Any Experience With Cushings?

Guest greydogluvr

Claudia,

I can feel your anxiety. It is almost inevitable to be overly watchful. New territory is so scary. Hang in there and know you have many people thinking of Misty and of you in this crazy time. It sounds like things are on the upswing. Big hugs to you both. Please keep us updated.

Lora

Edited by greydogluvr

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We already have a bump in the road. I gave Misty her first round of meds at 6 this am. She has already slowed down a bit on her drinking. Not a lot, but a little. I'm calling the vet to report in and just watch to see what the rest of the day brings because I can't believe one dose has affected her already. Hopefully I'm not getting alarmed for no reason.

Actually, a reduction in the water intake is what you want. You aim for normal intake. These dogs are obscessed with drinking and eating. The reduction is a good thing....... :colgate

I do understand about the water intake, but obviously it wouldn't happen the first day. And after my vet put the fear of God into me about the possibility Misty could crash, every little change he's hearing about. He did say that the Prednisone would help eliminate a crash.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

You are both in my thoughts & prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending many prayers and white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh Claudia. I'm praying so hard for Misty.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest Greensleeves

:hope :hope :hope Paws crossed that she'll be ok!!

I have no idea how I'm going to measure her water intake with other dogs in the house so all I can do is do my best.

We needed to account for Nelly's water intake, too, with 9 other dogs in the house. We counted her licks each time she went to the water dish. First, I measured out a set amount of water (probably 2 cups) into a water bowl, and counted how many times she licked while drinking. Then I measured what remained. We did this a few times to be sure she was fairly consistent, with how much she got up with each lick. It ended up being something like one tenth of an ounce... so we knew if she had a 25-lick drink, she was getting about 2.5 ounces of water.

Our vet calculated the amount of water Nelly needed every day, based on her weight. For her, it was something like 1.6 to 2.0 liters (because of the kidney disease, she needed a little more than normal). We just did a quick liters-to-ounces conversion online, but if you have devices that measure liters, you're good to go. See if your vet will tell you how much she *should* be drinking.

We also realized (well, we sort of knew already) that we could always tell *who* was drinking, based on the sound of the licks. :lol Nelly's were very distinctive, so we could count even if we weren't in the same room.

Good luck!

Guest p51crazyhorse

OH NO!!!! My sweet girl!!! Please Misty pull thru! your Texas momma is praying for you VERY HARD, I dont know what to say, It is too sudden....... Claudia, I am praying for you too, I cannot imagine. If you need someone to talk to I have free long distance, just PM me.... anytime....

Holly

Claudia, I just saw this!! You and Misty are very much in my thoughts right now. Please, please keep us posted and know that we're all rooting for Misty :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Checking in with more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Claudia, we're sending lots of prayers for Misty. Come on baby girl!

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Thank you everyone for caring! We're home and Misty is stabilized for now. She was in crisis and crashing. This morning late, she started staggering and losing her balance and was also not drinking. I called the vet and he told me she was in a crisis and to get her there. They stabilized her with several injections of Dexamethasone, both IM and SubQ. There were sevral other injections but right now I just can't think straight to remember it all. I have to stop the Lysodren and continue the Prednisone. Her blood pressure really dropped as well. I have to watch her closely and may have to bring her in for fluids unless she starts to drink. Obviously a new plan will have to be talked about on Monday. Yesterday's drop in water intake was a sign, only one day of meds or not. Again, thank you everyone!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Claudia ? I'm so hoping that Misty is stabilized and you're on your way home!!!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Sending extra prayers my friends.......... and lots of hugs.

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .