Genie's Gone

Guest derfaroo

Guest vtgreys

How fortunate for you to have been able to spend such wonderful 9 years with Genie. She is truly an inspiration. My current senior, Jax, came to me at almost 11 years old as a bounce, and I will continue to cherish every day with him. I'm sure Genie will watch over all our current seniors from her cushy throne! Frosty Paws all around in her honor when I get home tonight.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genie was an amazing and incredible girl. Thank you for sharing her life with all of us and giving her a loving home. I loved reading her story and seeing videos about her. I treasure everyday I have with my girl Maddie and will continue to do so as it is truly a gift to be a greyhound owner and a part of this special community. Run free Genie with all the bridge kids and Trish.

Edited by Maddiesmom

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest luvingreys

We will celebrate Genie's live and the impact she has made on everyone she touched both in person and over the internet

Although I am sad to read the news, I know that you gave her an amazing life and she gave back an amazing gift,

along with a ton of love. As a new grey owner of only three months, I can only hope that I have as wonderful a

journey with my girl as you have had with yours. Thank you for sharing her life with us. She was very special, as are

you and your husband.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm sad to read of Genie's passing but honoured to have been able to 'share' a tiny bit of her via GT. She'll never be forgotten, that's for sure :beatheart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest PhillyPups

Ah Neena,

I am sure Genie is frolicking with The Queen BarbieJade and The Divine Ms. SugarBear, discussing how absolutely awesome it was to be adopted as seniors and at their ripe old ages finding forever homes filled with love and happiness. Please know Genie is in awesome company at the bridge, amongst some of the very best.

:bighugs to you as I am sure you know the love that your life was filled with from sharing Genie's journey, but also how profound the sounds of silence can be.

Guest vahoundlover

Genie you brought so much love and joy to so many people. Run with the wind sweetie and when you get a chance send your family a rainbow.

:f_pink

Genie you ARE and ALWAYS WILL BE an inspiration. You will NEVER be forgotten and will ALWAYS be loved. Run free sweet baby. Love, racindog, Slim, Cash,Bobber, Minny, and especially Aggie(adopted last year at 11 yrs old).

Guest nancer2k

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful journey with your precious Genie. We all will certainly miss her but now we also have great memories of an extraordinary girl. :f_pink

Trying not to cry..........Thank you for sharing her story with us and the world. Genie was truly an amazing girl. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. f_yellow Genie, run with the wind :gh_run2

Edited by SIGreyLady

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest SoulsMom

Oh my.

Genie you were a true gift to the greyhound community, your loved ones, and everyone who met you. Thank you for blessing us all with your wonderful spirit for so many years.

Edited by SoulsMom

Guest boondog

Genie, thank you for doing all you did for your fellow greyhounds. During your time on Earth, you were an amazing girl that gave so many hope. Now you'll be able to continue watching over them and your loving family from afar. Godspeed, Genie.

Thank you, Neena, for sharing your amazing girl with the world.

{{{{{{{{{{Neena & Tim & Eddie}}}}}}}}}}

Dance among the stars, sweet girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I know you said no sad note, but we do want you to know we are so sorry for your loss. Genie was a AMAZING INSPIRATION to so many of us. Seeing all the wonderful birthday celebrations made me smile! She has given me so much hope, and I am sure many others.

She came to you for a reason. And I think you got the winning one, saving Tim. But she did so much more than that!

We will miss her, but smile everytime we think of her. Thank you for sharing so much of her with us.

The Girls

Amazing, incredible, inspiring, awesome - these are all words that apply to Genie. But you knew her as loving, gentle, sweet & oh so very happy to be with you. I know you will miss her terribly. I do feel so fortunate to have read all the stories and see the photos of Genie. She will always remain a bright spot in everyone's heart. Thank you for sharing her with us.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest GiJenn51

Genie!! I'm so glad that you did everything to the end your way! Make sure you keep those babies running around up there OK? :kiss2

Guest whatahound

Thank you for sharing her story, I can't think about her without a warm heart. She is part of the reason I will always have senior hounds in my future. Godspeed sweetie, another angel reaches the bridge.

:f_pink:gh_lay:f_pink

Oh, sweet Genie. She was truly an inspiration to us. She'll be remembered always.

:f_pink:f_white:f_pink:f_white

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)