Polli Is Home

RobinM

We all went to sleep about midnight and at 1:30 Polli was restless. She started eating her Zuke cookies that we have here in bed with us. She had about 3 so I got some chicky and rice. A lot of complaining, whiney sounding. We have never herard that from her. Beau, her son is a constant whiner but Polli, never before.

Over the course of the last hour, she had about 1/2 cup rice and 1/2 cup chicky and then I added some tripe.She ate a little bit of that. Then she had more Zukes.

Now, she has something in her tummy.

She has also drank a lot of water so we got her out but she did not pee so we came back up. this time we had to carry her both ways.

So now I will try to get back to sleep, With cookie crumbs, rice, chicky and tripe all over my bed and I woundn't have it any other way.

Nite.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful that Polli got some food in her. She is just amazing. I hope you all had a nice sleep. Each day will be better and better.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest poopsie1

She looks so happy to be home. What a sweet, beautiful little girl. Keep eating and getting stronger, Polli. The love surrounding you will get you through this.

It sounds like Polli is adjusting well. The first few days at home are difficult but before you know it will have your old Polli back. :grouphug

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Hope you all managed to get some more sleep :)

What you said about Polli dropping her cookie when she was standing up outside after her pee break sounds very similar to Darcy. Even now, she rarely eats whilst standing. In the very early days at least, it looked as if she couldn't concentrate on standing on three legs, being balanced AND eating and she would either refuse treats or she would only eat them when she was laying down.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Good girl Miss Polli! Today is a new and better day...each day will get easier sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What seems to be happening a lot is she is still turning 10 times before she finds the perfect place to plop down with the "SIGH". her footing of course is not what it was and she is doing it on a mattress which is not as flat as supportive as the floor but this is where she want to be.

I just cant believe the sequence of events. I sit her and just shake my head in disbelief. Oh and Btw- I understand why everyone said to try and rest before she came home. It's just like having a newborn baby with needs you are trying to figure out.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest PhillyPups

Robin, to you and DH :bighug

It is amazing how you have "re-done" your whole life (even sleeping with tripe) at this point to accomodate Polli, who is so deserving of it. :colgate

Polli many :hope still going your way from Philly.

Please keep us posted on Polli's progress, it has been so sudden, I would still be shell-shocked!!

I'm so glad to hear that Polli was able to get out to potty and finally has some food in her belly. She is a very lucky lady to have such a good family. Thanks so much for keeping us all updated.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

My gosh, she's making amazing progress! How wonderful is this!!!! Keep eating Polli and you'll get your strength back in no time.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

She kissed me. Ah- all is right with the world. She looked at me with those deep soulful eyes and planted one right on my mouth.

She is also eating her dried chicken tenders to make up for the days she missed. She also had a little bit more food. I think several small meals might be better than her one large one she used to get.

She hasn't had any pain meds since 6:15 this morning- tramadol and she doesn't seem to need it. She just went potty outide (no poop yet but she just started eating solids less than 12 hours ago) and I changed her gauze, saw the wound and by that time she was shaky on her feet so we carried her back in the house.

One of the worries are the other maniacs who could so easliy knock her over. That is why we changed her bandage outside.

Oh sweet Miss Polli! Good job...keep eating and get plenty of rest ok sweetie? I agree...several small meals especially until her bowels start moving. Just like with people...we don't feel much like eating after surgery and until our bodily functions start doing their thing, it is best to take it slow. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

You might try some warm chicken soup. My Vet suggested it when Nevada wasn't eating well & it semed to stimulate her appetite. I think the frequent small meals is a good plan. Her tummy may be "off" due to the anesthesia and the other meds.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

That was a thanks Mom kiss for certain........how special was that :wub:

Keep eating and resting Polli it'll build up your strength

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest PiagetsMom

Wow! I am just so impressed with Polli! I know you're working hard over there to take great care of her needs, but truly, I don't know how much better her progress could be at this point......she sounds like she's a real trooper, and it's great to hear that she's eating again :yay

Keep up the good work, Polli :kiss2 - and Mom and Dad! :grouphug

Guest myjazzy
She kissed me. Ah- all is right with the world. She looked at me with those deep soulful eyes and planted one right on my mouth.

That's wonderful. It looks like she's recovering nicely. She is a trooper and she knows how much her mommy loves her.

I'm so glad she's home and eating, and hoping for a fast and uneventful recovery. :yay:dogcookie:grouphug

Your beautiful sweet Polli sounds like a brave and sensitive soul. You and your DH are to be commended for the way

you are handling this situation. You have rearranged your whole lives for this wonderful girl, who does absolutely

deserve it. I also agree that her kiss to you was her way of thanking you. She looks like such a sweetheart.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Robin,

You and DH are doing a FANTASTIC job!!!! Tripe in the bed? Well, I won't go there. I'm so glad Miss Polli is eating and seems to be adjusting to her new status. I'm sure the rest of the pack are adjusting as well... Keep up the greyt work. Polli thrives on your love and affection, and to her.......YOU are her world. It must have been heaven for you to get that kiss! Will continue to send healing thoughts and prayers for Miss Poli. She WILL pull through this and be her old sweet self in no time. Kisses from Booker and Bella.

Jan