Guest BooBooMama

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BooBooMama

DEENI UPDATE

Deeni is still in critical condition.

Her blood count went down overnight, meaning that she is still bleeding internally. The total count is still within normal range so we are breathlessly waiting to see if she will plateau and stop dropping. If it drops too low we will give her blood transfusions. Her lungs had to be 'tapped' (air removed) twice- last night and again at 3:00 AM. Today she is breathing well.

She has staples in her elbow from a gash but they feel it should heal well.

She does not wag her tail so they are wondering if there might be a small fracture.

She can walk so there is no pelvic, legs or spinal damage.

I sat with her for an hour today but she was very sleepy from the pain meds. The next 24 hours will be critical.

Thank you for your kind words. I read them but haven’t had any big news to share yet. I will keep you informed. Keep my baby in your prayers.

Thoughts and prayers for your family and Deeni. It is, like someone else said, every dog owner's worst nightmare and something we should all keep in mind when we castigate others who's dogs occasionally lose their owner's control. It truly can happen to ANYONE

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Guest wmlcml6

I'm so sorry to read this about your baby girl. I hope she gets stronger with every moment and can come home soon to finish her recovery. {{{hugs}}}

I couldn't log in from work when I saw this this morning, but you and Deeni have been in my thoughts and prayers all day. I hope she has a restful night (and you too!) and has made some improvements by morning. :hope

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

omg, I'm just seeing this. Sending healing prayers for Deeni. :hope:candle

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

OMG! What a nightmare! Sending powerful healing prayers! Come on Deeni! You have to get better!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest BooBooMama

Friday Night Update:

I just got a call from the E-Vet. Deeni's blood count is up! This is very good news. Her lungs are have been doing fine since the last 'tap' she had at 3:00 AM so it looks as if she is stabilizing. I know all too well how things can turn bad suddenly, but this is upturn has given me a glimmer of hope and I am just going to believe that my baby will be coming home soon.

Thank you all for the love and prayers!!!!