Frightning Roick

Guest larock

Guest larock

Our girl is gone, taken from us by that insidious disease, cancer. It was in her intestines and in-operable...she had an issue in March which may have been related (we're not sure). She seemed to rally but last week the diarrhea started again and then what looked like a UTI. We took her to the vets on Saturday for tests and meds but on Sunday she didn't seem better. Then her tummy started to bloat and she wouldn't eat. We knew it was probably the end but we just didn't want to believe it. Hoping it was something "fixable"...it wasn't.

She was an extraordinarily beautiful broody momma and 8 years old when we adopted her in November 2007. She was born in Iowa and had 33 races to her name before moving on to a career raising pups. She had 6 litters consisting of 41 pups that we know of, 39 registed with the NGA. Interestingly two littlers were with the same dog which led to the occational "Elizabeth Taylor" joke or two - but she took it in stride.

Frightning was a the best girl ever, the quintisential "Miss Dog". She sat patiently on her bed till you called her, and she always came promptly. I think she would have taken dictation if she could. She never complained (much). She slept though the night. She loved Timmy-bits (it's a Canadian thing). And she hated it when her Daddyman was out in the yard doing something without her...oh, the racket she would make. She always did a funny roo when we mentioned the word "Walk" and she also loved riding in the van and going to the cottage, oh the bunnies...she loved the bunnys. She also had fun at the beach in Dewey 2008 and 2009 and Grapehounds in 2009.

In late 2008, we adopted one of her sons, Roodie (Rut Roh) an while we often teased Roodie about being a 35 year old guy still living with his Momma, he loved her more than anything. He's a bit lost at the moment, still looking for her...

It's just heartbreaking to know she's really gone.

http://www.flickr.co...57624086569792/

Edited by larock

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Smiley

Lynn and David, I am so very, very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. Your tribute was lovely and shows what a beautiful spirit she was. Wrapping you all in gentle hugs. Run free sweet Frightening, beautiful girl.

I am very sorry for your the loss of your sweet girl. She was beautiful.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've always loved her beautiful face in your siggie. I wish you & Roodie peace & comfort. Godspeed Frightning! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest PeanutsPop

Lynn, so sorry to read the news. My heart goes out to you, David and Roodie. This is just a horrible thing that happens to these kids. Rest assured, my Peanut & Smiley are up there and will welcome her with cold nose kisses and a good run! Goodbye Frightning, you are loved!!!

I'm so sorry, Lynn. :( Run free sweet girl!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 Your precious girl had to leave much too soon.

Godspeed Frightning.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. She was too young. :(

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Oh, Lynn :ohno:cry1 :cry1 :cry1

I am so, so sorry! :( :( :grouphug :grouphug grouphug :grouphug

rest in peace, sweetie... :gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Lynn, I'm very sorry that your girl is gone. Hugs to you.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your special girl.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross