Mleg2001, Aka Maria Leger From Gt

robinw

I received the following email now long ago. Lisa (Maximum), Diane (Burpdog) and I agreed that we should post the following:

Some of you on the forum have met Marie Leger and have purchased greyhound

products from her. She made beautiful coats and collars and vended at Hugs the

1st 2 years.

Maria passed away on December 21 of cancer. She fought a long, hard battle over

the past year.

In March of 2009 she had a lung removed and was coming along quite well.

In June she started showing symptoms of and was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

She was admitted to hospital and received treatment. After being home from the

hospital for a little over 3 weeks she was admitted again as her symptons had

returned.

Maria was a wonderful advocate for the greyhound community and she will be

missed by many of us.

Please send some prayers to her son and young grandson.

Rest in Peace Maria

RIP, Maria. We've missed you for a long time. We hope you've been reunited with your loving hounds. flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no. I had hoped she just wasn't on GT anymore.

Rest well, Maria.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

She was a good friend to the greyhounds. Max still wears one of her collars... :( I remember her email when she knew she couldn't take care of her beloved greys any longer, so heartbreaking.

Rest in peace Maria - I know you have had mnay wonderful greys greet you.

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Oh goodness, I had no idea! I was just thinking of her the other day too...wondering if she'd been gone from GT or if I just hadn't noticed her posts as of late....

Rest in peace Maria.

Robin, thank you for posting this.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I had no idea. :( She used to be active on GT and I've missed her. I'm sure she was greeted with tons of roo's and happy hounds at the Bridge. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

:(

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm sorry to read that news :(

Rest well Maria.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest caiteag

Oh my gosh.. I had no idea. I usually only saw her at events, and I haven't been at any local events for over a year.. I honestly didn't think anything of not seeing her, because I wasn't there.. I figured she was... I bought Choo's first martingale from her and sent it to her while she was still racing. She was such a lovely, caring lady...

RIP Maria, you will be truly missed... give all of our beautiful bridge babies a hug for us.

Rest well, Maria.

I bought Atlas' first collar from her and one for Icarus too (to mark Atlas' gotcha day).

Atlas still wears his proudly.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

I feel so sad :cry1 Many of the old timers remember Maria was involved with our Rememberance Fund on GT. She cared, and she understood. From a correspondence we had regarding said fund (from 2004):

Diane, thanks! And thank you for understanding, I know you have lost several dogs and would understand the rollercoaster ride of emotions that can occur and may seem unreasonable to others who have not experienced it (the hurt, pain, loss, guilt, depression, emptiness, the feeling of unfairness, bitterness and anger that can go with the grief, that can vary greatly depending on the circumstances surrounding the death)

I really hope she had people with her this past year who understood and gently helped her move on.

Kiss all the babies for us Maria.....

:f_white

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Maria was a pistol, in the best way. And a nice person. So sorry to hear this.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

I feel so sad cry1.gif Many of the old timers remember Maria was involved with our Rememberance Fund on GT. She cared, and she understood. From a correspondence we had regarding said fund (from 2004):

Diane, thanks! And thank you for understanding, I know you have lost several dogs and would understand the rollercoaster ride of emotions that can occur and may seem unreasonable to others who have not experienced it (the hurt, pain, loss, guilt, depression, emptiness, the feeling of unfairness, bitterness and anger that can go with the grief, that can vary greatly depending on the circumstances surrounding the death)

I really hope she had people with her this past year who understood and gently helped her move on.

Kiss all the babies for us Maria.....

flowers_white.gif

I know her son was with her. He had sent me several emails on her behalf during the latter part of her illness.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.