Laurie Kraus (gt Member Lauri)

Tracey

Have been searching for news of Lauri, who had been fighting cancer, and sadly learned tonight that she passed away. There's a thread in Off Topic, but I thought more people might find this here.

Godspeed, Lauri. You'll be missed.

Here's a copy of her obit:

LAURIE REGINA KRAUS May 1, 1962 – June 18, 2009 Laurie Regina Kraus passed away on the morning of June 18, 2009 after a twenty-seven month battle with Cancer.

She was born at St. John’s Hospital in Santa Monica and relocated to the Santa Ynez Valley at the young age of 9. Laurie attended Santa Ynez College Elementary School and graduated Santa Ynez Valley High School in 1980. She immediately enrolled in Beauty College and set sail towards a rewarding occupation as a Hair Stylist. It wasn’t just an occupation, it was her passion. She was born to a profession of cutting hair and had the gift of gab that truly only your “hair dresser” would know. Her sense of humor was contagious, so you would not only receive a great hairstyle, you were also treated to stand up comedy with a twist of intelligence.

A long time resident of the Santa Ynez Valley, Laurie was employed at De’ Cut International Salon for over 20 years. She purchased a home in Lompoc and decided to relocate to Head Hunters Salon in Lompoc to be closer to her home and family.

Laurie had built a network of cliental which were not clients, but rather an incredible base of loyal friendships. As for her co-workers, past and present, you were her extended family, which she shared her entire life with. Each and every one of these friendships were extremely important to her and an instrumental source of strength and purpose which helped her in her courageous battle with cancer.

Laurie enjoyed many things besides work. Her favorite would be hiking at La Purisma Mission with husband, Mike Kraus, and their beloved Greyhound Rescue dogs, Myles and Clark. Her favorite vacations were Las Vegas, Laughlin and Yosemite. In her leisure, she would enjoy watching horror movies, making jewelry, listening to rock n roll, and her newfound passion, watching the Lyon Cooking Show.

She is survived by her daughter Jacklyn Celeste Dosa, husband Mike Kraus, mother Pat D’Agostini, and father Larry Demitter.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

I'm so sad to see this. Lauri faced her battle with such grace and determination. My prayers go out to her family.

Godspeed Lauri, I'm sure you are in some wonderful company at the bridge.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I am very sorry to read this. I remember many of Lauri posts and we certainly have missed her here.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

OMG- how tragic. I am so sorry and I too have often thought of her.

RIP friend.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Thanks for posting this, Tracey. I've often thought of Lauri and her family :f_white

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

The most beautiful woman, inside and out.

Godspeed, Lauri.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh, man, I was wondering why she hadn't been on in so long and had a bad feeling about it....

She was a classy lady. Didn't seem to let that cancer slow her down or get her down. That's guts for you.

f_yellow

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

How incredibly sad.

Godspeed Lauri.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Her last post here was about going outside and enjoying the sunshine - two days before she passed. So sad, and so young. Godpseed to her and sympathies to her family.

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

I met Lauri years ago, we rode together to go to a greyhound placement rep meeting. There was a wildfire burning that day, but it didn't seem too bad when we met up. It progressed during the course of the meeting. By the time Lauri and I left and started the drive home, they were shutting down freeways - I think it took us 4 hours to make it back, it was crazy. We always laughed about it after, and we NEVER rode together again. :lol I helped Lauri adopt Clark when she was ready for a new dog after losing her beloved Miles; that was the last time I talked with her. She was a wonderful person with a big heart and a big smile. She will be greatly missed by many. :(

GTSig.jpg

Shannon, mom to Shae, Jesse James and Linus the Chinese Cresteds,and bridge angels Sydney Sue and Stewart.

I'm very sorry to hear of her passing. :cry1 I'm sure she was joyfully greeted at the Bridge by her beloved Miles. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh wow. :cry1 I had checked a few months ago to see if she had posted, but she hadn't so I just thought she was going through a rough time with her treatment.

RIP Lauri. f_yellow She will be missed here on GT.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound