Genie's Gone

Guest derfaroo

I am sorry for your loss :grouphug Genie will always be remembered by those who knew her and for her work in spreading the news about what wonderful pets greyhounds make! She was one of a kind....

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShelbyzMom

I'm so sorry for your loss. I always told people about Genie, every chance I got. Thank you for sharing her life with us f_yellow

Neena, Tim and Eddie,

Run free Sweet Girl. Say Hello to my pups there.

It was greyt meeting you at Sandy Paws and bringing everyone by to see you. Your Mom is such a sweetie.

Hugs,

Darlene, Santannah and Selena

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. Your image was 33.09 KB (33,886 bytes) file size.

Darlene and Garon with Selena-JCKC 5/23/2005 & Mosa-RDR 2/5/2010

Missing Santannah Belle-NSRA 7/7/2001- 9/6/2012

Guest wolfieskitten

Dear Neena,

I am so sorry to hear of Genie's passing. I was thinking of her this entire past week! I have always told people about her miraculous journey as a retired girl living in the lap of luxury and how wonderful to hear of how well she's been doing this past year! Just this weekend I was telling people from all over Australia at a local fair about her and one person said she'd heard of her on a message board (not sure which one, though).

She's touched so many lives and will be terribly missed. Fly free dear Genie, I'm certain you now have the most beautiful wings and are capering around like the young thing you always felt you were with the other houndies over the bridge.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug to you Neena, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Shocked to see this. I thought Genie might just keep going and going. My deepest sympathy to you. She sounds like she was a special girl. :f_white

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest EmbersDad

ok, no sad notes. bye genie, you were an inspiration.

its not the best quality, but i think you will get the idea. play it loud and proud for genie

Guest Smiley

Genie, you are amazing! You touched SO many lives and inspired so many people. As I watch my hounds age, I always think of you and the possibility of so many more years together like you had with your family. I am happy just to have known you through the online world. Hugs to your mom and dad. :bighug

Guest derfaroo

Our sincere thanks to everyone. We didn't expect Genie to go EVER either. She was a miracle. But.. chose her time.. chose her place...and AFTER A PARTY where she was STAR.

It will take time...but healing will be easier because we didn't have to make that decision for her. I am printing daily....all of the good wishes. I know that one day...I'll sit and read all of the wonderful messages and posts in honor of our Queen...now Empress...the most wonderful greyhound that I've ever loved... GENIE! THANK YOU! It's helping us mend....

Wait for the post on our new baby girl. Not meant to replace..but maybe help to fill the hole in our hearts. It may be weeks... but DRAMA QUEEN...will make an annoucement of our new baby GIRL! She'll have big paw prints to fill...but I'm certain she will make her mark on the world too!

Thanks to everyone who posted! Genie will live forever in our hearts. She did a wonderful job in her years on earth. She's in heaven now. Our angel. Thank YOU Everyone!

Guest greytgrandma

What an inspiration Genie was.Now when I look at the houndies at the QCGA web page I want to bring home all the broodies

She will continue to be an inspiration to many Im sure

You were so fortunate to have her in your life for so long! She will be missed by so many!!!

Thank you for sharing Genie with all of us. She was one-of-a-kind.

f_yellow:brokenheartDevonSympathy.jpg:brokenheartf_yellow

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Neena i know you said no sad notes but we can't help it as we all lost a magnificent Greyhound who outlived most Greyhounds. I have always enjoyed reading her stories and seeing her pictures and just still be in awe at how old she was. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful and very inspiring little girl! Thank you for sharing her with all of us on GT!

Please Genie watch over your mom and dad. Run free sweet angel. You had a great life with a great family! And all of us on GT will miss you!

Shelby - Hyuall 8 yrs old (Coldwater Guv x Coldwater Mesa) Litter #97183

Major - Rapido Ramrod 7 yrs old (Iruska Excalibur x Kacy Marque) Litter #18841

Sadie - Hank's Erin 3 years old (Hallo West Acre x Noble Storm) Litter# 40759

Sgt Bilko - Our 13 yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix - Running at the bridge Kurri, Kassidy and Dove

kurri7.jpg

Guest Spiff

:f_white :f_white :f_white :f_white :f_white

I can't think of what to say, since so many others have said it so well - Genie will be missed, but we certainly won't forget her. She lives on in many of our memories and hearts, what a truly great hound!

Guest BigPercyInMa

I'm very sorry for your loss of your Genie.

I'm glad to hear she had yet another party to go to and some boy's butts to sniff before she had to leave you on in her very own room, on her very own Queen bed though :wub:

I'm shivering as I read this.... sweet Genie, what a wonderful baby you are. Rest in peace sweetheart.

I'm so sorry, Neena....

Jackie, Payne and Bindi

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Guest greytcritters

Thank you Genie and your wonderful families helping out greyhounds around the world especially seniors!

You all are a true inspiration!

I know your story was one I told at meet and greets on the strength and spirit these wonderful dogs process.

Godspeed sweet Genie, your love and memories will live on here on Earth with the people who love you! :gh_run

Guest zoolaine

What an amazing life she had! It was a blessing that she got to choose her time and place and have a peaceful passing to the bridge. She will always be the queen and star with all the lives she has touched.

Guest gonewtthewind1

We all wish that they could stay forever. I dearly wish that all of our hounds could have what Genie had - A long wonderful life, and to leave it in the time and place (after a great day no less!) that they choose with the ones that they love the most. Genie was truly lucky. She and her humans are an inspiration to all.

Becky