Martin

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest brandi007

I'm sooooo very sorry, know that there are many people weeping with you. Thank you for giving this sweet boy the best days of his life - run free sweety.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, not another one. This is hard enough to endure from a great distance away in NJ; I can't imagine what all you folks in TX are going through. I'm so sorry.

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

Holly, I know that your heart is broken right now. Please take comfort knowing that you gave Martin the best days of his life. With you he was loved, cherished, and treated like a king. I wish that you had more time with him but I truly believe that beautiful dog knew he was in his forever home. :grouphug

Run free Martin. f_yellow May your body and spirit run free and happy knowing that you were loved and missed.

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

Ooof, like being punched. sad.gif You gave him more, Holly, than anyone ever had. I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest FullMetalFrank

It is always heartbreaking to see the name of a familiar hound show up in the Remembrance forum; but somehow seeing Martin, and also Rachael and Braden, is just beyond sad; it's a real punch in the gut. They did not deserve this; their rescuers and foster families did not deserve this, nor did the veterinary staff who tried to save them. Sad enough, and unfair enough, when cancer, or old age, or even tragic accidents take our beloved hounds; but these dogs were taken by the cruelty of a "human" being. :angryfire It is a small comfort that they knew kindness and love at the end; at least they got to learn that not all humans are heartless and cruel. Bless all those involved in taking care of them; you did your best.

Godspeed, Martin...

Guest IrskasMom

This Person , who did this to this poor defenseless Animals will be judged not here on Earth but by someone else. Martin RIP you sweet Boy. You were loved at least in your final Hours. Holly I am so very sorry. :f_red:f_red:f_red

There are no words to truly express the pain and sadness felt by so many people at the passing of Martin. Holly, you gave him a treasured time where he was loved, comforted, cared for and each day brought new joy without fear. He deserved so much more but he knew how much you loved him. The photos show a dog learning to live again, blossoming from a horrid existence into a trusting, loving boy. It is unfair that he didn't have more time with you but oh, what you did for him in the time he was with you right to the end where he left this earth feeling loved.

My heart goes out to you and to all those foster families fighting for the lives of these pups. Martin, Rachael, Braden. You will never be forgotten.

flowers_yellow.gifflowers_yellow.gifflowers_yellow.gif

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest greytbookert

I cannot find the words to express my sadness to read of Martin's passing.

Holly - You're in my thoughts and prayers. It was obvious how much you loved him and I know he felt your love as well as the love from all the folks who cared for him.

Run free handsome!

You were his angel, Holly, and with you Martin knew nothing but love. I'm so sorry that the work of angels can bring such pain. grouphug.gif

Godspeed sweet Martin ghrun.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest wmlcml6

This whole situation is such a tragedy. Every time I read that one more has not been able to overcome the neglect they endured, my heart hurts for them, and the people who tried to help them.

Whoever made this boy smile right here ... you did good. It helps to know he felt comfortable and was able to be perky for a brief time.

37667_1153778901464_1737423271_299991_2009220_n.jpg

Rest in peace, sweet brindle baby.

Martin, you took a piece of my heart with you to the bridge. Go find Miz Foxy, she'll take care of you.

Holly, huge hugs to you :grouphug

Godspeed sweet boy, you will never be forgotten. :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Holly - I'm so very sorry. I prayed so hard for this sweet boy - and all his pals. Thank you for showing him a loving home. What a wonderful gift you gave him. GodSpeed sweet Martin.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

Guest greyt2love

Holly, you gave Martin the best home and all the love he deserved. I know your heart is breaking right now, and mine breaks right along with you. Martin was so beautiful and the pictures you shared were so sweet. I am so sorry he is gone. Rest well now, sweetie. You will be remembered.

:cry1

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown