Polli Is Home

RobinM

Robin, I haven't been online as I've been away but I've been thinking of Polli and you all weekend. Just got caught up reading this thread. Very pleased to hear about her good appetite and that she is peeing and pooping ok. Also glad that she's comfortable now, after a difficult night.

Sounds like her mum is doing an AMAZING job of taking care of her. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grey_dreams

Glad to hear that Polli is eating again and that things are moving well through her digestive system! :colgate

Sorry to hear about her restlessness. I think Bev's idea is good. If she likes car rides, it would be great if you could take her for some rides, or anything to get her mind focused on something other than her pain and discomfort.

Try massage! A whole body massage would help her relax. If you know T-Touch, it would be the best. But otherwise, just a gentle whole-body massage.

Hang in there! You are doing great! Every hour brings both of you closer to the place where she is happy and pain-free. :grouphug

She is not crazy about car rides as that makes her stress and if I took her without someone else, she would stress even more.

Even now, she will stay on a bed for 15-20 minutes and then get up, walk around and stand there, plop down and the ritial will start all over.

As far as me sleeping this morning, I fell asleep for maybe 15 minutes and a solicitor called and I am on the DO NOT CALL LIST.

It will be time for me to get ready for work in a hour.

Maybe tonight will be better.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Things WILL get better. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest brandi007

Oy, just catching up on all this!

I'm so sorry for all that's happened with your sweet girl but she's alive and on the road to recovery! If she can raise a litter of land sharks she can beat this! I know I couldn't raise a litter of land sharks! Lots of healing/good thoughts for you and your pack, come on sweety - pull through!

:grouphug

Guest taylorsmom

Robin--I am so sorry to hear how tough this has been. It is so hard to see them struggle and it is times like that that I wish they could just talk and tell us what is wrong so we can do whatever it would take to make it feel better!!

I haven't had time to read through the whole thread so I am sorry if I missed something and this is not correct, but is it possible that she is in more pain with the panting and moving around so much? I have heard that sometimes dogs get up and move around a lot as a way of trying to "get away from" pain. Maybe not enough pain meds?

Prayers and white light for quick healing, hugs for you.

Edited by taylorsmom

Guest greytmonty

Robin, in humans a lot of the drugs in the valium class have bad rebound effects (ie a withdrawal with an exacerbation of the very symptoms the drug was treating). Ask your vet about how to time the Valium dose so that Polli doesn't get a rebound anxiety as it leaves her system.

Guest taylorsmom
Robin, in humans a lot of the drugs in the valium class have bad rebound effects (ie a withdrawal with an exacerbation of the very symptoms the drug was treating). Ask your vet about how to time the Valium dose so that Polli doesn't get a rebound anxiety as it leaves her system.

Absolutely--this is an excellent point, Karen.

So glad Polli's eating better what a sweetheart.............

You're doing such a marvelous job looking after her, but you must look after yourselves too.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Hi Robin -

Haven't been on in the past couple of days (dealing with my own evil medicine trauma) so my dh sent me a note again to come check in. So glad to see that she is eating. I would also suggest as a standby something easy that you can make with the things she loves best - we were watching our friends whippet who refused to eat for almost 2.5 days and I tried everything - then I was having a snack of a homemade peanut butter cookie and up he came - started snacking with me on that and we were good from that point on! We use a liver treat recipe that would be easy to modify with the things she likes - peanut butter, maybe a pureed meet (like chix & rice) - then bake. Still getting her nutrition that way.

As far as sleep, for the first couple of weeks, most of what Vinnie did was sleep - the meds just knocked him out - but when he was up, he moved around a lot too - either too hot or too cold - so we adjusted him accordingly - either an extra blanket thrown over him or a fan blowing with a bowl of ice and/or ice water to chomp on. All of our greys love to chew on ice cubes and I always have a cup of ice with me so they think it is special - this might help her as she moves around. Definitely use the meds as you both need your sleep in order to heal and function.

Sending hugs and scritches and lots more healing prayers. If you want our liver treat recipe, just holler. Easy to make and modify.

Guest mom2maddiebug

Hi Robin,

So glad to hear she's up and about and that she's still eating and pooping now!! Way to go Polli! Just know that this adjustment is temporary... soon she'll be all good again

Try to get some sleep.

FWIW, our amputee houseguest was still having some phantom pain? just pain? fear? episodes where she would vocalize @ 2 weeks after amp. Believe those episodes diminished pretty quickly after that. But yeah, way to rip your heart out of your chest and rip it into jagged little pieces. Hope your Polli is past any signs of pain soon. It sounds like she's really doing very well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I hope you all have a better night tonight! Get some rest Miss Polli! You made it throught the eating, drinking, peeing and pooing now just relax and get some rest!! :sleepy:sleepy:sleepy:sleepy

Robin, kiss that beautiful needlenose for me! :kiss2:kiss2:kiss2

gallery_16678_2973_7526.jpg

TNT Star Wars X Oshkosh Enigma King's Pedigree
King's sisters: Oshkosh Updraft, Dazie and forever in our hearts Oshkosh Ultra, Lily (3/7/03-2/18/13)