Good Thoughts For Charlie - Please

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess Charlie will not be one of the lucky ones...we have found what appears to be three very small spots on his lungs. The vet is sending the x-rays to a radiologist as he stated that he was not 100% sure what they are. He is concerned and based on what I saw, they appear to be lung mets, very very small but there regardless. I am dearly hoping I am wrong but from other images I have seen, it appears it is what it is. I was really hoping for an all clear but that was not meant to be. Now I need to determine what the next approach is. I have read people have done another round of Chemo, usually another drug, e.g. Carboplatin, rather that what he has already been given. Then we have the metronomic protocol that will likely include Palladia and Cytoxan...right now I can't think very well, this news is not what I wanted and I don't want to lose my boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:grouphug

I am so sorry the outcome wasn't good. I was so hoping Charlie could win this one.

If you are wanting to try the Artemisinin, I can send you a bottle. I bought way more that we will probably be able to use.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

I am so sorry to hear about the xrays. Whatever road you decide, if these are in fact what they appear, I know that Charile is a lucky boy to have the Dad and Mom that he does because he will have the very best of care and love.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I am so sorry. I hope that despite these x-rays, Charlie will thrive and be around to create many more beautiful memories with you. Many hugs to all of you!

I'm sorry the news isn't better, however, I've heard a lot lately about that Palladia - it's DEFINITELY worth a try :nod

If Charlie is acting well, let that be your measure from now on. You needed to know about the mets so you can try treatments, but once you get him going on those, measure his health in terms of how he's feeling rather than what may be lurking inside :nod

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest greytfulhounds

I am so very sorry to hear this news, what a blow! :cry1:bighug

Please don't give up & don't let Charlie know this is anything but positive. Miracles happen & these dogs surprise me every day with their strength & spirit. This is a bump in the road but try hard to keep going forward.

Charlie & your family are in my prayers. :hope

I'm so sorry the news wasn't better, but I'll keep your boy in my prayers and hope for a different opinion from the radiologist.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest azlorenz

Well I guess Charlie will not be one of the lucky ones...we have found what appears to be three very small spots on his lungs. The vet is sending the x-rays to a radiologist as he stated that he was not 100% sure what they are. He is concerned and based on what I saw, they appear to be lung mets, very very small but there regardless. I am dearly hoping I am wrong but from other images I have seen, it appears it is what it is. I was really hoping for an all clear but that was not meant to be. Now I need to determine what the next approach is. I have read people have done another round of Chemo, usually another drug, e.g. Carboplatin, rather that what he has already been given. Then we have the metronomic protocol that will likely include Palladia and Cytoxan...right now I can't think very well, this news is not what I wanted and I don't want to lose my boy.

Kyle, I don't know what to say other than I am so very, very sorry. :brokenheart I listen to Flash's breathing all the time and wonder. Guess we'll find out Monday. Love Charlie up for me please. :bighug

I'm so sorry the news wasn't better, but I'll keep your boy in my prayers and hope for a different opinion from the radiologist.

:nod Charlie :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Kyle, I was so haping for better news. :grouphug

I'm sorry the news isn't better, however, I've heard a lot lately about that Palladia - it's DEFINITELY worth a try :nod

If Charlie is acting well, let that be your measure from now on. You needed to know about the mets so you can try treatments, but once you get him going on those, measure his health in terms of how he's feeling rather than what may be lurking inside :nod

Great advice Kristin, because that really is what quality of life is all about. He's pain free and that's a biggie. I'll be praying you get a differing opinion.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Absolutely. Charlie :kiss2 Kyle:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest bigorangedog

So sorry to hear this. You can still get a lot of good time once lung mets have appeared. Whatever medical route you choose, I hope that you have many wonderful days left with your boy!

Oh Kyle, I'm so so sorry to hear this. I really thought Charlie was going to be one of the dogs who totally beat it. Hoping that's still the case and the spots aren't mets. :hope

Assuming you have pre-amp x-rays that your vet compared to to confirm that the spots are new?

I don't know what else to say, I wish I had something more to offer. I just really hope your vet is wrong. :(

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Kyle,

This was not the news I wanted to read. Gosh, I hate this damn disease! :angryfire

Whatever you decide, just love on Charlie as much as possible. Give him anything he wants when he wants it for as long as he wants it. Our Scoop-dog says to tell you that DQ vanilla ice-cream can be very soothing.

We're praying for Charlie and for you. :hope