Brooke Needs Prayers!

Oh Denise.

Lots of prayers and strongest healing thoughts coming from here.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending prayers and hugs. So sorry that this has happened. Also sorry that you won't be able to see her tommorow. I know she would be more content if you where there and you would feel better too if you knew how she was doing.

I'll be thinking about you.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest SteveJones

I am a new Grey-convert, living in England. I just picked up this thread and just had to read it to the end. "Fire" is my first grey, and is not even three years old yet. I cannot imagine what you are going through. I just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you also.

Thinking of you both :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I want to add my thoughts and prayers as well for Brooke!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

:grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

oh Denise! I'm just seeing this now! :( :( :( :(

sending MANY, MANY prayers to Brooke and you!!!!!!!!!!!! :hope :hope :candle:hope :hope :candle:hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Just reading this thread now. I am so sorry about Brooke. We are sending many prayers for healing and for Brooke to please start eating.

FWIW when my boy was in the hospital, the only two things he would eat, out of many I tried, were roasted turkey (no skin or fat; chicken would work equally well I just happened to have roasted sliced turkey in the freezer); the other thing was chilled vanilla Ensure. A few nibbles for canned tripe, usually a favourite.

You and Brooke are in my thoughts - today must be so hard, not being able to visit her. I hope someone from the clinic calls to let you know how she's doing.

Thank you everyone for your continued good thoughts, prayers and support.

Brooke's vet called this morning and reported that she was able to stand on her own and he was even able to get her to walk a little.

He drained some of the blood that is pooling in her lower leg and he said she's alert.

She still doesn't want to eat so she got dextrose by IV.

Janet(foxysmom) has been a blessing and called me this morning to let me ask questions, and was kind enough to contact Dr. Couto at OSU for me. I felt so much better after talking to her. Thank you Janet.

My dear friend Nancy14 surprised me with a call this morning and we laughed about my Frankie. Nancy was very instrumental in helping to recover him when he was running loose in WI. Thank you Nancy for putting a smile on my face.

My DH has been a dream. We are staying hopeful that Brooke will be coming home this week and had concerns about potty trips for Brooke. I have steep steps that go into the yard and there's no way her and I will be able to manuever them. We talked about putting in a handicap ramp, but that would be beyond our expertise. I have a 60 foot long by 8 foot wide covered back porch and he bought some 3 ft tall vinyl fencing and fenced off a 15Ft length at one end of the porch with a gate near the back door. He put down outdoor carpeting so she'll have good footing and we'll be using it for a potty area. Boogers will be able to potty, get fresh air and sunshine and still feel like she's part of the pack without being bumped. Brooke and I will be moving into the guest room which is also near the back door.

I'll be visiting Brooke first thing Mon. morning and I'll update when I return home.

Thank you everyone!

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Steve, you're wonderful! Denise, what a guy! Listen, I have a bunch of satin ball patties I had made for Emmy and they're in the freezer. If you think Brooke will eat them you're more than welcome to them! I can have Kevin meet you at the same exit we picked up Joey at and you can get them. They're just sitting in the freezer. Just let me know.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee