Monty Has A Weird Lump: Chemo Started Post 384

Guest greytmonty

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart and prayers are with you. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greytmonty

Brief update here: we saw the oncologist and were very pleased with her care and her approach. She found Monty's diagnosis a bit of puzzle. It is not a typical lymphoma presentation. Typically a skin tumour would be a cutaneous t-cell lymphoma which has a poor prognosis, but she said the biopsy report does not support a CTCL. She therefore is having the tumour tissue sent from the path lab to a specialty lab to evaluate further; the differential is B versus T cell. The difference is both in the treatment plan and the prognosis, and she hoping for B cell.

Monty's exam was very good, he has a little infection at his incision site but his lungs are clear and his abdomen U/S was clear except for two lymph nodes which she feels are enlarged because of the infection as they were on the same side as the incision.

She therefore feels the cancer is limited now to where the tumour was and or at most two lymph nodes are involved.

She did not do bone marrow testing as this is invasive and she felt unnecessary at present.

Monty started his chemo today and will be followed by both the oncologist there and by our local vet, which will save us travel time and possibly money.

She also said SHE IS HAPPY to get the chemo meds from OSU and is calling them tomorrow to do so.

Monty is eating a pumkin muffin and happy to be home.

We are MUCH MORE poorer but happy if this means he can be with us and be well for more time.

Thank you all of you for your prayers and loving support.

Guest taylorsmom

That all sounds like very good care, Karen--we will keep up prayers and chanting for "B cell not T cell, B cell not T cell"...repeat indefinitely!!

Glad to hear that Monty is enjoying his punkin baked goods--keep up the spoiling!!

This is good news. Thannks for the update. Sounds like Monty is being really well taken care of :)

Sending lots more good thoughts your way! And :kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2 to your beautiful boy.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sounds like a good report and he is being well taken care of. May Monty enjoy many more pumpkin muffins and have the best possible results from the tests.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

That sounds like a great vet visit. I was as saddened to hear Monty's diagnosis as everyone else, but it sounds like his treatment plan is coming together. I hope everything goes smoothly & that he is with you for a long, long time to come.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

pleased to read your latest update.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest Greensleeves

Oh, golly. Hugs to you guys. I know too well how completely upside-down stuff like this makes you feel--and how stunningly fast it seems your whole life changes. The enormity of all this huge new medical information--and all the stuff you have to do--can be so overwhelming.

I've been thinking about you guys every day, and come here just to check on you. My allergy boy is pulling for yours!

Edited by Greensleeves

Greyt update. How many chemo treatments does he need and which protocol is he getting?

Glad to hear he was eating after the chemo - good sign.

Hugs to the both of you.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

So glad to see that he's started his chemo--now to get better!!!! Just a thought--why don't you have the lab sent a part of the biopsy (the lab could make a slide for you) to Dr Couto. He's read a slide for me in the past and I'm sure he would offer to do so again for you. Hugs to your boy :rolleyes:

Sounds like Monty is in great hands with your oncologist. Thanks for keeping us updated. I think of Monty often.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)