Marx Update 6/15/10

Sorry I haven't posted sooner with an update on Marx, here goes:

Dr. Couto emailed back and said Marx's xrays (chest & abdomen) look fine (thank goodness!). He suggested chemo and another surgery to remove the remainder of the area that had unclean margins. DH and I were tossing around the idea of another surgery, we didn't want to do chemo......well, yesterday everything changed :( Another mass has shown itself as have multiple red spots that will turn into masses that look like blood blisters on his left side. I called a dear friend Amanda (Guinessthegreyt here on GT) to vent and have an outsider listen, and offer input on the situation. DH and I talked about things and have decided that we will not subject Marx to another surgery or surgeries, or chemo. I know others may not agree with this decision but it's what we feel is right for our beloved Marx.

He is still his same old man self, not acting any differently. We will take things day to day and enjoy whatever time Marx will bless us with presence, of course that means extra spoiling and lovins. :blush

So my GT friends please keep Marx in your prayers and pray we have the strength to continue to make the right decisions for him and not be selfish.

Praying for all the missing greys!

Sending gentle hugs and prayers. I hope he is comfortable and happy for a long long time.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Of course you will make the right decisions. It will hurt like hell. But you'll do it out of love. :bighug

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Oh karen...I am sorry for your news. Hugs to you and saint guy.

Anyone that knows you knows you do things only out of love for the dogs.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest kydie
:hope to you and your Marx, no matter what decision you make, it is NEVER easy, your love of him will see you through :candle Edited by kydie

Continued prayers for Max and prayers for you and DH to have the strength to make the right decision for all of you. Does not matter whether other people agree or disagree about your decision, it is your decision and whatever decision you makes it comes from the heart. Thoughts of all of you right now!

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Sometimes the most loving decisions turn out to be the hardest.:grouphug:grouphug

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

:weep :weep I'm so sorry. Karen, if you guys need anything please call us. And give Marx a big hug from us :grouphug Edited by mom2zeus

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

Prayers for Marx. I hope you have a long time together to make wonderful memories.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Of course you will make the right decisions. It will hurt like hell. But you'll do it out of love. bighug.gif

:nod

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Let me know if you need anything, Karen.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Oh karen...I am sorry for your news. Hugs to you and saint guy.

Anyone that knows you knows you do things only out of love for the dogs.

Thanks Donna I really appreciate that!

May I please come spoil him too??

Hugs

Jeannine of course you can come and love on your nephew, I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Thanks everyone for all the thoughts and prayers, I think everything is finally hitting me....

Praying for all the missing greys!

Karen, I am just seeing this now. I am so very sorry. :grouphug I hope you and Marx have a lot of time left together. Let me know if you need anything.

Sometimes the most loving decisions turn out to be the hardest.:grouphug:grouphug

Ain't that the truth!

And regarding what others think about your decision Karen, I've never known you to care what other people think about you, now sure isn't the time to start. Only you and The Saint know what is best for your pups. ;)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest Stripeyfan

You know your dog, and you know what's right for him, it's not for anyone else to judge IMO. I hope you have lots more happy times together, sending you both loads of hugs.