Polli Is Home

RobinM

She is whimpering and other than when she fractured her leg Wednesday, I have never heard this. I called the vet already and she was able to hear it. She said it sounds more like agitation. Not only does she have this whole adjustment, she is not in her usual place which is upstairs, not down here.

So, I am just sitting her with her. stroking her, telling her how much so many people love her. She in return is panting and crying. :(

room set up for Polli in our den.

DSC_0423.jpg

DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

DSC_0426.jpg

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She'll calm down in time. That's quite an impressive "recovery room" you have set up. I wish my bedroom looked so lovely! :lol

Feel better soon, pretty Polli. :goodluck

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

She's such a pretty girl. It's lovely for you all that Polli's finally home.........

She's been through such a lot lately so I imagine she will take a while to settle. With familiar smells and her pack around her will feel happier soon I'm sure.

That's an ideal set up in your den for her we did the same for our Tess. I slept with her on a mattress downstairs for 3 months whilst administering medicines.

{{{Big hugs Polli}}}

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

She looks great and I'm sure she'll settle in quickly. I'll bet by this evening she'll be calm and relaxed again. Welcome Home Polli!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm glad she's home. HOpefully she'll settle down soon.

:grouphug:grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Keep track of when she seems most agitated and when you give her the pain meds. Opiate pain meds cause Morgan to pant and pace. We discovered this after his amputation. We thought he was in pain and kept changing/increasing his pain meds. After days of this, I started mentally tracking when his worse times were and it was when the medication in his system was at a high. We took him off all his pain meds and he calmed down within 12 hours.

We did not sleep downstairs for our boys. We carried them upstairs at night and down in the morning. A baby gate at the stairs prevented authorized excursions. She may be more comfortable if her routine is followed. Ours were not allowed to do stairs until the stitches came out.

Oh sweet Polli...everything will get better with each passing day. :grouphug Hang in there little lady.

I am thinking maybe her medication is making her "unsettled" Kiss Miss Polli for me...that's a very nice set up for the little girl. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest redreed

Hi Robin -- it's good to hear that Polli is home!!! She looks pretty good and that's quite a set up you've got there for her!! :)

Take care and Spyder sends some baby kisses and I send some people ones!!

Keep track of when she seems most agitated and when you give her the pain meds. Opiate pain meds cause Morgan to pant and pace. We discovered this after his amputation. We thought he was in pain and kept changing/increasing his pain meds. After days of this, I started mentally tracking when his worse times were and it was when the medication in his system was at a high. We took him off all his pain meds and he calmed down within 12 hours.

We did not sleep downstairs for our boys. We carried them upstairs at night and down in the morning. A baby gate at the stairs prevented authorized excursions. She may be more comfortable if her routine is followed. Ours were not allowed to do stairs until the stitches came out.

Her last shot of morphine was this morning about 8AM. Now she it's just deramaxx, tramadol and baytril.

The vet didn't say anything about stitches coming out. I will call on Monday about that. When I called a little while ago, she said I could give her valium if she needed it, (she did settle down) and she did say that if we wanted to carry her up and down the stairs, we could go up so that her routine stays as normal as possible. If we do that we will have to take our bed apart as it is 32 inches off the floor and I know that jumping is not something she wants her to do right now.

Polli and I are cuddled up on the bed on the floor in the den right now. She will start to move and get whimpery/whiney.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Sending healing thoughts to your beautiful Polli.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

I agree, I think its a little anxiety, things are different right now & she's probably a little anxious. That's a great idea about keeping track of when you do things...especially with this type of medication.

Plus even though she's on pain meds, she's probably still uncomfortable. I was on morphin for a week & I still felt some discomfort.

I'm so glad she's home. She looks good...good coloring.

Guest greyt2love

I happy she's home with you and her pack. Hopefully she will settle down soon, but she's had some major trauma happening very quickly and I'm sure she's confused. Sweet momma girl, relax honey !!

How sweet the other pups are hanging out with her.

I hope she settles down bcause I know that's a worry for you.

Welcome home Polli :)

Yes, we are all for one and one for all. Where one of us is, we all are! They were quite insane when Polli came home but just checked her out and then got distracted by a cookie I gave them.

Here we all are now.

Beau is on the bed behind DH, Teddy and Chloe. DH and Polli are lying together. It's interesting the others are not bothering to get on the bed when that's what they were doing before she came home.

DSC_0433.jpg

\ You are a great mom!

Thank you. I have greyt kids.