Monty Has A Weird Lump: Chemo Started Post 384

Guest greytmonty

Guest greytmonty

Dh noticed that Monty has a lump on his side about 2" in diameter, round, and somewhat soft to the touch. It is on a muscle and it is located on his flank above his hind leg. I am hoping this is some kind of lipoma. We will go back to the vet and have it looked at. Does anyone have any guesses?

oy vey.

We were just at the vet Saturday. Monty got injured at playgroup and needed 5 stitches on his front leg.

Monty Monty Monty.

Edited by greytmonty

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monty Monty Monty~ 5 stitches and that was while having fun!!!

I have no idea what the lump is but I'm sure it's nothing and hope it goes away in it's own. Finder's crossed.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Hollys2hounds

Karen,

Ugh! :dunno My lab, Dakota had a fatty tumor that was absolutely nothing. She had it for years!!! They did all kinds of tests to be sure, and it was nothing.

It started out looking like a very small lump, and then it ended up looking like a very little water ballon under her skin.

Oh Monty, you do like to make sure the vet is very well taken care of ... even in this economy... don't you?

Karen, I am sure it is nothing, could it be a swollen area just from rough housing the other day? bug bite? Is it sensitive or bothersome to him?

Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys!!!

Please kiss my "boyfriend" for me!

xxxooo

Holly and gang

Edited by Hollys2hounds

Sending prayers that this is just a little "nothing" :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I've had two dogs, non-greys, with lipomas. They usually don't take them out as they may grow back. Sheila has had one for years, it gets smaller, then back to the size it was when I noticed it, then smaller again. They did a needle aspiration to determine what it was. It will stay put unless it starts to limit her mobility - it's on the side of her rib cage, close to her front elbow.

My fingers are crossed for it being a mere swollen bruise from playing or, second best news - a lipoma.

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest jettcricket

Maybe he just got banged and he's a bit bruised and swollen. That happened to Jett once....it went away after a few days. It felt like a lipoma...soft and jelly like.

Guest greytloves

Could be just a soft tissue injury. My foster has that from running and using muscles she never used before. Apparently, it is pretty common in racers (according to the new wonderful book for racing). Basically its just a swollen spot, like a pulled muscle or a bump/bruise. They may not show any pain at all with them.

So, maybe a lipoma or just a soft tissue injury? Those would be my guesses!

Praying it's just a bump but please have it xrayed immediately.

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!

Me, too! Me, too! Good thoughts for Monty!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I am sorry I have no experience but I am sorry he had to get stitches and we will be praying about the lump... :grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Dh noticed that Monty has a lump on his side about 2" in diameter, round, and somewhat soft to the touch. It is on a muscle and it is located on his flank above his hind leg. I am hoping this is some kind of lipoma. We will go back to the vet and have it looked at. Does anyone have any guesses?

oy vey.

We were just at the vet Saturday. Monty got injured at playgroup and needed 5 stitches on his front leg.

Monty Monty Monty.

Popo has a simlar lump. Same size, but his is just above his abdomen, just in front of a hindn leg. They aspirated it and stained it and said it was just fatty. I hope they are right and Monty's lump is harmless, too.

Guest greytmonty
Is it red? Did it appear overnight? If so, it could also be a histiocytoma. They're almost always benign and will go away in a couple months on it's own.

It is not a histio. Monty had a big one last year that grew and needed to be removed. This one is under his skin, moves around a bit, and feels soft.

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Karen, I am so sorry. I think Monty loves his vet. Stepper has had a couple of fatty type thingies there for years, vets have told me nothing to worry about. Hoping the same for Monty.

:bighug to you and please give Monty kisses from his Aunt Pat :kiss2 .

Guest vahoundlover

Monty please quit scaring your mom! Buster had quite a few fatty tumors removed over the course of his life, they never came back. Sending lots of good thoughts it's nothing :goodluck

Guest Greensleeves

That sounds freakishly like *my* allergy boy's lipoma! It's been just above his 'hip' for the last couple of years. Occasionally the skin turns a little pinkish (usually if he's looking pink elsewhere, like ears and belly), and *very* rarely he'll nibble at it, since it's right there where he's licking anyway. :rolleyes: But it's not bothering anybody, and so there it will stay until it does.

(Ok, admission time: personally, I think they're hideous--but I know they're rarely serious so I try to mask my revulsion and pretend I don't care that my beautiful babies have giant squishy lumps under their skin. :lol Ladygirl has a really ghastly cyst on her side that's the size of a jacks ball and has turned pink and black. :sick Blech. But it doesn't bother the vets, and it doesn't bother LG, so we just ignore it. I'm just really thankful it's not on me. :lol)

Guest tennesseegrey

Caesar has had the same fatty lump on his chest for 3 years. It was just biopsied in the Spring and was clearly a fatty cyst. It's probably nothing to worry about.

Guest greytmonty

We are feeling worried. The lump has more than doubled in size in one week. monty is going to the vet Saturday to have his stitches removed and to have the lump examined. I took a pic with my phone which is fuzzy but which shows the size.

IMG_0021-1.jpg