Polli Is Home

RobinM

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang in there. Snickers went through a similar recovery. She had the screaming fits, particularly after standing up and there wasn't much you could do but feel horrible. I'm not sure if it was phantom pain but it was heart-wrenching. I don't know if it helped end the screaming episodes, but I massaged Snickers's neck -- with the new trpod gait their heads bob up and down and I know that she seemed to really enjoy that. Snickers was on Tramadol, and if I remember correctly they told me to increase her dose. I really don't know what helped but I remember the episodes lasted for at least a week if not too. Hang in there! :grouphug :grouphug

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

I was so concerned about her not peeing yesterday from 1pm - 11pm I guess because I work in Urology and I know how dangerous urinary retention is and as you all know when things are really sucky, the vet is closed.

She peed at 8AM It was a realitively quiet night. no food, lots of water. She hasn't eaten a thing and unfortuntately, she doesn't like the standard standby: yogert, ice cream etc. I would give her anything she wanted if she only wanted something.

We are on day 5.

ETA-- she just had 4 zuke cookies dipped in peanut butter. Do they make peanut butter kibble? Or I could try to nuke the peanut butter, pour it over her kibble and let it harden.

Now she is resting. I will be home with her till 12:30 then DH will come home.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest jettcricket
I was so concerned about her not peeing yesterday from 1pm - 11pm I guess because I work in Urology and I know how dangerous urinary retention is and as you all know when things are really sucky, the vet is closed.

She peed at 8AM It was a realitively quiet night. no food, lots of water. She hasn't eaten a thing and unfortuntately, she doesn't like the standard standby: yogert, ice cream etc. I would give her anything she wanted if she only wanted something.

We are on day 5.

ETA-- she just had 4 zuke cookies dipped in peanut butter. Do they make peanut butter kibble? Or I could try to nuke the peanut butter, pour it over her kibble and let it harden.

Now she is resting. I will be home with her till 12:30 then DH will come home.

Robin I just found out Saturday morning in Dewey about your baby girl, Polli. :( I'm so sorry about her diagnosis. Unfortunately, I know only too well what your are going thru and how stressful it is especially when it comes to their lack of appetite.

If she doesn't start eating soon on her own, you might want to ask Polli's oncologist if they can give her something to jump start her appetite. Cricket's oncologist gave her "Ovaban" and it worked! They give it too females to stop them from going into heat.....we use it sparingly and only as needed.

Give your sweet little girl and you gentle hugs from my house to yours as we are in it together. :grouphug

Sending more prayers this morning. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Robin,

Just got back home and this was the first place I looked to check on Polli! I am so glad that she is home where she is obviously adored.

Keep us posted, and take some time for yourself

Hugs...

Lori

Kiss theat Polli for me!

As I pulled into the parking lot at work, DH called me to tell me that Ms. Polli ate 1 cup of kibble mixed with ½ boiled chicken breast… and some cookies.

She went out 2 times to pee pee and what we found she likes is to go out with her pack. Not alone (with us alone).

To see her bouncing along keeping up with them is unbelievable. I know we are nowhere near out of the woods but man to see a ray of light, just brings me to happy tears and I thank GOD for anything good that happens for my Polli wolli do da. (yes another song!)

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

As I pulled into the parking lot at work, DH called me to tell me that Ms. Polli ate 1 cup of kibble mixed with ½ boiled chicken breast… and some cookies.

She went out 2 times to pee pee and what we found she likes is to go out with her pack. Not alone (with us alone).

To see her bouncing along keeping up with them is unbelievable. I know we are nowhere near out of the woods but man to see a ray of light, just brings me to happy tears and I thank GOD for anything good that happens for my Polli wolli do da. (yes another song!)

We're on the up :confetti

*leak*

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Just got another call from DH- apparently Polli doesn't want to be an invalid anymore. Those are his words. He got off of the mattress we are keeping on the floor and climbed into one of the dog beds on the floor. She also demanded to go out.... NOT BACK. She wants to go out front where the real walks happen with her pack. He took her on the front and side lawn so she could pee.

Mucho Tears of joy.

:couchjump

(Now Polli, do KNOT copy that emoticon for at least another month) :eek:lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! You rock sweetie girl! :wub:

The fact she is eating after a big surgery....being on pain meds...and having chemo is greyt! These babes sure hate any changes in their routine don't they? Kiss the pretty girl for me! :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

That is Great! I am so happy to hear that Polli is home and doing well!!!!!!!!! You go Girl! :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Hollys2hounds

Great news Robin!!!!

I too, check in on this thread as soon as I get home. Glad to hear Miss Polli is doing so well.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Wishing you a peaceful, sleepful night!

:kiss2:grouphug:kiss2:grouphug

Just got another call from DH- apparently Polli doesn't want to be an invalid anymore. Those are his words. He got off of the mattress we are keeping on the floor and climbed into one of the dog beds on the floor. She also demanded to go out.... NOT BACK. She wants to go out front where the real walks happen with her pack. He took her on the front and side lawn so she could pee.

Mucho Tears of joy.

Polli, you are making me cry tears of joy! I drooled on my Jack doggie who is wondering why momma is crying tears of joy!

Robin, this is just fantastic.

What very good news. You go girl!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Pretty Polli....you made my day! Keep going sweet girl and show everyone how strong and determined an old girl can be. Robin, maybe you can get some sleep now. We continue to send thoughts and prayers for Polli's full recovery You Go Girl!

Jan :colgate