Deeni Was Hit By A Car Last Night

Guest BooBooMama

Great update! May the trend continue.

It is with great shame that I admit- I have judged owners quite harshly (to myself- never to their faces!) whose dogs got loose. Now I know that it can happen in the blink of an eye.

We of course should not judge others but I think we all do it at times. It seems human nature & Mother Nature tends to win out quite often. For yours & Deeni's sake, I truly wish you had not found out the full reality this way. No one should. Life is filled with an almost infinite set of variables & we cannot control them all. We do the best we can. That's all you can do. When accidents happens as they always do to even the best, most careful pet owner, you do the best you can to make things right again. Deeni is blessed to have a Mama to provide the care needed.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BooBooMama

glad to hear she appears to be stabilizing ! hoping she continues to improve and can come home soon. I have been lax in my 'wait' training at the door, but this was a wake-up call for me to get back on it.

:candle :candle

Deeni has been terrific with her 'wait' training so this was a huge shock.

Guest FordRacingRon

I never ever come to the H and M forum,,life is tough enough. But today I wandered in here and saw this. I will pray for your pup to get better.

Guest BooBooMama

SATURDAY AFTERNOON

Deeni has been stable for 24 hours so now it is just a matter of keeping her quiet and giving her pain and anti-inflammatory meds. She won’t eat at the hospital and cries all the time so we have opted to let her come home!!! She is here right now. She looks a mess with all of her bruises, cuts and a swollen leg but she is happy to be home. No more crying!!! As soon as I showed her the leash she was up on her feet and trotting to the exit.

I can’t believe how lucky we were. The entire hospital staff came to the door to watch her leave. They were amazed that she wasn’t more badly injured. She still has a long way to go but for now she can do her healing at home.

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I really thought I was going to lose my little girl that night. I don’t know what I would do without GT.

Much love,

Gigi and Deeni

Wonderful news!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Glad to see she is home! You should try Arnica gel (you can get it at GNC) Its a miracle worker for bruising, aches and pains.

:nod:thumbs-up Good i. Arnica is the herb for muscle soreness, also available in tablet form. I am soo happy for you that Deeni is home and stable. :bighug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest wmlcml6

Such a good update. I'm happy, so you must be ecstatic! Stay strong, Deeni.

I third the suggestion of arnica gel. I got a black eye on Tuesday evening from an exuberant racer jumping up to give me a "welcome" and his claws got my eye. By day two, the bruises were lighter, and today there are no more bruises.

:hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Welcome home sweet Deeni!!! There have been so many that have had you in their prayers.

Keep getting better, OK?

Kendra and Secret

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Great to hear Deeni is home! I'm sure she will heal quicker at home with you where she is more comfortable. Sending more healing thoughts her and your way.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound