Star - Forever In My Heart!

Guest dfriedri

Guest dfriedri

I haven't been on here in a while but I did want to let everyone know that I had to put my sweet baby girl to sleep tonight. Her name was Star and she and I have been together for the last year, just the two of us.

She fought very bravely against hemangiosarcoma and lost her battle today. We had her front right leg amputated last November and she did very very well with recovery. She was so brave yet had the sweetest disposition ever. I always thought such a brave and strong dog would have had a stand- offish personality or would be real tough but she was so sweet and soft in everything she did. Even the way she took a treat from your hand was dainty and gentle.

On Saturday she started to act a little funny and then yesterday laid most the day. When I got home from work tonight she had very white gums and a bloated belly. We went straight to the e-vet and they said her spleen had ruptured and her belly was full of blood. There was nothing more we could do.

We fought hard and she will always be such a huge inspiration to me! She got me through losing my job, moving to a new city, starting a new job, and she really just made life easier and much more pleasurable these last few years.

I will miss her and love her forever!

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of its master.

-Ben Hur Lampman

Here are some of my favorite pictures of the sweet sweet girl!

2009_1126NEW0176.jpg

2009_1126NEW0200.jpg

2009_1126NEW0222.jpg

Oh, I am so very sorry. I remember Star and was just wondering about how she was doing within the past week or so. I am so very sorry she had to go so young. She was such a beautiful and clearly very loved girl.

:f_white:f_pink:f_white

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

I remember Star! I am so very sorry. What a beautiful girl.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. :cry1 She will live on forever in your heart. :beatheart Godspeed, sweet Star... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

:cry1 I'm so sorry you've lost your special girl. :grouphug:f_red

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Star.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh, what a beautiful little lady, so sweet and so brave.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Star.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, beautiful girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Dani,

As I said last night, I wish I had the words....I am so sorry.

Star was such an inspiration and fought long and hard all the way.

She will always be loved and remembered.

xoxox

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project