Genie's Gone

Guest derfaroo

Guest Vinnie

No sad notes here, just a celebration New Orleans style of a beautiful & blessed family member, Genie! Thanks to you both for sharing her life with us here at GT and wherever you went. Thanks to Genie's story, we opened our hearts again hoping that we get a long time with our greyts after losing our Angel Vinnie at 14 months. Genie was an inspiration for so many and I loved sharing her story with others. I know that the Rainbow Bridge is going to be especially bright today as it welcomes it's newest Angel. Hugs to you and scritches to Eddie. Run free sweet Genie, thanks for loving so much for so long.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wmlcml6

I just read this with a start and got chill bumps. I admit I didn't read all of "Genie's" posts, but I always thought she was a great positive greyhound story and seemed such a sweetheart. I'm sure her spirit will live on through you and her admirers.

Be in Peace with the Angels, Genie.

Genie was such an inspiration. I hear of so many greys dying so young, but then I think of Genie and it gives me hope.

Genie, sweetie, you lived your life to the fullest. You even attended a party on your last day. You left on your own terms. I will always remember you.

Run free sweetie!

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Guest PiagetsMom

Genie had a long life, well lived and well loved. :grouphug to those who were lucky enough to have enjoyed those years with her.

Guest greydogluvr

I am so sorry. Her story is such an inspiration. I feel like I know her personally. She touched so many, near and far. What a lucky girl to have found you and how lucky for you to have found her. It sounds like she had a great last party. I wish we all could pass as easily as it sounds like she did. Run free sweet girl.

Guest mountain4greys
GENIE, YOU ARE A TRUE SHINING STAR! NOW THE WHOLE WORLD CAN LOOK UP IN THE SKY, AND THEY WILL SEE YOU LIGHT UP THE NIGHT.

Rest, sweet Genie, and there are friends at the Bridge to welcome you.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry to hear this....but we are truly in debt to such a wonderful ambassador to the greyhound community. I know several people that have adopted recently that are first time adopters after seeing Genie's story in the news.

She will be missed by many....

Guest EmilyAnne

Genie's story will live on for a very, very, very long time, and through her story, she can continue to be a fantastic ambassadog for all senior greyhounds!

You did an awesome job with her, and you contributed much to the greyhound community. Thank you so much!

Job well done! :thumbs-up

Guest p51crazyhorse

I am new here and didnt get to know Genie but the loss of a beloved grey is something I have yet to experience. Bless sweet Genie on her race to the bridge, everyone hug your greys and cherish all the sweet moments.

Neena, your attitude is a striking tribute to your wonderful girl Genie. To leave on her own terms, in her own bed, living her life 'til the very end. A fitting end to a well-lived life.

May your loving memories of your girl comfort you and keep her ever near you in your hearts.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest DeweytheGreyt

A life well lived deserves to be celebrated! Genie certainly lived life to it's fullest and taught us all valuable lessons. Godspeed pretty girl, and thank you. :inlove

In the grand scheme of things I'm still relatively new to GT and had only learned of Genie more recently, but what am amazing inspiration. I'm so glad that she was able to enjoy life up until her last moments and that she passed peacefully. She will certainly be missed by this community, as well as by her loving family.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I'm sure that you never imagined in your wildest dreams that you would have nine years with Genie. What an incredible life. I was just talking about her yesterday when I was telling someone how great Festus was doing. (He's 11.5) They wanted to know if greyhounds live much longer than that, and I mentioned Genie. :)

She gives me hope that my boy can live another nine years.

Thank you Genie! I hope you're having a GREYT time at the Bridge!

And hugs to you, too.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Miss Genie was an inspiration and opened so many people's eyes as to the joys of a senior houndie. :beatheart Godspeed, sweet girl... the angels are waiting for you with loving roo's and play bows. Let the party begin! :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest jettcricket

....What a special girl...the greyhound community has been honered and blessed to have had you share her with us. :beatheart

She will be sorely missed....what a party the Bridge is having!

Guest WarmheartedPups

What a blessing and such an inspiration.......your family and Genie and Greyhound adoptions all are fortunate beyond words.