• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, no, Hilda, I'm just seeing this now---and I am so sorry. :weep

My heart breaks for you. :grouphug

f_yellow:brokenheartDevonSympathy.jpg:brokenheartf_yellow

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Hilda, I am so sorry :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest Snowy8

Earlier in the week I noticed a change in Pipi-Francine's behavior, quieter, sullen...very clingy. She'd go outside to potty & then stand in the middle of the yard & wait. I'd call everyone in & she'd just stand there, waiting. I think she was waiting on Snowy. Back in November I noticed Snowy Pipi & Gabby would go out together, stand in the yard with Snowy & wait for her to potty, then walk together to the door. Usually Pipi would run circles around both Snowy & Gabby. They were like the Golden Girls.

So watching Pipi-Francine this week...I noticed she was quieter, not her perky self. At first I thought it might be the weather, its been hot & we only have window units right now vs central air...but she doesn't seem affected by the heat.

Then last night I noticed she walked back to the house after last turn out, then went from room to room to room.

Today she's perkier, playful & barking (I know greyhounds don't bark :hehe) Its sad...but she seems to be coming around. It was very slight...but I noticed she just wasn't herself.

:beatheart

I bought her a little charm for her collar today at Petsmart...its a silver charm with diamoniques (geniune ones) in the paw print & I get one to match. So maybe that'll make her feel better when she gets to wear it.

Edited by Snowy8

I bet she was looking for Snowy and has realized that Snowy is not coming back home. She was used to Snowy being away when she was sick and then coming back home it probably has dawned on her that Snowy will not be back home.

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Guest Snowy8

Beryl, you're right. I thought she was feeling better, but last night I heard her walking around the house again...so I called her in the bedroom & she got on the bed with me & Gogh for a little while & went to sleep. She just looks sad....its been 2 weeks. Maybe she's started to notice that Dear BuyCut & Snowy are all gone....

Hilda when we lost our first Shadow I had the same with my greys looking for her and the same with Phawn. They kept going to where they loved to sleep and sometimes crying for them. I do believe they mourn just like we do

Oh you bet they mourn like we do, sometimes more. I wonder if Snowy communicated with Pipi to let her know she's okay. Not a day goes by that I don't think about Snowy. Wayne and I really did love her. Oh no wait....how do you say it??? Way-un

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Snowy8

We had a storm last night, I didn't know it because Snowy wasn't here to tell me. I finally heard it thunder...and I had thoughts of her walking the floors until I put her coat on & then she was okay.

Aww Beryl, you named her Snowy....

You are so sweet...such a good friend.

When you posted that she was gone I felt like I had lost one of my own she was such a sweetheart and I am so glad that I got the thunder coats down to her for her to wear

• 2 weeks later...