Brandy Is At The E-Vet Tonight

I am so very, very sorry. This sounds so much like what happened when I lost my Morgaine 3 years ago. I was hoping that since you were able to bring her home that your Brandy was being given a miracle. You are tucked very tightly in my thoughts and prayers.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She is gone.

I held onto her until I heard her heart stop beating.

I feel completely crushed.

OH GOD NO!!! :weep

So so sorry for you....... :grouphug

Run painfree sweet Brandy :gh_run

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

My heart is broken for you. I am so, so sorry. There are no words to ease your pain, but I am holding you close in my thoughts and heart. I am just so very sorry.

Guest shadblu

She is gone.

Before we left she couldn't even get up anymore. Her last attempt at walking ended with her falling over. She couldn't eat or drink. She was completely immobile. She didn't know where she was and she didn't know who I was. We had to use a makeshift comforter-stretcher to carry her into the car. She had no reaction to anything.

The vet (my usual vet, who saw her 2 days ago when she was fine, and knows her well) said she'd suffered a 'massive, massive stroke.' She was so utterly shocked at her state.

She said it looked like irreversible, severe damage had been dealt and administering steroids or other medicine would most likely just prolong her confused state.

She was just completely unaware of everyhing. Completely gone. Looking right through you like she couldn't see or hear anything.

She is gone.

Before we left she couldn't even get up anymore. Her last attempt at walking ended with her falling over. She couldn't eat or drink. She was completely immobile. She didn't know where she was and she didn't know who I was. We had to use a makeshift comforter-stretcher to carry her into the car. She had no reaction to anything.

The vet (my usual vet, who saw her 2 days ago when she was fine, and knows her well) said she'd suffered a 'massive, massive stroke.' She was so utterly shocked at her state.

She said it looked like irreversible, severe damage had been dealt and administering steroids or other medicine would most likely just prolong her confused state.

She was just completely unaware of everyhing. Completely gone. Looking right through you like she couldn't see or hear anything.

I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your girl. My heart is breaking for you. Godspeed Brandy, you were very much loved and will always be

remembered.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so very, very sorry. I know how completely devastated you feel because this is how I lost my Andy in 2008. My goes out to you. One thing I am sure of, she knew how much you loved her.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest shadblu

This is my first post and I'm sorry if I messed up the first two. I just felt I had to say something as I have been following your postings and so hoped for a happier ending for you. I'm so sorry and there is nothing anyone can do or say that will make this any easier. I feel your pain as almost the exact thing happened to our very first greyhound, Shadow. Shadow was also a therapy dog, so it was hard for all his friends, too. You know in your heart that she was loved and she loved you back. Hold on to that. It was her time to cross the bridge and she is happy and free from pain. There are so many wonderful others there with her that will NEVER be forgotten. She is now in their paws.

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very sorry for your loss os your beloved Brandy. :bighug

I know how stunned and shocked you are, my BarbieJade, The Queen was as you described, fine when I went to work, fine when I got home, then the episode and she was gone. It is so very heart-wrenching. There are a number of us that this has happened to. This is not written to minimize your grief, GoD knows when I read this I totally fell apart. This is to let you know we have walked your journey and are here to continue your journey by your side. :bighug

Rin with the angels sweet Brandy, you are with some of the very very best. ~

I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to Brandy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest TeddysMom

I am so sorry and heartbroken at your loss. I know she was aware of how much you loved her and it sounds like the feeling was mutual. Prayers for your heart to mend and a candle to guide Brandy on her way to the bridge.

Oh, no... I am so, so sorry. :cry1

The way you describe her, not knowing where she was or who you were? That's how my therapy dog, Renie, was on her last day too. She had a tumour in her spine and the only way to reduce the pain to a tolerable level was ultra heavy doses of painkillers and she was still in pain, only gone. Gone from me. That is when we decided to let her go.

I am crying for you and your sweet Brandy. I am so sorry. I know the pain, all too well. :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Please know that you are not alone and that grief does not have to be rational.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I had so hoped for a different outcome. This was the 1st thing I checked at the end of the day.

I am so sorry for the loss of your very beautiful and special girl.

You are not alone. We are here for you.

God Speed Brandy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest IrskasMom

I just wanted to send you a PM but you are not elligable to receive. I am in Anne Arundel County and if you need someone to talk to please do call my Cell # 410 940 9645 . I am so sorry to hear about Brandy. Please be assured we are here for you and share your Sorrow.

Erika and Morty