Martin

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Beautiful Martin, I love you so much and I miss you terribly. I have been trying to find the words to write this rememberance thread for hours now..... I still don't have words that feel adequate enough.

I am so very glad I was able to see you one last time, to be there with you when you left this earth and to tell you once more that I love you. I will always remember you and the small things that brought you so much joy. I will always remember your sweet smile, and how you opened up and became such a loving boy dispite the horrible trauma you had been through.

I miss you sweetheart, I hope that you knew you were in your forever home.....

37263_1152408147196_1737423271_297087_7118944_n.jpg

37263_1152408187197_1737423271_297088_7441300_n.jpg

37667_1153778901464_1737423271_299991_2009220_n.jpg

34463_1154754365850_1737423271_301916_2580401_n.jpg

35255_1155581746534_1737423271_304019_2916221_n.jpg

35206_1155581786535_1737423271_304020_6841437_n.jpg

weep.gifweep.gif I can't believe he is gone......

39159_1157147465676_1737423271_307496_7774192_n.jpg

edited to add the GALT update on Martin

Update 7/29/10

Martin left us today, July 29, at 5:05pm with loving friends surrounding him, and his foster mom, Holly, whispering in his ear. Martin's condition continued to deteriorate today with his experiencing advanced neurological symptoms. This video shows his condition. (I have removed the link to the video, you can go to Martins page on GALTs site to access the link... I can't bear to watch it as I saw it in person and know what it shows so watch at your own risk) Dr. Doug Bronstad, board certified in Internal Medicine at the Animal Diagnostic Clinic in Plano has been in charge of both Martin's and Rachael's cases. Per Dr. Bronstad, "A dog with the severe neurological issues that Martin presented can expect to suffer debilitating and often fatal seizures in the immediate future and has no chance at recovery."

The test results are still pending; PCR tests for distemper were submitted. Results were hoped to be received today, but have not been reported at this posting. Martin, along with many of the 28, arrived at FWAC with green mucous in his eyes, as did Rachel and several others.

Martin is now running pain free at the Rainbow Bridge with his friend Rachael.

All medical reports have and will continue to be turned over to the Ft. Worth Police Animal Cruelty Detective to aid in the prosecution of the person from whom these 28 dogs were seized.

Edited by TheUnrulyHound

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry Holly :(

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest happygrey
:weep :weep There aren't words good enough to describe how sad I am for you! I hate that these senseless losses have happened!

Holly my heart breaks for you... This is very sad.... :weep :weep I know it has to be hard for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers and know that you were Martins angel. You showed him what it was like to have "TRUE" love. :grouphug :grouphug

:f_red:gh_run Run Free Sweet Martin :f_red

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest adriahna

Holly, you are deeply in my thoughts - I know how much you loved him. Never stop celebrating his place in your life, always keep his memory close.

Martin, I'm so glad that you knew love here on earth - and indescribably happy that you were surrounded by love when you left it. You were so sick, so exhausted - but had such a beautiful moment in the sun with your family. I will never forget you, and promise to fight in your memory, to try and stop such a thing from ever happening again.

You are loved, little boy.

This is so unfair. My heart breaks for you Holly. You gave Martin some very special days on this Earth. He left this world knowing he was loved and that means everything. Run free sweet Martin.

Guest 4greytful

I love the pictures with his toys. The joys he was able to experience with the heartfelt cares from you Holly and everyone who helped in his too short journey of life. To Braden, Rachel and Martin, we love you as you touched so many hearts. I hope your heart is healed now. More prayers for Pudge and all the rest of the babes.

i prayed the prayer of st. francis when i first read that martin had died. i didn't know what else to do.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

where there is injury, pardon;

where there is doubt, faith;

where there is despair, hope;

where there is darkness, light;

and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek

to be consoled as to console;

to be understood as to understand;

to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;

it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;

and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

rest in peace, beautiful boy. you will never be forgotten. never ever.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Guest zoolaine

Oh Martin, :weep :weep :weep my heart just ripped in 2 when I read that he was gone. Thank you so much for taking him into your home and loving him. For showing him how good and kind and loving a family can be. I think we can count you (and Rachaels foster family) as the first official foster flunkie in the FWAC 28, as Martin will now be your boy forever. :grouphug Godspeed Martin - run with the angels :angelwings

Guest Adrianne

I am heartbroken to hear this news, and I am crying with you, Holly. Rest peacefully, sweet Martin. You were loved beyond your wildest imagination. weep.gif

crying4.gifI loved the pcitures of Martin with his donut. You gave him the best you could Holly.

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Holly, there are no words, just many tears shed with yours. :bighug

Your love for the hounds, your gentle touch on sweet Martin, I believe he knew he was in his forever home as he put his pawprint gently on your heart and took a part of your heart with him. I am sure Angel Outlaw is taking care of him as are all our angels whom we have called upon to watch over the FW28. Martin went to the bridge knowing what true love can be, you gave him that gift.

Run with the angels Sweet Martin, you are with the very very best ~

Guest lovemyhounds
:brokenheart I am so sorry for your loss. From afar, I had fallen for Martin and can only imagine the pain his loss has brought to those of you who cared for him. Thank you for loving him and giving him a home. Thank you for sharing him, for it was through you that we all got to know and love him. He looks so happy in the above pictures and that too is because of you. Thank you! Run healthy, happy and free at the Rainbow Bridge sweet Martin. You are very missed. :gh_run

I am sitting here crying my eyes out. I loved seeing his happy face and playing with his toys. I cannot believe that this sweet looking boy is gone. My DH and DS told me to stop looking at this site if I am going to cry. It just breaks my heart that he had to go. At least he knew what a loving home was . . . even if only for a little while.

Run free sweetheart!

Holly, I don't have words to comfort you, because there is no comfort, only loss and pain. But you gave Martin not only wonderful weeks of love- and fun-filled life, but also the gift of comforting him while he was released from the horrible suffering he was enduring. You gave him back his spirit, then you set his spirit free. Bless you, Holly, and Godspeed, Martin.

May I Go

Do you think the time is right?

May I say goodbye to pain filled days and endless lonely nights?

I've lived my life and done my best, an example tried to be.

So can I take that step beyond, and set my spirit free?

I didn't want to go at first, I fought with all my might.

But something seems to draw me now to a warm and living light.

I want to go, I really do; it's difficult to stay.

But I will try as best I can to live just one more day.

To give you time to care for me and share your love and fears.

I know you're sad and afraid, because I see your tears.

I'll not be far, I promise that, and hope you'll always know,

That my spirit will be close to you wherever you may go.

Thank you so for loving me. You know I love you too,

And that's why it's hard to say goodbye and end this life with you.

So hold me now just one more time and let me hear you say,

Because you care so much for me, you'll let me go today.

by Susan A. Jackson

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

Guest JillinMichigan
:weep:weep:weep This is such sad news....I am so sorry for your loss, Holly. Martin looked so happy and sweet in your pictures.

Guest Shana

again I have no words, only tears for this boy.

Run free Martin, and as I told Rachael: know that the justice will come to those who deserve it.

We love you, pretty baby, now run free.

{{{{{Holly}}}}} you were Martin's angel. I am so sorry for your loss.

Guest Javasmom

Holly, I can't believe he is gone either. I am so sorry. I really though he had a chance to pull through. What a sweet face, your pics brought tears to my eyes. I am so sad and so worried now, more than ever. Hugs to you, I know you need them. You did all you could and he loved you for it. Thank you.

Martin, your soulful eyes will be missed. RIP sweetie and I am glad you got to know some good in life. You were a sweet boy who will never be forgotten.

I have been sitting here unable to stop bawling my eyes out for some time now and struggling to find the words to express my sorrow at your loss, but it all seems inadequate. I am so heartbroken over all of these losses, but Martin in particular because I saw him getting better in your home, the brightness returning to his eyes from your love and care, those photos of him with his donut :wub: and I forgot that he was still a very sick dog. Even when I saw that he was in critical care, I didn't want to believe that this could be the result. I forced myself to watch the video that GALT shared. I'm so very sorry that you had to see him suffer in the end and that he couldn't have continued on his path to recovery in his newly found forever home. Thank you so much for sharing him with us while you did have him. To have given him the loving home that you did, knowing what the result might be, I think that is the best gift you could have given him.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Holly, I am so thankful that this sweet boy knew love - your love - before he crossed to the bridge.

I am so sorry - we all know how hard all of you are fighting for these precious souls.

Martin, run free - no more pain, no more suffering.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com