Polli Tripped

pain meds and he was much better within 12 hours. I'm not sure why Alex was restless, but think a UTI contributed.

I was told by the vet yesterday that one of the chemos tend to produce UTIs. Maybe that was one of them?

As far as starting today vs 2 weeks. I was told yesterday that starting within 72 hours increases the chance of DECREASING the chance of metastizing. I have to believe.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MorganKonaAlex
pain meds and he was much better within 12 hours. I'm not sure why Alex was restless, but think a UTI contributed.

I was told by the vet yesterday that one of the chemos tend to produce UTIs. Maybe that was one of them?

I believe that is Cytoxan. It irritates the bladder. That was one of them I had. :-)

As far as starting today vs 2 weeks. I was told yesterday that starting within 72 hours increases the chance of DECREASING the chance of metastizing. I have to believe.

I hope it does. I don't think there is enough research out there yet that they have an accepted Gold standard for treatment.

Guest budsmom

I am so very sorry to hear about this, Polli is one of my favorite GT hounds. Your love and the love and strength of your pack will get you all through this. There are many people sending good thoughts, healing energy and prayers your way, so you are never alone in this. Hugs to everyone at your house from WI. :grouphug

Guest myjazzy

Robin, I know this is all very hard to take, but there are some positives. Even though it all happened so fast that you are still in shock, you were spared having to agonize about the decision whether to amputate or not. By the time she gets home, you'll be able to spend all your energy helping Polli get better. I also think that starting chemo as soon as possible is good. Carboplatin is a lot easier on the system than Adriamyacin (doxorubicin). It is also a lot more expensive, although I know that's the farthest thing from your mind right now.

We're all here sending good thoughts and white light to you and Polli. I hope she's around for a good long while to keep you, DH and the rest of the pack on your toes. She's a feisty girl and I know she'll fight this with all that spunk. :grouphug

Maria

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

I'm just now seeing this as well. I know just how you feel. My boy dx on a Friday and amputation and back home within a week. He is now 25.5 months post dx and amp. They really do fine and adjust well as a tripod, no worries there and we are all here for you. I ran across and quote that I am find myself leaning on lately: The Will of God will never take your where the Grace of God will not protect you. Prayer works!!!!! You're right you have to believe. You and Polli, as well as the rest of the family will be in my prayers for quick healing and continued success to kick cancer's butt.

It sounds like things are very much under control & she is doing well. Your Vet & Techs sound fantastic! Prayers for you all and special ones for the Vet to guide them thru her treatments. Get some rest for sure......she will be keeping you very busy at home before you know it!! XXOO

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

Guest greytexplorer

Hi Robin and Pack :wave

when does Sweet Polli Purebread get to come home???

Please give her some sweet kisses from me. I just adore her from afar......

hugs,

~Pat

Wanted to check in and see how Miss Polli did overnight and how you and the rest of your family are holding up? I see she is already progressing well and wanting to get up. Don't be surprised if she wants to jump up on you when you see her either - it's amazing how fast they truly adjust.

I went back and found several links for you to browse through that are recent that may help you - Madeara started the topics when her girl, Asia was diagnosed with osteo a few months ago - many people chimed in and there is a lot of helpful information in there - so here are the links that I pulled from there:

What to expect at home after amputation:

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showtopic=205810&hl=

chemo drugs:

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showtopic=206202&hl=

asia home after amp:

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showtopic=207625&hl=

one problem with asia (stair issues):

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showtopic=207819&hl=

1 month post amp (asia):

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showtopic=209845&hl=

Also, if you have not seen her yet and want to prepare a little, if you click on the link in my signature that goes to our photobucket - you can click on our Angel Vinnie's album - it has several shots of his amputation site - front right leg - so that you are not grossed out - there is nothing too squeamish in these shots so don't worry.

There are so many people that are here for you and whatever you need - a shoulder to lean or cry on, an ear to rant to, and lots of us to cheer Polli and your family on - it can be overwhelming with everything being thrown at you right now, remember to take a deep breath and breathe, to eat and rest and most importantly, to laugh and love with your girl so she heals quickly. Sending hugs and scritches.