Asia 3/23/2000 – 8/22/2009

Madeara

Asia 3/23/2000 – 8/22/2009

I let her go Saturday morning, I did not want her to suffer and she was at the beginning stage of it, she did not want to get up and she did not look forward to her chicken, I had to coax her to eat. I could see that she was going to get worse quickly and I just could not let happen to her. Bob had to house sit that weekend but we still did it together. I feel I did the best for her because she deserved that. I took the pain away with the amputation but could not take away the pain that was starting. Her back legs were hurting her, she was terminal, the coughing and her respiration was increasing. She was thrilled to go for the ride which broke my heart. She went to sleep in the back of the Rover with Dr Mark, Bob and me holding her and kissing her beautiful face.

She did have a private cremation. I am at peace with it; just bringing her was the worse thing in the world.. pure hell on your emotions.

She was my 1st girl and such a pretty one. If she did something that made me happy she continued to do it. She was a spooky girl when I first got her but after a few years she became a very stable hound. Darius mentored her and she mentored Nova.

I love my hounds they have and will continue to make my life whole.

I love you and miss you my Asia girl but I know you are with Darius.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very sorry. She was a fighter... and such a beautiful girl. Her memories will last a lifetime.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was too young to leave you but she was well loved. Godspeed Asia! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

:f_red I am so very sorry. There must have been a very important job waiting for her.

God speed pretty girl, you fought a fight with so much dignity and grace, and you leave behind a legacy of love.

Run with all the Angels, pain free. And please continue to watch over those who love you.

:gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

She was thrilled to go for the ride which broke my heart.

{{{{{{{{{{Audrey & Bob}}}}}}}}}}

You did right by her, more than right.

Godspeed, most precious girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.

Run pain free, sweet Asia.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest GriffinsMom

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. I hope your memories of your sweet Asia will bring you comfort. Godspeed to the Bridge Asia.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Audrey and Bob, I am so sorry to read this.

Take comfort in know that your sweet Asia is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind. We all share your sorrow.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Run fast and free, sweetie!

All the logic in the world that I'm doing the right, proper, and best thing for my kitties has never been able to alleviate my feeling during that last ride to the vet that I'm driving a tumbril in the French Revolution.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Asia. May your sweet memories bring you comfort.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Audrey, I am so sorry. I had the pleasure of meeting sweet Asia last year at Grapehounds and she definately was a real sweetheart. and the love you shared was beyond measure. Good bye sweet Asia.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry. :cry1 She was much to young to say goodbye.

Godspeed Asia.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)