Genie's Gone

Guest derfaroo

Guest derfaroo

Thank you Everyone! We'll cry for months...but will smile forever because of the wonderful memories Genie left behind....not only for US...but for so many people! I called my friend and GPA President today...told her we needed a new little girl. Nothing specific...except one with a little attitude....a girl that be in charge of little Eddie. He loves a woman who can take control of things! She'll never take the place of Genie...but will certainly help to fill the hole on our hearts that we'll always have for her. God Bless little Genie.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neena,

Thank you for sharing Genie with all of us. She was an inspiration and blessing to everyone in the Greyhound community. She will be missed, but the legacy that she leaves will live on.

So here's to you Genie. Thank you for being a part of our lives, and God bless you.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest jade1046

It's impossible not to be teary-eyed, but yes Genie's life should be celebrated. She is a legend. Neena and Tim, how fortunate you must feel to have shared so many years together with Genie. Godspeed, sweet girl. You will be missed but never forgotten! :f_white

Guest luvmygreys

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beautiful girl Genie. I'm so glad she had so much time to spend here with you, and for you sharing her with us. It gives me hope that my babies will make it to a grand old age, and enjoy life as much as Genie did. God Bless.... :grouphug

Oh Angel Genie...We just made a donation in your name and honor. Now...Kiss my Angels for me as you play together at the Bridge and I know you will watch over your family until you meet again. Be sure to send a very special and "sassy" little miss for your family. You are loved by all of us here and I will always remember you with a smile and a tug at my heartstrings. Run fast and free...and I know you will breathe easy at the Bridge. "Always in our hearts"........ :f_red:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest myjazzy

I still can't believe she's gone. It seemed like Genie was going to live forever and she will, within anyone whose heart she touched. Such a wonderful girl. Thank you for sharing your precious girl with us. :f_white

Guest charmsmom

A great hole has just been made in the greyhound world, but she will always be remembered! What a wonderful old lady she was! May she guide all our bridge angels with her light! :beatheart :beatheart

Guest greyindy
:bighug:bighug:angelwings Genie was a true ambassador for greyhound adoption. We will all miss seeing pictures and videos of the spunky 20 year young gal

Guest IndysDad

Genie was truly an amazing girl and the perfect Ambassadog; I remember seeing her 20th birthday video on the web and thinking "what a special girl and the bond between her and her people..."

Thank you for sharing her with us, she was a well loved girl and will be missed.

Godspeed Genie and run free.

Genie-- thank you and your humans for using your well-deserved publicity to let many other people know how wonderful it can be to have a greyhound as part of their lives. You could have just been famous, but you chose to do a bigger thing. And you did all of it with grace and style.

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

Guest lotsahounds

Oh Neena, I'm so sorry and I am sad. I can't help it. Prayers for strength to help you, Tim and Eddie get through this difficult time. The Queen will live on in the memories of many! :f_pink

Genie you were a gift to us all!

I'll be looking for the brightest star in the sky tonight !!!!

You now have a new job - as the Queen at the Bridge.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Neena and Tim thank you so much for sharing Genie with us. She was a remarkable girl who, through you, has given so much to the greyhound world. I remember meeting her at Sandy Paws, and chatting with you Neena. It won't be quite the same next year.

I'm happy that she chose to leave this earthly life on her own terms, on her big old bed.

Her long, love filled life has given us all hope.

Godspeed Sweet Lady, until we meet again. :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest greyt2love

She left as we could all wish...after a party, on her own bed, when she was ready. What a special lady she was ! It was a real joy to share her through your posts ,videos, and pictures.

I know we are not supposed to leave sad notes so I will salute Genie for a life well lived and for all that she and her parents did to get the message out about greyhound adoption.

Our Toby (who, like Genie, came from GPA Tampa Bay) sends kisses to Genie's family.

May Genie rest in peace and run free at the Bridge with all the other beautiful pups who will be there to greet her.

:f_pink:f_white:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest nerak254

I can't help but say I am so sorry. I had spoken about her to my vet this morning when I dropped Aruba off and was stunned when I opened GT earlier today. What a lucky dog she was and how lucky you were to share a life with her. I am sure that she will be glad that a girl with 'tude will be coming to keep things in order.

Guest greymomcrt

Genie - Your spirit lives in our hearts :brokenheart

Every Brindle gal with a "Perky, Prancing Walk in her Step" will remind me of you.

:f_pink:f_white:f_pink

Run free Sweet Girl

God Speed Genie. You will be missed.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Genie lived life on her own terms and she left life on her own terms.

Godspeed Empress Genie, you will never be forgotten. Your legacy will always live on as we continue to tell people of the wonderful 20 y/o Ambassadog, Genie, and strive to make sure every greyhound gets a forever home.

Run free Genie.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge