Snowy

Guest Heehoo

Guest Snowy8

My beloved Snowy walked to the bridge this morning, no limp, no broken hock, no weakness from 2 strokes.

I had to let her go this morning...life wasn't fun anymore.

Since November she has struggled to walk. Some days she walked good,

some days she walked sideways. Lately that broken hock leg has been giving

her a lot of problems & some times she wouldn't put any weight on it at all.

Last night when I went to help her up, she whimpered. In the 9 years we've

been together, she's never whimpered about anything. She refused to get up

with any help and as soon as I turned my back, she was struggling to stand

up on her own.

As she walked through the kitchen to go outside, you could tell this was wearing

her down. I knew in my heart it was going to be soon.

This morning she woke me up panting...she'd been fighting to stand up again.

When I helped her up, she walked through the kitchen & slipped where someone

had come in with damp feet, when I reached down to help her up, she just laid

flat out as if she was just tired of the whole thing. As if to tell me, its time.

I called all the necessary people at work, then I sat on my bed & watched her

sleep.

I logged onto Greytalk this morning to send a couple of PM's to let people know

what our plans were & on the banner was a picture of Pegasus & BuyCut...as if

they were standing at the edge of the bridge waiting. I took that as a sign.

The next time the banner came up, there was a picture of Dear & a picture of Rusty & Beanie, next time there was a picture of Scully & Batman. I took those as signs....

We've been together 9 years and I would love to have more, but I know its not

right when its not fun anymore.

I love you Snowy girl...

Edited by Pipi5

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilda, I am so sorry! I thought I was in the wrong area when I saw Snowy's name. You loved her dearly, and she knew it. You gave the ultimate gift as hard as it is. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We will look for the bright new Snowy star tonight. :grouphugf_yellow

The Girls

Many sympathies......

:f_pink

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Oh, no. I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Buzz and Snowy are probably greeting each other again just like in their younger years.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Goodbye, beautiful beloved sweetheart.

I'm very sorry for your loss Hilda.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Hilda,

I am so sorry. Run free sweetie.

Snowy, please be on the look out for our dear boy Shy, he will be joining you this afternoon.

God Bless

:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Hilda, I'm so sorry. This has been a rough year for you and my thoughts are with you.

Run with the wind baby girl. :angelwings

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Snowy is now racing the wind with all our other beloved Bridge Angels

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Hilda I have been crying and grieving with you ever since you contacted me this am

Ms Snowy and all of your pups will be standing there on judgement day and speaking out for you Hilda

Love

Beryl

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Guest BlackandBrindle

Oh Hilda :grouphug :grouphug

I'm so sorry your sweet girl had to leave, but we know that she's well taken care of by those who have gone before her. She was a brave, beautiful girl and she was loved by many :grouphug

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Oh Hilda! Im so so sorry! I wish I had comforting words... I'm just so shocked to see Miss Snowy's name in "Rememberance"! Sending you lots and lots of love! :grouphug

Godspeed lovely Snowy girl, godspeed!

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.

:f_pink:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

i'm sorry to read this about snowy.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg