Deeni Was Hit By A Car Last Night

Guest BooBooMama

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BooBooMama

Glad to hear Deeni is home. A quick note about the Arnica gel though, although it is great for bruises you are NOT suppose to apply it to open wounds. It can be extremely painful when applied to these areas.

Is it safe to ingest if they lick the area?

Very happy to hear that Deeni is home with you. She will start to heal much quicker in her own home. Arnica is awesome, the other thing I really like to use, and in this case it would be my first choice, is Traumeel. You can get it in drops and in pill form. It does come in a topical, but when there are large areas of bruising I prefer the oral form. It was designed for trauma and surgical bruising. I use the drops for my dogs (for me too)

My daughter had a breast reduction, and I was shocked at how awful the bruising was. I gave her the Traumeel pills and her surgeon a week later said she must not bruise much because he had never had a patient loos so good.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest BooBooMama

SUNDAY UPDATE

Deeni is resting comfortably as I write this.

She was a little uncomfortable last night and couldn’t make up her mind where to sleep between the couch and her dog bed but by 11:00 PM she went to sleep and did not wake up until 5:30 when I got up to give her meds. I give her Tramadol every 8 hours and about 15 minutes before her next dose is due she becomes a little restless so I know the meds are doing their job.

She ate last night and this morning but she isn’t interested enough to get up to go to her bowl, so I bring the bowl to her. When I do she devours everything so I think she is just too drugged to go after the food herself but is eating.

I take her out every 4 hours during the day and she walks without any limp and urinates just fine but she has not yet defecated. I know she wasn’t eating at the E Vet Hospital so I am not too worried yet. I need to take her to my vet tomorrow to have her PCV/TS and heart rate checked so I will discuss this with my vet if she has not yet had a bowel movement. Can anyone with experience tell me when I should start being concerned?

She looks like a little survivor with all the bruises and scrapes and cuts. I am so grateful that I did not lose her.

Thank you for all the warm comments and wishes.

Love,

Gigi and Deeni

Guest IrskasMom

Gigi .. I was holding my Breath reading your Update . I am so glad ,Deeni is slightly Improving and Eating . More Prayers and ever so gentle Hugs for Deeni.

I will again look for an Update after the Vet tomorrow. :goodluck:goodluck:goodluck:dogcookie

I am so glad that Deenie has turned the corner and is home. She'll do better at home and be more content.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest kelli123

That is great news. I'm so glad she is still here with you also. I was afraid to open your thread when i read the heading. It is all of our worst nightmares. And so so Happy to hear the good update. We will keep praying for you all.