Saying Goodbye To Misty

Claudia my dear friend, I cannot even begin to tell you how much I hurt for you :weep . I wish there was something I could do to change the way things are going. I am praying for a miracle :hope , but whatever happens, as I have told you, you will not be alone. I may be many miles away but I will be with you by your side :grouphug.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry that you are facing this decision. Misty is well loved and such a special girl. All my thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Oh, Claudia, I'm so sorry that you and Misty are facing this most difficult decision. There is much shock and sadness on GT just seeing this thread because I dont think there is one of us whose heart your beautiful girl has not touched. In our prayers, we've joined your fight, and hoped that that power could work miracles. You know her best, and love her unconditionally, so any decision you make will be made from the deepest love.

We will be holding you both so close in our thoughts and prayers.

Addison's is such an insidous disease. I lost my precious angel Nick to an Addisonion crisis before we even knew he was so very sick. My heart is breaking for you.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh GOD Claudia, not what I expected to hear... ever. I just felt that with your love and dedication, she would prevail. I am so very sorry.

Very inadequate words, I know. I am here for you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest KyGrey

Claudia, I've been on the run today and have just seen this. Spend time with your precious girl today. Give her a hug from her Auntie Patti in Kentucky. This has been said before and I will repeat it. Some of them we just have a special bond with and they're not even ours. Misty is one of those hounds that has just grabbed onto my heart and has held on. She has been through a lot and only you know what's best for her. Just know that your friends are here anytime day or night. I am so, so sorry to be reading this. I was hoping for a better outcome but like has been said, it is what it is. Life is so not fair but you don't have to go through it alone.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

No, no, no, no, no! I have been dreading this post. I suspected it, but still pray non-stop for your beautiful girl. I know that you have done absolutely everything possible to keep this day at bay and I am still hoping, selfishly, that you and she will get a reprieve. It's just not fair! My mind says, better a day too early than an hour too late, but my heart is screaming "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!". Your battle with this disease has touched my heart and I pray that if it must be so, that she will be guided by angels to be reunited with so many friends who have gone before her. I wish you peace. :brokenheart

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh, no.

I am so sorry to read this sad news.

Sending prayers to you and beautiful Misty.

:hope :hope :hope

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Oh my, Claudia, I am so sorry to see this. She is such a lovely girl, I am just so sorry.

Linda

Spring-siggy-with-Hana.jpg
Angel Gary (Hallo Smoke'em 2000-2013), Angel Molly (Kiowa Mysticrule 1999-2011) Linda, Hana, Sultan

Guest EmilyAnne

I am so sorry. :cry1

The last time I had to let a beloved furbaby pass on, I thought of it as giving the ultimate healing. As my furbaby passed from this world, a sigh of relief went through him as he left his painful body, thus healing him of all pain/sickness. :gh_run

I know it hurts. :brokenheart We are here for you. :grouphug

Guest KRKWMU

Oh no, Claudia! :cry1 I am so sorry. Both you and Misty put up a strong fight against this nasty disease. You did a wonderful job with her, and we all know it wasn't easy for you either. We will be hoping for a miracle. :hope Please give Misty a hug and kiss from us. I will let Bonnie know to watch out for her at the bridge. :weep

Man, this is tough. :grouphug

Guest houndlover

Oh Claudia...I am so sorry. I can't even see the screen through my tears right now. I know how much you have been through with Misty and how much you love her. My heart is breaking for you. :weep

I will be thinking of you both tomorrow. :grouphug

I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest greytful4
Please, keep my little girl in your thoughts tomorrow, unless some miracle happens, I will be letting her go.

As many of you know, Misty has been battling Cushings disease. In the process of treating the disease, we pushed her into an Addisonian crisis and have been dealing with trying to pull her out for the past 2 weeks.

She just wasn't bouncing back and also stopped eating. With the help of some people here who I will be eternally grateful to, I was given suggestions on foods to try. Finally did get her to eat the last few days but not enough to sustain her weight.

The internist suspects liver damage and it's obvious that her liver is inflammed.

This morning I brought her in and they drew blood and urine to confirm liver damage, and judging by the way she's feeling I am expecting the worst and I just can't let it go on for another day. It's not fair to her, she's been through quite enough.

So please, if you would, keep us in your thoughts.

Thank you,

Claudia and Misty

Oh I'm so terribly sorry, I know what you're going through.Gentle hugs to your beautiful and brave girl.... :gh_child

Oh Claudia.... I'm so sorry. I was so hoping.....

I have such a crush on your girl and it hurts in my heart that she has to move on. Sometimes we try everything and it's not fair that it's still not enough.

I hope there is some comfort in knowing she couldn't have had a better home and a better Mom to take care of her than you and yours. I was doing OK reading all the comments until I got to Holly's:

Beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest... and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my life was always safest in your hands.

I'll still pray for a miracle, but I know that all our beloved Bridge Angels will be waiting to welcome Misty home.

chris

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly