Polli Is Home

RobinM

Guest FreddyGirl

She looks great, clear eyes and yes, good color. While comforting and caring for her, remember to take care of yourself. All of you have been through so much. WELCOME HOME SWEET POLLS!

Freddy, Molly and sister Bobbi send their love and can't wait to see you all soon:) :heart:grouphug

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome home Polli :wub:

I think it's perfectly normal for them to be a little anxious and whiney for a few days. It's very hard to live through though for the humans because you want to 'do' something to make it better and there's little you can do. But it will get better over the next couple of days or so, as she learns some new routines and some new ways of doing old routines.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Sounds like you're doing a great job Robin. For me the hardest part was watching a fall. They get around amazingly well, but every once in a while there would be a trip and a bit of a header. That's when my heart bleeds for them and their circumstances. You just have to remind yourself what the alternative was.

I'm so glad to see Polli at home with her pack where she belongs. :) You and DH are fantastic dog parents. FANTASTIC! I hope she settles soon and everyone can get some much needed rest.

Wishing you an uneventful and speedy recovery for Miss Polli. I'll be thinking of her (and you).

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Robin, I'm so happy to see Polli is home. Brooke was a little anxious for a few hours when I brought her home. She also gets panty and whimpery when she gets tramadol, so does 12 year old Patsie.

Hang in there, the biggest hurdle is behind you now.

Lots of healing energy and prayers for all of you.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

She might be feeling a little disoriented with the pain meds, thus causing the whimpering etc. Hopefully that will settle down soon. Is she eating anything?

Nothing since tuesday night. We have her favorite cookies in bed with us and I will try some chicky and rice soon, but usually if she is not eating cookies, she's not eating.

We will do a potty break in half hour, then tramadol and we will try some food again.

If not, after a good night sleep with mommy and daddy surrounding her, I'm sure tomorrow she will eat.

love, hope believe.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh, I'm so glad Polli is home and doing well! I came on the Board tonight just to make sure she did!

When mine won't eat - even after all the tricks and songs, chicken and boiled hamburger and rice - we go out and bring home a plain hamburger from one of the fast food places. They LOVE take out and just mob us if they see we're bringing home a paper sack. It'll usually spark an appetite. Sometimes Ensure works too.

Continued good thoughts for all your family!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest BlackandBrindle

She's been through quite a lot in the past few days and is probably just trying to adjust. She looks beautiful and hopefully she'll eat for you!

I think the pups know they need to be gentle with Polli right now. I'm often amazed at how they will take care of the pack.

:grouphug to you and Miss Polli. Glad she is home where she belongs.

What an ordeal to take a pee pee. We asked her if she wanted to go out. I took out her leash and she got up. (unbelievable) then she just stood there and almost looked like she reconsidered and wanted to go lay back down so DH carried her out the door and down the 5 steps to the backyard. We walked, she bounced around the back and finally peed.. big time. Then she bounced back and went to the steps and stood there. I took the first step and this miracle of mine, went up the 5 steps. :yay:yay:yay I praised her and cried.

She prompty took the cookie I gave her (we ALWAYS give cookies after an outside pee/poop) and she took it but dropped it. Oh well. I offered her chicken and rice, purina one and tons of cookies. Nothing. So i will leave it alone now. She was really panting after that ordeal. It was time for her tramadol and she is resting comfortably right next to me right now. DH is out on a walkie.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Glad she is home. Prayers for continued success.

Watch the tramadol..that was my mistake with Deuce. As Dr. Couto explained to me: removing the leg got rid of the pain so there is no need to go heavy on the pain meds. I did however and sent Deuce into dysphoria. Basically, drugged him until he thought he was in pain but he really was not. Dr. Couto told me to take him off the pain meds completely and I did reluctantly and all the sudden there was no more whining and screaming.

Glad she is home. Prayers for continued success.

Watch the tramadol..that was my mistake with Deuce. As Dr. Couto explained to me: removing the leg got rid of the pain so there is no need to go heavy on the pain meds. I did however and sent Deuce into dysphoria. Basically, drugged him until he thought he was in pain but he really was not. Dr. Couto told me to take him off the pain meds completely and I did reluctantly and all the sudden there was no more whining and screaming.

even though she just had the surgery 48 hours ago? I was told to give as needed ( I wanted her to have an easy night) everu 6-8 hours over the next week and then wean off. (weaning wasn't an absolute necessity, she said if i wanted to)

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

may be too soon to completely stop them since her surgery was just two days ago, but it is hard to tell if she is really in pain or just whining because she is trying to get used to this new situation. I wouldn't worry too much about it right now, give them as needed but just a heads up that Dr. Couto said that they have found that tramadol does this in greyhounds so if it continues for the next week now you know. I'm so very glad she is home!!!!!

What an ordeal to take a pee pee. We asked her if she wanted to go out. I took out her leash and she got up. (unbelievable) then she just stood there and almost looked like she reconsidered and wanted to go lay back down so DH carried her out the door and down the 5 steps to the backyard. We walked, she bounced around the back and finally peed.. big time. Then she bounced back and went to the steps and stood there. I took the first step and this miracle of mine, went up the 5 steps. :yay:yay:yay I praised her and cried.

She prompty took the cookie I gave her (we ALWAYS give cookies after an outside pee/poop) and she took it but dropped it. Oh well. I offered her chicken and rice, purina one and tons of cookies. Nothing. So i will leave it alone now. She was really panting after that ordeal. It was time for her tramadol and she is resting comfortably right next to me right now. DH is out on a walkie.

Good girl! Now sweetie...tomorrow you HAVE to eat! Don't make me come over there! :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Our ortho surgeon told us a week after the surgery there shouldn't be any pain. She'll probably need a few more days of meds. Tramadol is one of the opiate pain meds that caused panting with Morgan. If she gets more antsy when it kicks in, it may be the Tramadol.

Guest PiagetsMom

Sounds like you guys are doing really well over there! :clap

Thanks, Robin, for the updates, especially on your first night home.......hoping all of you will be able to get some rest tonight and hopefully you'll be able to tell us that Polli's calmer and that she's had something to eat tomorrow. :goodluck

Good night :grouphug

Edited by PiagetsMom

Holy moly Robin, I missed this whole situation. My heartfelt prayers go out to you and Polli.

Faith gives the heart hope!!!!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge