Deeni Was Hit By A Car Last Night

Guest BooBooMama

Guest BooBooMama

She is beautiful. Ditto on the black houndies!! I have a soft spot, too!

Continued wishes for her fully recovery.

Thanks, but the pretty little black hound is Angel- LadyGrey's dog. This is Deeni:

HoudiniSweetFaceAugust32010004.jpg

I am so sorry Gigi for parading my girl in your post. I was being too mommy there. Your Deenie is just LOVELY!! I wanted to see a pic anyway!!! Still praying for the sweet baby. She has sweet eyes too!!

Please- no need to apologize. Angel is a beautiful little girl and I was touched that you shared her photo with me. Deeni and Angel would be great together- both sweet and sensitive. I wish we were not so far away from each other.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deeni is a beautiful girl and hopefully this morning finds he continuing on the road to recovery. We will keep her in our thoughts.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Thanks, but the pretty little black hound is Angel- LadyGrey's dog. This is Deeni:

My bad, I misread the post! She is just beautiful. What a face!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest BooBooMama

Yesterday started out as a bad day for us. Deeni never asked to go out all day Wednesday so by evening it had been over 12 hours since she urinated and over 24 since she had defecated. Finally Wednesday evening I put her leash on her and coaxed her outside. She cried and her tail was tucked the entire time. Once she was out she urinated but wanted back in the house ASAP. After that all she wanted to do was hunker down on the couch. She would only get up to move from her dog bed on the floor to the couch and back. If I spent a long time sitting next to her doing calming signals she would let me pet her- otherwise she screamed. She refused her dinner Wednesday night and breakfast Thursday morning. I finally got her to eat 1/2 a can of green tripe by feeding her by hand- she would NOT get up to come to her bowel.

I was so worried. I called my vet yesterday and he coached me to get her calm then massage her over her entire body to check for any signs of pain. Starting at the neck work my way down her spine and over her tail as well as palpitated her abdomen and sides. Once I did this I called him back to let him know that she was showing no signs of pain. She would even roach, stretch and shake herself when she moved from bed to bed. After my ‘report’ he felt it was safe to stop the Tramadol completely. He felt it was acerbating her fears and anxieties and affecting her appetite.

Now, after 24 hours of being off the Tramadol she is acting more like her old self but is still upset if I pet her and touch her collar- anything that seems like I am going to force her outside.

That being said, I grabbed my coat and her leash last night and, much to my surprise, she jumped off the couch and walked over to me to go outside!!! We went out and she relieved herself but after a few minutes she began to cower and tuck her tail so we went back in the house.

We still have a long way to go but her coming to me to go out was HUGE. One day at a time.......

Yesterday started out as a bad day for us. Deeni never asked to go out all day Wednesday so by evening it had been over 12 hours since she urinated and over 24 since she had defecated. Finally Wednesday evening I put her leash on her and coaxed her outside. She cried and her tail was tucked the entire time. Once she was out she urinated but wanted back in the house ASAP. After that all she wanted to do was hunker down on the couch. She would only get up to move from her dog bed on the floor to the couch and back. If I spent a long time sitting next to her doing calming signals she would let me pet her- otherwise she screamed. She refused her dinner Wednesday night and breakfast Thursday morning. I finally got her to eat 1/2 a can of green tripe by feeding her by hand- she would NOT get up to come to her bowel.

I was so worried. I called my vet yesterday and he coached me to get her calm then massage her over her entire body to check for any signs of pain. Starting at the neck work my way down her spine and over her tail as well as palpitated her abdomen and sides. Once I did this I called him back to let him know that she was showing no signs of pain. She would even roach, stretch and shake herself when she moved from bed to bed. After my 'report' he felt it was safe to stop the Tramadol completely. He felt it was acerbating her fears and anxieties and affecting her appetite.

Now, after 24 hours of being off the Tramadol she is acting more like her old self but is still upset if I pet her and touch her collar- anything that seems like I am going to force her outside.

That being said, I grabbed my coat and her leash last night and, much to my surprise, she jumped off the couch and walked over to me to go outside!!! We went out and she relieved herself but after a few minutes she began to cower and tuck her tail so we went back in the house.

We still have a long way to go but her coming to me to go out was HUGE. One day at a time.......

Great news! That sounds like a huge step last night.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

It sounds like she is moving in the right direction, excellent news! It will take time however for her to be back to her normal self 100%.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so sorry Gigi for parading my girl in your post. I was being too mommy there. Your Deenie is just LOVELY!! I wanted to see a pic anyway!!! Still praying for the sweet baby. She has sweet eyes too!!

Please- no need to apologize. Angel is a beautiful little girl and I was touched that you shared her photo with me. Deeni and Angel would be great together- both sweet and sensitive. I wish we were not so far away from each other.

SOOO glad to hear she's did better yesterday!!! I hope she continues to get better and better. Drugs make my little girl wacky too.

and sorry for the confusion on the pup too -- HOWEVER. This is my Rainey :) while not the greatest picture, I absolutely think your Deeni is one of the most BEAUTIFUL girls in the world. B) But of course, I am not biased :lol they could be twins :) (this is an older picture, she's a lot grayer now).

IM000263.jpg

continuing to send hugs :):hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest BooBooMama

SOOO glad to hear she's did better yesterday!!! I hope she continues to get better and better. Drugs make my little girl wacky too.

and sorry for the confusion on the pup too -- HOWEVER. This is my Rainey :) while not the greatest picture, I absolutely think your Deeni is one of the most BEAUTIFUL girls in the world. B) But of course, I am not biased :lol they could be twins :) (this is an older picture, she's a lot grayer now).

IM000263.jpg

continuing to send hugs :):hope :hope

OMG! They really could be twins!

I have never picked a dog by color but it just turned out that my other three were all brindles: Jen a red brindle, Jamie a dark brindle and BooBoo a fawn brindle. Deeni is my first non-brindle. Her cute little face grabbed my heart the second I saw her.

Hugs,

Gigi and Deeni

Adding more well wishes for a full recovery! She has such an expressive, beautiful face that I'm sure you love to smooch on :wub:

Poor little girl- when I first got her I couldn't stop giving her smooches. She must have thought that her new mom was nutty!

Guest Energy11

Deeni IS a real beauty! She looks like our Goldie, too :-)

I just KNOW, time and patience will get her out of this, just like it did my Curfew, after we adopted him. He was scared of EVERYTHING!

Sending you both love!

Guest BooBooMama

Deeni IS a real beauty! She looks like our Goldie, too :-)

I just KNOW, time and patience will get her out of this, just like it did my Curfew, after we adopted him. He was scared of EVERYTHING!

Sending you both love!

My Jamie was a "spook" but I knew where I stood with her. Every little victory was a gain. But with Deeni I had her trust, then thought that I could lose her from the injuries and just when I knew she would make it, I lost her trust- that is what makes this so heart wrenching.

But it looks like this will have a good ending. Amazing how powerful Tramadol can be.

Oh, you don't know the half of how Tramadol can send some hounds to outer space! I am praying that now that Deeni will be in complete control of her faculties, she will be able to make more sound doggie decisions instead of viewing her world from somewhere out in la-la land. She is absolutely beautiful! Please kiss that little beautiful face for me! Hoping for a much better weekend for the two of you.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Yes, they would. Deenie is so lovely. Rainy is lovely too.

About her first poop in a long time...........you must have never been happier to see a poop in your life then when Deeni finally did!! :yay

So glad to hear good reports. Wow, I will have to remember that drug Tramadol. What a monster drug. Hugs and blessings to you Gigi and Deeni!!

:grouphug

Guest BooBooMama

I just had to share this- earlier today Deeni walked into the room, spotted one of her toys and began to play with it!!!! This is the first time I have seen her happy since the car accident. My little girl is really coming back to me.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and kind messages. I do not know what I would do without all of you.

I just had to share this- earlier today Deeni walked into the room, spotted one of her toys and began to play with it!!!! This is the first time I have seen her happy since the car accident. My little girl is really coming back to me.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and kind messages. I do not know what I would do without all of you.

This brought tears to my eyes. Wonderful update!

This is wonderful! She is on her way back to you and I couldn't be happier for both of you.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

That's the way to start the day! :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I have been following this, but not posting.

SO HAPPY to hear that the toy is being attacked! Go, Deeni! You have my love and my prayers!

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.