Polli Tripped

Guest HoustonGreys
Adding my prayers and positive thoughts for Polli and that the report comes back; hair line fracture - nothing more. :grouphug

Oh Robin I'm so sorry this has happened to Polli. I pray with all my heart it's not cancer. And may I say I think you must have the dearest DH in the world.

Many prayers for Polli, you and your husband. :hope:hope:hope:hope

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read your update. I have been in your place :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Robin, I am so sorry to see this. I hope all goes well with the tests and that dealing with the hair-line fracture will be all you are facing. We will be keeping are fingers crossed and praying for Polli! :goodluck :goodluck :hope :hope

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Crossing all fingers and paws here that it's only a break and not anything else. :goodluck I do hope she can come home IF it's only a break as it would be good for you and her!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Thank you. She is resting comfortably with a big pillow, comforter, a stuffy from the car and ...... DH took his shirt off in the middle of the waiting room for Polli to have with her so she would have one of us with her. I thought that was very sweet of him. :blush

I think you found yourself a good one! He gets a :grouphug , too. And another one for not taking off his pants. ;)

Will be watching for an update and hoping for the best. Polli sounds very comfy.

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Guest DoofBert

Good thoughts for Miss Polli...

And, you somehow get through with the support of your sweet hubby..... he's a champ in my book!

Edited by DoofBert

Robin, I just got your email and am now reading this. Hugs to you and tons of prayers for sweet Ms. Polli. Keep us updated. I wish there was something I could do.

The numbness is starting to wear off and the reality has hit. I wasn't able to sleep more than 20 40 minutes at a time last night. I was up more than not. You know how the middle of the night, the demons come? My demons wre there and I fought ot keep it together.

My pack is very "weird". Teddy won't go out and pee. He refused to go out on the last walk last evening. He has not been out to pee since 7PM last night. This is a record of "holding" it. He is sitting right next to me but won't get up.

We usually have 2-3 dogs in our bed. One of them is always Polli. NO one slept with us last night. They are just mopey.

G-D willing within 3 hours, we wil get a call from the ortho telling us, they did all the pcitures, there is no reason to do bone biopsy and we can get her this afternoon.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It helps to get me through this.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Hi Robin,

Sorry, I'm just seeing this now. I've had 2 diagnosed with Osteo. We found out Morgan had it when his front leg broke when he landed at the base of the stairs. He had started limping about 36 hours before. With Alex, he had an on and off limp and several rounds of x-rays. The s-rays were suspicious but not conclusive so the Vet recommended a bone biopsy. Alex was in terrible pain from the biopsy. He was on 3 different pain meds to make it tolerable until we got the results and get him in for an amputation. I will not do a bone biopsy again. I would authorize a needle biopsy, additional x-ray views, anesthesia for x-rays and additional ortho. radiology consults.

sending many prayers to you and Polli!!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Sigh. Still waiting. They will call after the x-rays, I think. They have a baseline of the same leg from exactly a year ago when she was limping so there is something to compare it to. I'm just praying that this was a 'freak" accident.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project