Genie's Gone

Guest derfaroo

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genie,

Thank you for sharing your life with us. You have set a new standard for us to follow. Godspeed sweetie, run free with all our greyhound angels. Please tell my angels I miss them so much and hope to see them again someday.

:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest Greyglo

I'm so sorry to read this much loved girl has passed.

Your Genie will always be remembered.

Thank you, Neena, for sharing her with everyone.

:f_pink

I am stunned to see this email this morning. I thought that Genie just might live forever. Wherever in this world there are greyhound people, Genie will be spoken of with reverence, awe and love.

Genie has left the building...long live our precious memories of her.

I have a vision of Genie being ushered to the bridge behind a New Orleans band playing When the Saints Go Marching In. Up beat and joyous. Just the way she lived. You will be missed here sweetie but WOW what a girl!!!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

What a fantastic life she had! Thank you for taking her into your family and sharing her with us all.

Susan

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.

Guest derfaroo

I want you ALL to know that your words will speak volumes in the future. I always print every single comment on every thread. Genie meant that much...and so do your kind words. They will give comfort and joy in many future days when we say GENIE WAS GREAT! LOOK HOW PEOPLE LOVED HER!

THANK YOU! It's made her loss a little easier.

Edited by derfaroo

Guest BlackandBrindle

Genie certainly was such a special girl who touched so many of us. I'm sorry she had to leave, but her legacy will live on. :grouphug

Guest ChanginGrey

:( I just read on another forum about Genie's passing.

This was such a shock, I just knew Genie was the one Greyhound that was going to live to 21! :sad1 Genie's wonderful forever home parents are in my thoughts & prayers. :hope They were so blessed by Genie being in their lives, but Genie had to be just as blessed or she would not have lived this long. :angelwings

:f_red:f_white:f_red:f_white:f_red:f_white:f_red:f_white

Run free Sweet Genie with all the others that's gone on before you. :gh_run:gh_run2:gh_runner

What a great, long life she had.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Genie was such a special girl who was loved by so many people and will always be remembered.

:heart:heart :heart Goodbye, Genie, and God Bless. :heart :heart :heart

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink :f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest Pipi5

Its hard to see where you're celebrating with tears in your eyes, but I'll try.

:confetti:gh_run:confetti

She is an inspiration to us all & will be greytly missed! We'll celebrate her life, but mourn her passing!

What a greyt way to go & cross the bridge, having a fun filled day with the people she loved the most!

Guest GREYTGLITTER

I feel like I've known Genie through GT. She is an inspiration to all of us with our senior greys. From the pics I've seen and the stories I've read of her, she has lived her life to the fullest. Your family has loved her and she has loved you.

It's hard to celebrate while crying but I will :confetti:confetti:confetti

Run free Genie!

:gh_run:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink

Just seeing this. What an inspiration Genie was to all of us!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest AaronsMom

What sad news to wake up to this morning, our thoughts are with you. Thank you Genie for giving so many years to the people who love you!

Guest JillinMichigan

:f_pink:f_pink

Genie you are hereby inducted into the greyhound ambassadog hall of fame! It's simply breathtaking how many lives you touched and how many people who adopted greyhounds who might not have otherwise because of you! I will always remember the video of your 20th birthday party and smile.

I bet Genie and Suzy are up there comparing notes on how they lived such long, wonderful lives. But as Neena said, "SO SAD!" We love you, beautiful Genie; you were an amazing inspiration on so many levels.

Marcia in SC