Brooke Needs Prayers!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Man Denise! I just saw this about Brooke now! I know how special she is to you! Sending lot of healing thoughts fot Brooke and lots of hugs for you! I'm glad to hear that she is doing better! Please give her a kiss for me! I've always had a soft spot for her!

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org

Denise, you need a laptop to take to the vet's? Then you can give us minute by minute updates. It's hard to wait til you get home to find out how she is doing.

I hope she had a good night and is eating even better today.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Keep fighting Brooke. We're all rooting for you sweetie!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Here's the latest update:

When I got to the clinic this morning Brooke was standing up, her ears were standing straight up and her tail was going like a helicopter! The kennel helper said Brooke started getting excited about 5 minutes before I got there, like she knew I was coming. I can't tell you how happy I was to see that helicopter tail going and she smothered me with kisses.

She still won't eat for the staff but she ate a huge meal for me and a good size snack before I left to come home. The kennel helper asked how I got her to eat so good and I said, "you don't have the secret ingredient", she said "what are you putting in her food to get her to eat?" I said, " a dose of love."

Brooke didn't want to be in her kennel at all today. I tried to sit with her and she kept panting and couldn't seem to settle down, so I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk and she drug me through the clinic and out to the parking lot and straight to the van. She wants to go home so bad. We had a short walk and I took her back into the kennel and got her settled down. I went out to the van to call DH to tell him that Brooke was doing good. Next thing I know the kennel helper is there with Brooke and she said Brooke was getting anxious without me. I have a dog ramp for the van and I set it up and we loaded Brooke into the back of the van. She laid down on her blanket, stretched her self out, gave a big sigh and fell into a deep sleep for the next 1 1/2 hrs. I curled up next to her and gave her a massage while she slept.

When she finally woke up I took her back to the kennel and went out to grab some lunch. She was anxiously waiting for me to get back, and so we went back to the van and she slept for another hour while I read a book.

She looks much better today. Her urine isn't as orange as it was yesterday and the vet said he thought her kidneys were going to be fine.

Her lower leg is still swollen with blood and the vet removed a cup of blood from it this morning before I got there. I'm hoping that improves more tonight..it has improved a lot since this weekend.

Brooke is trying to use her injured leg and the vet is pleased, and so am I.

Today the vet said it would be another 2-3 weeks before we'll know if the plate in her leg is going to work and he said he'll also know if we're dealing with cancer, and/or amputation. So keep those good thoughts coming, they are working!!

The vet is going to take xrays tomorrow, run blood tests and if everything is good then she'll finally get to come home tomorrow afternoon.

It's been hard having her 90 miles away and I'm tired. The other 8 puppers have been doing greyt with me changing their schedules all around so I can spend my days with Boogers. Of course, they all demand extra lovins when I get home and extra treats are good too!

Thank you everyone so much. I'll update tomorrow after I hopefully have my girl home.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

That is absolutely the best news ever Denise!!! OMG I'm so happy for you and Brooke! She's eating and wants to go home, that's excellent. I'll keep her in my prayers that the plate holds and there is no cancer! OMG I can't believe how great this is!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Sounds like she is doing very well -- what a wonderful feeling that must be for you!

Fingers crossed that the plate works and the lab report comes back good.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Wonderful update. :D Keeping lots of prayers and light flowing to your sweet girlie. :hope:candle

We're all pullin' for you, Miss B. :getwell

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest vahoundlover

Sounds like she's doing pretty good! Keeping fingers crossed the plate works and your baby girl will be home tomorrow.

Denise, this is huge. From draining 2 quarts to a cup is monumental. I am so glad she is better.

Continued prayers. Hope she comes home tomorrow.

Have a restful night.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest houndlover

That is great news. I just about cried when I read the part about Brooke laying in the van and taking a nap. She misses her mommy! I hope that she will be back home with you in no time. :grouphug

Denise that is good news. I was getting concerned after your email. I am hoping that she gets to go home tomorrow, clearly that is what she wants and needs.

Keep me posted, I feel like she is family now you know. ;) Hugs to you and Steve and the rest of the pack. :grouphug

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

This is the best news ever. I so hope she gets to come home where she clesrly wants to be. Lots of prayers still coming

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so glad to hear the positive update. I do hope Brooke can go home soon.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Sounds like great news to meeeeeee :confetti

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so glad to hear she's doing well. I hope she keeps healing and is home soon. She certainly seems to know where she wants to be!

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.