Brandy Is At The E-Vet Tonight

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She is gone.

Before we left she couldn't even get up anymore. Her last attempt at walking ended with her falling over. She couldn't eat or drink. She was completely immobile. She didn't know where she was and she didn't know who I was. We had to use a makeshift comforter-stretcher to carry her into the car. She had no reaction to anything.

The vet (my usual vet, who saw her 2 days ago when she was fine, and knows her well) said she'd suffered a 'massive, massive stroke.' She was so utterly shocked at her state.

She said it looked like irreversible, severe damage had been dealt and administering steroids or other medicine would most likely just prolong her confused state.

She was just completely unaware of everyhing. Completely gone. Looking right through you like she couldn't see or hear anything.

I held onto her until I heard her heart stop beating.

I feel completely crushed.

Edited by starhound

Oh, my god.. I am so, so sorry. Please know that we are here to support you. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't believe it. :cry1

Brandy -- Run free, sweetie, you were a very lucky pup to have such a loving home. :gh_run2:heart

Edit: I just watched your video of her - she was unbelievably adorable. :cry1

:grouphug

Edited by o_rooly

Oh my. I can't believe this. I am so sorry for your loss.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

weep.gif Oh NO! I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say.weep.gif If there is ANYTHING I can do just let me know.grouphug.gif One thing I know is that although your mind can't understand it-your heart will KNOW- that she will be with you always. You are in my prayers. My deepest most heartfelt sympathy.

For love is as strong as death....

Many waters cannot quench love,

Nor can the floods drown it.

Song of Solomon 8:6-4

flowers_red.gifghrun.gifflowers_red.gif

heart.gifDearest Brandy, Run free, fast, healthy and happy. You will be loved always.

Guest greytbookert

I'm so very sorry! The same thing happened with our Sahra. It was heart wrenching to see. Many hugs to you. Try to take care of yourself, it is easy to become consumed in grief.

Thank you for all of the kind words.. I'll make a post of Brandy pictures when I have the energy.

Though I'm crying my eyes out it still hasn't hit me that she's gone. She was always, always by my side.. I feel like part of me has been suddenly surgically removed.

Guest Energy11

Sooooo sorry to hear about your Brandy!

Must have been a massive bleed stroke. You did ALL you could for her, and you were there for her, to help end her pain.

Sending lots of prayers your way! God Speed your Brandy!

Love, Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari.

My Bob, Energy, Dasher and Max, waiting at The Bridge. flowers_pink.gifrungrey.gif

I am so very very sorry. What a devastating loss of an extraordinarily special girl.

Godspeed Brandy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh, no! :weep

Please know that I am crying with you.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Brandy, and I know how devastating it is to hold them in your arms until (or beyond) the last heartbeat.

Brandy was so lucky to have you in her life, and she couldn't have been more loved.

:grouphug:f_pink

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest Stargirl

How sad, I caught this thread before you had your appointment and came back later to find some good news. I am so sorry she is gone. I can see she meant so much to you. You obviously gave her a great life, saving her from a harsh one when you found her. She made your life richer, cherish her memory always. It is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all. Simple, but so true.

Edited by Stargirl

Guest bigbrindlebunny

We all wanted to hear different news, I'm so sorry.

There are a number of GreyTalk members that are deeply grieving their losses, sharing memories and supporting each other. The hounds that are gone are never forgotten here. Now that you've joined, please come back and tell us more about Brandy when you're able. She looked so happy and loved in that video you posted. She was blessed to have you for a family.

paw.gif

Oh no. My heart goes out to you.

Godspeed, beautiful, beloved girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so very, very, sorry to hear this. Anyone who read your posts knows how much you loved her and what a special girl she was.

Godspeed Brandy, may you run free with the wind at the Bridge. :gh_run

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge