Polli Is Home

RobinM

Guest paulamariez

Oh Polli, you beautiful, gorgeous hound! I am sending you tons of prayers, love and healing white light so that you get better quickly! Your progress has brought tears to my eyes today. You are such a brave, strong girl! Keep up the good work sweet one. Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending you lots of healing doggie kisses as well!! I will pray that all of the pain stays away!!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like she's starting to feel better - such good news!!

What is her chemo schedule?

Chemo schedule:

1st dose was last Friday- the day after amputaion.

2nd, 3, 4, & hopefully 5th if she is tolerating it OK 3 weeks intervels.

***I just got "the" call, it is Osteosarcoma as suspected.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest HersheysMom
Just got another call from DH- apparently Polli doesn't want to be an invalid anymore. Those are his words. He got off of the mattress we are keeping on the floor and climbed into one of the dog beds on the floor. She also demanded to go out.... NOT BACK. She wants to go out front where the real walks happen with her pack. He took her on the front and side lawn so she could pee.

Mucho Tears of joy.

So happy to read this!! :colgate

Guest mom2maddiebug

Oh Robin... so glad to see Polli is happy to pee again. What a good little girl! You know... I think it's because you left the house that she's doing it. She's making a liar out of you. ha.... Glad she ate some dinner too. Good Girl Polli!!! You have to keep it up so you can start going out the front on walks again. Sorry to hear it was osteo... my sister will be going through this in a few months over fibrosarcoma... I'm nervous for her.

Yeah Polli!! Yeah Mommy and Daddy! Yeah EVERYbody!!!!!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

What a little firecracker.

She ate 3-4 zukes with peanut butter at 9AM.

Then at 1:30 PM with DH she had 1 cup of kibble and 1/2 boiled chicken breast. She also had about 7 dried chicken tenders.

At 8:30 PM I tried giving her 1/2 cup of kibble with wet food. She wound up eating a full cup and a full can.

today's total= 2 cups, 1 full can and 1/2 chicken breast with about 15 dried chicken tenders. OMG!

Then.... she went out front and peed and pooped.

It doesn't get too much better than this!

On a different note, she was up and down so many times today, trying out different beds, I have a feeling she will be in pain later. We have been keeping her pain meds on a regular basis.

feel better polli. u and ember are going to have a party next year and we will include darcy!

I saw your post on COG. I am so sorry. But yes, yes, yes, Polli, Ember, Darcy, Winslow and all our other GT friends and MORE will join us for a birthday / post amp bash.

Count on it!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest houndlover

I am so glad to hear that Polli is feeling better. It sounds like she is trying to get back into the groove of things with her pack. What a sweet girl. I am so sorry to hear that it is osteo. My heart breaks everytime I hear about another pup that has it.

You and your DH are doing a wonderful job with Polli. I can imagine that you are exhausted, frustrated and just about every other emotion that you can think of. You are in my thoughts. Give Miss Polli lots of hugs. :grouphug

Guest chubbster
i heard about the nerontin. I wasn't disimissing that or anything else for that matter. I want her comfortable no matter what type of pain she has.

Have I said this yet?

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS.

Hi Robin,

I am just catching up on these posts.

Phoenix had a similar screaming episode about a week after his surgery....I can still hear it...it was just awful...he just couldn't settle down. It was especially upsetting because up until that point (almost a month since we had adopted him) he had not made a sound. This ended up into a trip to UPenn at 2:00 am. He finally settled down about 1/2 hour after we were there. It was about 12hrs after we gave him the last prescribed dose of pain meds (can't remember which one). They prescribed an additional 3 days.

Phoenix's recovery and adaptation was a little different than your sweet Polli...he had not been using the leg for months and he had already "adapted" to 3 legs...and it was a rear leg as opposed to the front.

We bought lots of carpet runners and mats to create a Phoenix Highway-mapping out his favorite routes. Target has some pretty cool treads for the outdoor stairs (looks like stone) leading to the back yard, although he just sails over the stairs altogether now. We do have a mat outside at the bottom of the steps as well as inside right at the door.

Keeping you and Polli in our thoughts.

Judy, Chubbs, and Phoenix

Now that she is feeling a little bit better, she won't sit still and I guess she is having a hard time finding a spot to feel comfortable in.

for the last 2 hours she has gone from bed to bed to the mattress on the floor to bed to bed and she won't sit down for more than 5 minutes. She is panting. At first i thought maybe she had to go out but she doesn't want to and all of a sudden, she refuses to go out back (we carry her down but she tripped on the steps coming in so the backyard is evil now)

So it's almost 1:30 AM and I haven't slept in several days now. I'd like to but she won't settle down. I don't want to frug her with valium. She is not due for any pain meds.

i'm tired. and now she is up again. i can not go to sleep and have her wander around. She could get hurt.

Guest greytmonty
Now that she is feeling a little bit better, she won't sit still and I guess she is having a hard time finding a spot to feel comfortable in.

for the last 2 hours she has gone from bed to bed to the mattress on the floor to bed to bed and she won't sit down for more than 5 minutes. She is panting. At first i thought maybe she had to go out but she doesn't want to and all of a sudden, she refuses to go out back (we carry her down but she tripped on the steps coming in so the backyard is evil now)

So it's almost 1:30 AM and I haven't slept in several days now. I'd like to but she won't settle down. I don't want to frug her with valium. She is not due for any pain meds.

i'm tired. and now she is up again. i can not go to sleep and have her wander around. She could get hurt.

I am so sorry she is in so much pain and you must be wiped.

I too am up in the middle of the night but my houndy just has the big D. You are in my thoughts.

I don't know if I should give her a valium so she (And I) can relax? I feel guilty doing that and I don't want to make it that she gets used to having valium. I gave her one last night at 1 AM,

I think it'd be alright to give her a Valium. Both of you need rest. :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

feel better polli. u and ember are going to have a party next year and we will include darcy!

:D

Only a few days after surgery, when Darcy was all unsettled (but depressed), the vet told me to take her out for a walk. I thought he was plain nuts (and I think I may have said something along these lines to him :blush:lol ) but we did follow his advice and took her in the car and let her have a very short, very controlled walk - and she felt better for it. I wonder whether your vet would allow the same for Polli?

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Both of mine were restless at nighttime too and it seems common for amputees on Circle of Grey. An intolerance for the opiate pain meds contributed to Morgan's. I attributed some of Alex's to a UTI. You mentioned her possibly getting hurt by wandering. I use a baby gate to gate them into the bedroom with me so they can't wander too far. You still don't sleep through it though.

Day 6- I am keeping a journel so I can see the baby steps-

It was a rough night. No crying, thank GOD but she would just stand on the mattress where I was and pant and the whole bed (king) was shaking so badly. She would wander from bed to bed. I felt she had to go out but the new thing is that she will not go out without one of her pack. Chloe, obliged and went out about 2am and Polli followed on leash of course. She peed and pooped (2nd time that day which I was thrilled about) and drank some water so I thought maybe she had to go all this time. I had offered her the leash but she will not go out unless someone (not us) goes with her.

Bev- I am taking her for short walks, in the front yard, side yard but in the middle of the night she won't do anything but stand there panting. I don't think she is hot based on her outside body temp.

I even gave her the valium at 2 am and it didn't relieve the panting.

So, NOW she is resting comfortablly. She did eat this morning (she NEVER eats in the AM, but the valium does make her have the munchies!) so I will try to catch an hour or 2 of sleep before Dh gets home and i have to go to work. I only got an hour, at best last night.

My poor baby was uncomfortable.

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Came to check in on Polli today. I would really think about cutting off the pain meds. I know how tempting it is to keep doing them when you think she is in pain and panting is usually a sign of pain but not always. You're right, it is like having a new born baby. But starting back at the beginning of this thread she has already made strides and she IS on her way now, that is exciting. Continue to come here and "ramble" as much as you want, this is a good thing :) Continued prayers for you and Polli.

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

More good thoughts for Polli. I'm so sorry to hear she has been having some rough nights. I'll say some prayers that the road to her recovery will smooth out soon.

:grouphug