Polli Tripped

***UPDATE***

Vet just called. It's cancer. No bone biopsy, she said that the ortho said " Marybeth, (that is my vet's name) if this were my dog, I wouldn't d*ck around with the biopsy, she is in too much pain, we have to amputate"". They will send the leg out for biopsy and then determine the course of chemo.

God help us all.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so so sorry. Prayers are with you.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Oh Robin, I am so very sorry! Brooke sends kisses to you and Polli, and I'm sending hugs, prayers and healing energy to both of you.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Guest PiagetsMom

I'm sorry, Robin........challenging times ahead for you. I can tell you that you're stronger than you think you are, and I get the feeling you're a strong woman.....with a great husband and a close pack. I know that Polli's very lucky to have and be with you all. You, and Polli, will be in my thoughts and I'll be checking for updates :grouphug

Edited by PiagetsMom

Oh Robin!!! I'm so sorry to hear this news. We had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Couto speak at our GPA meeting this past summer. If it's any consolation, he said that greys adapt extremely well to amputation. Dr. Couto and his staff are also available for consultations. There is hope!

http://www.vet.ohio-state.edu/1872.htm

:grouphug

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

***UPDATE***

Vet just called. It's cancer. No bone biopsy, she said that the ortho said " Marybeth, (that is my vet's name) if this were my dog, I wouldn't d*ck around with the biopsy, she is in too much pain, we have to amputate"". They will send the leg out for biopsy and then determine the course of chemo.

God help us all.

Bugger and crap. As I said this morning, I have been exactly where you are right now.

With with you both, each step of the way :grouphug

Can I point you here, in case you want it at some point http://www.tripawds.com/forums/

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest caiteag

I've been following along, though I haven't posted yet.. I am so sorry you are going through this.. but I will be sending prayers and love for Polli.

:( No. :( My thoughts and prayers are with you. :grouphug

Ok...let's get the bad leg off...and start recovery. Hugs for all. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh no. :cry1 Rotten news. :( I'm keeping my prayers and light flowing to your sweet Polli and her loving support system which will help her pull through. :hope Please consider joining the Circle of Grey for additional support and advice. The group helped me tremendously when I lost Derby girl. :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm sorry, Robin........challenging times ahead for you. I can tell you that you're stronger than you think you are, and I get the feeling you're a strong woman.....with a great husband and a close pack. I know that Polli's very lucky to have and be with you all. You, and Polli, will be in my thoughts and I'll be checking for updates :grouphug

Ditto! And if there's anything in this world we can do, we're here Robin

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greytexplorer

Robin,

you, DH, and your pack are in my thoughts and prayers.

I remember when you took Polli off the hauler, many months ago. I cried. You are my hero.

Blessings,

~Pat

I'm so sorry, Robin. Hugs and prayers.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

sorry to read about polli's diagnosis, robin.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg