Any Experience With Cushings?

Guest Dillymom
How's our girl doing today? She's been on my mind.

Misty didn't want to eat this morning, very unusual for a Cushing's dog. I'm still waiting for the vet's call and getting more and more irritated as time marches on.Despite not wanting to eat, she sure chowed down some marshmellows :lol

Hey mooshies count as eating :D

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't mooshies one of the major food groups?

Seriously, I hope you're able to get her to eat.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Misty didn't want to eat this morning, very unusual for a Cushing's dog. I'm still waiting for the vet's call and getting more and more irritated as time marches on.Despite not wanting to eat, she sure chowed down some marshmellows :lol

What a little pill she is! Just like a little kid (or me!) desert first!

I hope she starts eating her regular food, did she turn down the nutritional yeast, too? You must be pulling your hair out waiting to hear from the vet. ARGHHHH!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I hope she starts eating her regular food, did she turn down the nutritional yeast, too? You must be pulling your hair out waiting to hear from the vet. ARGHHHH!

A little pill for sure, but she's very spoiled and that's my fault :lol She licked all the NY off and then decided she was done. I'm going grey very quickly :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Dillymom

A little pill for sure, but she's very spoiled and that's my fault :lol She licked all the NY off and then decided she was done. I'm going grey very quickly :lol

It's not grey it's blue ;)

Just got off the phone with Misty's vet. The results just came in. Misty's levels are right where they should be, so the plan now is to put her on a maintenance dose but not start until Monday.The vet said this is a first. She will now get a 500mg dose and a 1/2 of Pred, then another 1/2 of pred the next morning. Then nothing until the following Monday and every Monday thereafter. I still need to watch her in the event that she crashes and another stimulation test will be done in 4 weeks. I asked him about using the compound pharmacy and after speaking with Dr Ettinger(sp) who is a pretty well known internist(here in Ca) and another from UC Davis, they do not recommend using a compound pharmacy for Lysodren for safety purposes. If it were another drug, it would be different. Misty just ate a good meal thanks to the NY, now she's waiting for marshmellows :lol ****Also, please keep Soul in your prayers****

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Sounds like a good plan. :) Mondays make a lot of sense...if something happens, at least you'd have access to the vet's office for the week.

Is she eating better? Only marshmallows and no pumpkin treats?!? :huh Let me know if I can whip up something different for her to try. :chow I'll bake all of the treats that Misty is willing to eat! :lol

Sounds like a good plan. :) Mondays make a lot of sense...if something happens, at least you'd have access to the vet's office for the week.

Is she eating better? Only marshmallows and no pumpkin treats?!? :huh Let me know if I can whip up something different for her to try. :chow I'll bake all of the treats that Misty is willing to eat! :lol

Wow kristin, you must be sending telepathic messages :lol She just ate 2 of your treats. Misty may refuse food at times but she has never refused your treats, and that's the truth! She is way too spoiled this girl

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Claudia! I am so very sorry, I have no idea how I ever missed this thread, :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug:kiss2 to you and Misty! You are both in my thoughts and prayers. I just read through the thread and I am very happy to hear that she ate today. Please know you will both be in my thoughts and prayers and I am sending white light too. :candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Good girl Misty. And that's the way to work it sweetie - mooshies and fabulous pumpkin cookie treats!!!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Very good news. Prayers for Misty and all of our extended family who is in trouble right now. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

How's the sweet girl doing?

Thank you for asking about Misty, especially when you're in the middle of trying to care for the handsome Soul Man. Things are pretty status quo here until we re-start the Lysodren on Monday, then it'll be scary

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Sending lots of good thoughts for Misty, Claudia... I haven't had a chance to read a lot of GT posts lately, but I have been keeping your sweet girl in my thoughts. I'll keep my fingers extra firmly crossed on Monday...

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck:hope

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.