Sweet Macy

Guest Adrianne

Guest Adrianne

Four weeks ago today, we said good night to our Little Feets, Macy

With everything that's happened with Wilbur, I haven't had much of a chance to reflect on her or give her a proper send-off. I feel very sad about that.

There's so much I could tell you about her: how she spent her first few years spitting out puppies until her final two litters were stillborn and she was deemed unprofitable, how she spent a few weeks of her life in a crate only to get fussed at when she would come and do her business on the carpet of a screened in porch, or how we "rescued" her from that life and made her the queen of our home about six years ago.

She thought she was the boss of the house from day one, and it took some time for her to accept that I am actually the top b***h. She would get mad if I corrected her and she would leave presents for me behind my computer chair or on my side of the bedroom. Funny now. Once she accepted that I was a little bit higher up than she, the presents stopped.

We have a dog door, and she would go outside to do her business no matter what the weather. I can't count the number of times she came in soaking wet because it was pouring down rain. We never had to tell her to go out to do her business; she just did it--rain, sleet, snow--it didn't matter.

I think what I mostly want you to know about her is she LIVED for belly rubs. As we walked through the house, she would run to get in front of our feet and roll over real fast for a belly rub. Too much was never enough for her. My mother-in-law would visit and spend her time sitting on the floor with her grand-dog, Macy, just rubbing her belly. As long as she was getting rubbed, she wouldn't move. Macy (and Wilbur) attended my mother-in-law's funeral.

Macy had a mutual understanding with Wilbur. They were both older dogs and both appreciated their own space while sleeping. They were friends, and Macy would do her best to keep up with him out in the yard.

We put her on a diet a coulple years ago, she shed a few pounds, and she became almost puppy-like again. She felt so good. Last year she chased a chipmunk into the house through the dog door, snatched it up, killed it, dropped it, and pranced through the house proud like nobody's business. (Sad for the chipmunk, but her attitude about it made us laugh. She was PROUD!)

I won't tell you about her final illness or her passing, because it was her life that should be remembered. She was our sweet Macy aka Macy Lou aka Lou-Lou aka Little Feets.

I will post some photos of her.

Thank you for letting me share.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug

I am sorry for the loss of your precious Macy. Would love to see photos of her.

It sounds like Macy had such a wonderful life with you!

I am sure there are some very devoted greyhound loving belly-rubbers at the Bridge waiting to tend to Miss Macy.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest Adrianne

Sweet little Macy.

Asking for a belly rub:

IMG_0076.jpg

Trying to keep up with Wilbur:

IMG_0237.jpg

Hiding out in the bushes:

_MG_8497.jpg

What a cutie:

IMG_6325.jpg

She "loved" our gerbil, Fluffy. (Yeah, she would have loved to have gotten hold of him.)

Macie-and-Fluffy.jpg

Queen of our house:

IMG_3227a.jpg

This was taken the day before she passed. Wilbur never did this, so I think he knew her time was at hand:

IMG_3232.jpg

Thank you again for letting me share.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 She was a lovely little girl.

Godspeed Macy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What a cutie pie!! :heart

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Her pictures brought a smile to my face. I am so sorry for your loss. You have had your plate full,that is for sure.

Hope 2010 is easier for you and your family.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so very sorry for your loss. She sounds like one very special lady. That last picture brought tears to my eyes. She was truly blessed to have found you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so sorry. She was a little doll-baby. That last picture just broke my heart. RIP little Macy.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Such a cutie. I loved the last picture. I am so very sorry for your loss and all the trials that you have been going through. Hugs to you and your family.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

She was so beautiful. I guess brood mamas of all breeds are extra special, aren't they? flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.