Polli Tripped

Wouldn't it be nice to have just one day of no injured or sick Greys?

Sorry to hear about Polli...having gone through a medical mishap recently, I know how hard it is.

We'll just have to pray for good news! B)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin,

So very sorry to hear Polli fractured her leg. Hopefully that's all it is and the biopsy will be clear. Sending you and Polli lots of healing thoughts and prayers. Booker and Bella have paws crossed for her too. Keep us posted.

Jan

Guest tricolorhounds

Sending good thoughts for Miss Polli...

Keep thinking positive. My Savannah fractured her back leg/foot and the biopsy was clear... just a freak accident. It is possible :hope

Keep thinking positive. My Savannah fractured her back leg/foot and the biopsy was clear... just a freak accident. It is possible :hope

How old is Savannah?h

Tuesday!? That seems a bit much, IMHO. Lots of good thoughts and white light for your girl!

greysmom :D

I was thinking the same thing Robin, Tuesday? Doesn't sound right. Your little girl has lots of prayers coming from here

it's because the biopsy will be done tomorrow AFTER the orhto looks over the ex-ray and take new films from every angle.

The biopsy is not a definite but a high probability.

It would be a stat but the lab is closed on Monday. THere is a chance that if they can stablilze the leg,she can come home tomorrow.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Polli had been limping for about a week. Today she tripped up the steps and yelped. (She's never done that before) Then she stood there with right the front leg up in the air whimpeing.

She is unable to put weight on it. We were supposed to leave for PA now, but we are leaving for the vet instead.

Please send prayers for Polli that she just pulled something.

VEt just called (DH took her) It's a fracture. Vet is concerned as to WHY there is a fracture. Bone biopsy tomorrow. She can not come home until the results are in from that which will be freaking Tuesday because of the holiday Monday.

She is afraid to let her come home because we could not keep her quiet and off that leg.

She thinks it could be cancer.

I am numb.

How do you all manage through this ? I haven't a clue.

Robin, I am so so sorry. Is it not possible to take Polli for the biopsy somewhere she can be looked at sooner? Is there a teaching vet hospital nearby? I am so sorry, you are in my thoughts.

Karen- we are on LI. We are 45-1 hour away east of NYC. The closest would be UP which is at least 4 hours away.

I do trust our vet. It is the vet that does the vetting of all LI groups.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest SusanP

Couldn't you crate her at home if need be so she can be in a familiar place? This must be overwhelming for you and for her. Sending positive and healing thoughts and :grouphug

Guest tricolorhounds

How old is Savannah?h

Savannah turned 8 on the day of her surgery... Break was on June 30th, surgery on July 2nd

Robin, I'm sending healing thoughts and prayers to Polli. I know exactly what you're going through! Try to stay positive. Hopefully they can stabalize the leg and let Polli come home for the weekend while they're waiting for results.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Yes, the ortho is part of the group. same guy who put Beau (her son) back together after his inury,

The reason they want to keep her there is to immobilize the leg. The fracture is very high up near the shoulder. IF they can they will splint it, they will. They won't know if they can till the Ortho sees it. IF they can splint it, she CAN come home. If they can't splint it, she can't bear weight on it. If she does, that would cause a further break and excruciating pain for her.

When looking at the x-ray, it is clear there is a hairline fracture. They do not see a tumor but what they do see is the bone density is not good. That is what the concern is. They also have taken in consideration, her age and she came from a farm where she did not eat very well, so maybe there is some calicium deficiency.

So, maybe, just maybe she can be spared the diagnosis of cancer. Tomorrow is a long ways away.

I'm all over the place trying to sort it out.

Edited by RobinM

Guest PiagetsMom
Couldn't you crate her at home if need be so she can be in a familiar place? This must be overwhelming for you and for her. Sending positive and healing thoughts and :grouphug

I was wondering about crating her, too......Tuesday's quite a ways away, for her and for you. Sending good thoughts that they'll be able to stabilize her leg so that she'll at least be able to come home until after the holiday. :grouphug

Crap. Crap. Crap.

I hope the biopsy is negative.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Sending many, many prayers for Polli and hugs for you and your family. I do hope so very much that it is not cancer-

God I hate that disease.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest SoulsMom

Crap :( Send good vibes that it's just a calcium deficeincy. I know I'd be unable to bear having Soul away from me until Tuesday . . .

Edited by SoulsMom

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Oh Robin... :grouphug

I'm so sorry to hear that there's a possibility of the c-word but remember, it's only a possibility. Many, many hugs to you and Polli! I hope her leg heals up soon and she's back to 100%. I am going to make that trip that we keep talking of to visit you and the hounds as soon as Polli is home, promise! No more putting it off. If you need anything in the meantime, you just let me know.

:cry1 Did they take an x-ray? From the little I understand, you might want to try to avoid the bone biopsy. I think Dr. Cuoto recommends a fine-needle aspirate, which is less invasive and has less chance of further damaging the bone. :grouphug :grouphug Sending lots of good thoughts for you and Polli.
Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Robin, you and Polli are in my prayers!!! I am so sorry she is going through this! Let's hope it is a simple hairline fracture and nothing more!!!

:cry1 Did they take an x-ray? From the little I understand, you might want to try to avoid the bone biopsy. I think Dr. Cuoto recommends a fine-needle aspirate, which is less invasive and has less chance of further damaging the bone. :grouphug :grouphug Sending lots of good thoughts for you and Polli.

Yes, they took a lateral picture today without anethesia. Tomorrow, before they do anything, the ortho will do a bunch more x-rays under anethesia and make the call from the results of the pictures.

I'm scared.I have a call into the vet. I have some more questions.