hard you tried, how hard Harley tried, but sometimes everything we do just isn't enough, and their fragile bodies can't hold their indomitable spirits. I know you pushed yourself to physical and emotional limits too, just wanting to keep him safe and free from pain.

Your eloquent tribute shows how deeply he was loved, and captures the joy he felt and passed along so effortlessly. I remember how many years ago, when you first introduced him to all of us in "the Kingdom", and his joy was the first thing you talked about. He was jumping back then, our Court Jumper, I think just because the happiness he felt could not be contained. I know how much happiness he brought you over the years, and know that you were both blessed to have found each other. And then when you welcomed Chuck into your lives, I think that happiness was complete.

Though your hearts must feel as if a jagged hole has been punched through them, I hope that in time, your precious memories will be a comfort. Sweetie, if ever a dog could watch over his Mom and Dad, and let you continue to feel his presence in your lives till you do meet again, that dog is Harley.

I think you remember when I lost my angel Patsy, how hard she tried to stay with me, and how great a comfort all my wonderful friends were. I think Patsy and Harley were very much alike, two of the world's true innocents. I wrote these words for her, but they are for your precious boy as well.

An angel's star is shining

in the place where he is free

from pain and fear and weariness,

those fragile, earthbound things.

And he would tell you not to cry.

Your angel found his wings.

Thinking of you, keeping you in my prayers, and sharing your sadness. :grouphug

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown