Martin

Guest TheUnrulyHound

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holly, I am sorry that Marting lost his battle. The photos of him show that he knew love in the end and that is what is most important.

Run free Martin, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Holly, I'm so very sorry. Your photo's say it all, in Martins short life after his rescue, he knew he was loved and he knew he had a home and that is more important than anything. You gave him those things and he loved you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest jettcricket

I'm so sorry in the loss of this most precious little soul who's time was much too short. Seeing his pictures in your home gave everyone so much hope that he'd make it.

My heart hurts with yours....

RIP in peace sweet pea.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 I wish he could have stayed.

And Holly, that 3rd picture--of Martin on the patio--and the last one? He knew he was home.

Godspeed Martin.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I know how hard you fought to keep him here and well; dear Martin, I know the love you were given helped you to float over the Bridge.

:grouphug

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Guest K9Cookies

Oh, Holly. :cry1 I'm so sorry for you and the whole extended family that cared about Martin. :grouphug Thank you for working so hard.

Run free, Martin. :gh_run2

Run free sweet Martin........ ride on our tears and turn them into stars, show us a rainbow and will know you'll never be far.

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

Noooooo!!! Crying here for a boy I never met, but who was obviously so very special. Please God, no more.

My condolences to everyone who helped this baby. Godspeed, Martin.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Oh no, Holly!!! :weep :weep :weep

I cannot believe that beatuiful Martin is gone.

I am so very sorry, sweet boy.

Run pain free at the Bridge.

:grouphug:hope

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest mdituro

Holly, you are in my thoughts & prayers - as I said in the other thread, you are my hero! You were there for this very special boy right up to the end and he knew he was loved! He knew! I sit here crying, like so many others, for a dog I never met, but came to love through your pictures & words. Martin so reminded me of one of my pups that I lost in April - it was in his eyes - and it haunts me that he lost his battle, too. Martin will not be forgotten and his death will not be in vain. He earned his angel wings so that maybe others can thrive. My deepest condolences to you and your family. And GODSPEED SWEET MARTIN!!

flowers_red.gifrungrey.gifflowers_red.gif

Mary Ann

Sorry that Martin went to the bridge. :angelwings

Holly I dont know you but thanks for taking him into your home w/o your family this boy would never had none love

:bighug

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I am so sorry Holly. I so enjoyed the pictures & progress you shared with us about Martin. He was so adorable & I can't believe he had to leave. Godspeed Martin!

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest VaGreymom

If you have a moment, please light a candle for Martin at Gratefulness:

Gratefulness Candle

Thank you for the link. I found a few minutes of peace after lighting the candle. I am just heartbroken. Martin, there is no doubt in my mind you felt loved in the end that should have been there for all your young years. You are now in a better place.

Run Free Sweet Martin.flowers_white.gif

I am so terribly sorry. That poor beautiful boy had so much to live for in his forever home. :f_red

Guest HoustonGreys

THE SPIRIT OF A GREYHOUND

I was standing on a hillside

In a field of blowing wheat,

And the spirit of a Greyhound

Was lying at my feet.

He looked at me with kind dark eyes,

Ancient wisdom shining through.

In the essence of his being,

I saw the love there too.

His mind did lock upon my heart

As I stood there on that day,

And he told me of this story

About a place so far away.

As I stood upon that hillside

In a field of blowing wheat,

In a twinkling of a second

His spirit left my feet.

His tale did put my heart at ease,

All my fears did fade away

About what lay ahead of me

On another distant day.

"I live among God's creatures now

In the heavens of your mind,

So do not grieve for me, my friend

As I am with my kind.

My collar is a rainbow's hue,

My leash is a shooting star.

My boundaries are the Milky Way

Where I sparkle from afar.

There are no pens or kennels here

For I am not confined,

But I'm free to roam God's heavens

Among the Greyhound kind.

I nap the day on a snowy cloud

Gentle breezes rocking me,

And dream the dreams of earthlings,

And how it used to be.

The trees are full of liver treats,

And tennis balls abound,

And milkbones line the walkways

Just waiting to be found.

There even is a ring set up,

The grass all lush and green;

And everyone who gaits around

Becomes the Best of breed.

For we're all winners in this place;

We have no faults, you see.

And God passes out those ribbons

To each one, even me.

I drink from waters laced with gold,

My world a beauty to behold;

And wise old dogs do form my pride

To amble at my very side.

At night I sleep in angel's arms,

Her wings protecting me,

And moonbeams dance about us

As stardust falls on thee.

So when your life on earth is spent

And you stand at Heaven's gate,

Have no fear of loneliness--

For here, you know, I wait.

Author unknown

Holly, you were able to put a smile on Martin's face in the short time he was with you. He knew he was loved. Your face was the last thing he saw and the loving home you gave him were the memories he took with him. God bless you.

:f_red:gh_run Run with the Angels sweet Martin!

Guest jettcricket
<br />If you have a moment, please light a candle for Martin at Gratefulness:<br /><br /><a href='http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=GALT' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Gratefulness Candle</a><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thank you for the link...I just lit my candle and asked God to watch over our newest angels and to please help to heal those that are still here with us.

Hugs to all....

Edited by jettcricket