Martin

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest Smiley

There are no words for this heartbreak. How very wonderful that he knew love in his last days and may he run free in peace and joy now. I am so, so sorry.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for your loss. I sit here in tears for Martin and Holly. I look at his beautiful face and wonder how on one hand there are the Holly's of the world who look in Martin's eyes and see such deep, true beauty - and how on the other hand there are human beings who could do this to such beautiful souls....

Run free, Dear Martin. ...And remember the time that you had in loving hands....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest 4rooers

I have been following this tragedy, and have shed many tears over these sweet babies. It occurs to me that these dogs have taught us about how love can overcome pain and cruelty and the horrors that they have had to face,that they could trust again so readily when loving people took them in. Their short lives have shown us about uniting to fight the evil that humans inflict on innocent lives.We owe them all our gratitude for the hard lessons learned, and I know I will never forget any of them. Thank you for loving Martin and for showing him that the world could be a wonderful place, even if only for a short time.

f_yellow:gh_runf_yellow

Godspeed, little angel, I will look for you when I get there.

Kim

I really don't know what to say....this whole ordeal has just been way too much for me to even think about grasping. Martin, you handsome boy, I'm glad you finally knew what love really was....I hope you took that with you. Holly, you are an angel for giving him the best time of his too short life. I am so sorry. grouphug.gif

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I am so very, very sorry. The joy that Martin experienced with you just leaps out of the photos. At least he left this earth having experienced what life should have been like all along. Godspeed, Martin. Run like the wind! Thank you for giving him the best part of his life.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I am so sorry, Martin. You were such a beautiful boy, and your beauty shines through your smile. I am s sorry that you were let down so badly by my species for most of your life :(:brokenheart ... and so glad that you experienced some joy and tenderness before you had to leave. Thank you to the special people who gave you that last gift, and thanks to whom you were able to feel some of the sweetness and love that life can offer. :heart

Thank you for your kind heart, Holly.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm sorry Holly. No words can describe the hurt my heart feels for you and all of the other "care givers" to these special hounds of the universe, lost to us all needlessly. My prayers for the continuing recovery of the rest of the pups remains constant. Thank you for all of the love you showered on Martin.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest gardenger

Thank you for your kind hands, huge heart and loving ways, Holly.

Martin had days of knowing the sanctuary of a forever home.

Martin, may you rest in peace.

Gerry

Guest PiagetsMom

Such a beautiful boy.......each of these losses just breaks your heart. I'm so glad he was in loving hands - I'm sorry :grouphug

:brokenheart Martin :weep

Holly :grouphug :grouphug I can't even imagine the sadness and frustration you must be feeling. Thank you so much for showing this beautiful boy what life is really supposed to be like.

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

While I was at Grapehounds, I heard the news of Rachael and Martin's passings, and the sadness stayed with me all week-end. But coming home and reading the pain in your heartfelt tribute, seeing Martin's pictures, looking at his dear little face and gentle eyes that spoke volumes, I finally just sat here and sobbed for so many reasons. For the normal life, so taken for granted, that was denied this innocent soul, for the loss of his hoped for life---one filled with the love and safety he so deserved---and for the pain and sadness that fill your broken heart. And finally, for the injustice, the unfairness, the knowledge that such random cruelty exists every day, and that sometimes everything we do is just not enough.

Holly, you were Martin's angel. You gave your everything to him, and if love alone could save lives, he would have been with you and everyone who loved him for many years. We believe he knew that he had found his forever home among your wonderful family and in your heart. That belief has to bring us some comfort as we share your sadness, and mourn his loss.

Sending hugs and white light for strength during this very sad time. I'm so, so sorry you lost your precious boy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest how888
:weep I am so sorry... Godspeed Martin... You will be in everyone's hearts forever sweetie... Soar high with the angels and know you were loved.. :f_red:f_red:f_red

No adequate words. Just a horrible tragedy. I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

39159_1157147465676_1737423271_307496_7774192_n.jpg

I have been thinking about Martin all weekend. :f_red

Angel Martin, I hope that all is well at the Bridge and that you are pain free and happy there.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France