Genie's Gone

Guest derfaroo

Goodbye, amazing beautiful girlie. I'm so glad I had the privilege of meeting you at SandyPaws in March.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArtysPeople

Genie lived the life we hope all our greyhounds will live -- long, happy and loved.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_red :f_red :f_red:f_pink :f_pink

Edited by ArtysPeople

Guest rippasmom

:gh_face

Genie won the most important race of all, the race for love. Run with the angels, we'll never forget you.

f_yellow

Guest houndstooth4

What a wonderful life she lived with you! It sounds like she lived life completely on her terms right up until the end. She was meant to be with you, you could truly appreciate the exceptional hound that she was!

So sorry, she was a true inspiration, run free sweet girl, glad to know her through GT.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

I'm sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Genie. You are an inspiration to all seniors, and all those who "risk" adopting a senior. :colgate

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Leanneby0925

Here's to you Genie. What a hound you were, you will always be an inspiration and ambassador of the hounds.

Run free. xoxo :angelwings

Guest hannahmom

Both Miss Genie and the love you showed for her in every word are an inspriation to us all.

Godspeed beautiful lady.

You will continue to inspire me.

Guest FordRacingRon

Genie will always be the Queen to my Princess. Without a doubt the most inspirational houndie to walk the planet. I thought the sky looked brighter this morning then normal, it was her light spreading across the universe.

To A Life Well Lived... To A Life Well Loved...112106icxjgmqzn8.gif

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

You had one heck of a ride, sweetheart, and in the midst of it all, you inspired so many people. Just thinking of you brings a smile to my face.

Rest in peace lovely Genie! :gh_run

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I am so sorry that Genie is gone and I know you will miss her. Genie you were a true inspiration to so many people and a legion for the Greyhound World. I know from you their was many adoptions. I can see you at the Rainbow Bridge dancing as a STAR. Everytime I saw you and I know so many more people you brought so many smiles. :colgate God Bless.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Carla

Thank you for adopting Genie at the age of 11 and giving her 9 more GLORIOUS years.

She was and always will be an amazing greyhound.

I am sure Genie is giving out a lot of attitude at the Bridge --- you go girl!

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

I'm so sorry that you had to say good-bye to Genie for now. She was, and always will be a legend in the greyhound community and a special inspiration to those of us with seniors who worry that time is too short. I only wish that I had had the opportunity to meet her and kiss that sweet face. Thank you for sharing her with all of us over the years. When you have a moment, could you please post some more pictures for all of us to "ooh!" and "aaah!" over? :wub:

Hugs to you. :grouphug:f_pink:grouphug

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.

Guest ss556

Sorry for your loss. Genie was certainly a famous, celebrity-like greyhound. The pictures/video of her 20th Birthday celebration, with the limo, was amazing. What a lucky girl she was. Godspeed sweet Genie. Run free and continue to watch over your family.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Guest laceyj

So sad to read of Genie's passing. What a wonderful retirement you gave her and what a wonderful gift she was to you. f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

Guest mysweetannie2

Neena an Tim an eddie ,we are so sorry to hear about Genie,I just talked to you sat.about what you fed Genie,from the very food you cooked for her an the special treats you made shows the love you had for her an the love she had for you,you gave her a great life,what the heart once held it can never lose.Thank you,RUN FREE SWEET GENIE