• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LolasMom
darcy210208c.jpg

I do believe I grew up calling this look the "hairy eyeball"

:lol :lol

:lol:lol OMG I haven't heard that phrase in years!!! But yes, it sure does say it!

Awww Darcy it's so good to see you feeling better. :heart

I haven't been on for a couple of days, so happy to see Darcy with her toys giving the "hairy eyeball" look. :lol

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Oh Darcy you sweetie. Jilly gives jack a similar look when he tries to help himself to her pink purse too. You hang on to it love.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Oh Darcy you sweetie. Jilly gives jack a similar look when he tries to help himself to her pink purse too. You hang on to it love.

:lol

You know what - when I bought that for Jilly's SS parcel, I didn't get one for my gang and was really fed up about it when I thought of it afterwards, so I was very pleased indeed when a friend included one in the dogs stocking :lol (I'm such a child) :blush

Today is vet check day (5pm) so I'll update after that :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Darcy went for her vet check-up this afternoon. She was checked over, peered at, listened to, tickled and then..........

SHE WAS SIGNED OFF 7.gif

7.gif

7.gif

Tonight, all the dogs (and us humans) are having cake to celebrate 7.gif

And we'd be happy if you wanted to help yourself to a slice of cyber cake to join in with our celebrations

moms-best-cakes-display-rep0505-de.jpg

:D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Thanks everyone!

A slightly calmer vet visit report now :rolleyes:

Firstly, when we were in the waiting room, one of Darcys main nurses (from when she was very poorly for that week) came out to say hello and then got all tearful and upset because of how much coat she's lost and how different she looks - and then she was all embarassed about getting weepy but we thought it was lovely and sweet. I'm just glad she didn't see Darcy 3 weeks ago when she was at her most...hairless. At least now it's starting to grow back (black) and cover up some of the bald patches :)

Then we went in to see the vet. He did all his usual stuff (including laughing at Darcy's....Darcy-ness) and then he said "well, I think we've done pretty well" :) There is of course, no guarantee that *it* has gone - only the passage of time will tell that for sure (and the vet said something about the fact that if within the next couple of months Darcy doesn't do anything odd which we won't even think about, then that's really good news and looks very positive indeed). When we were talking about her hair growing back again, he said something about 'next year'. I do so love it when he uses words like that :)

So, although we are realistic in that we are aware that there are no guarantees about *it* having really gone away altogether, as things stand, she's signed off and he doesn't need to see her again :D

After we got all that sorted, I produced a printed sheet for the staff notice board, inviting all staff to Darcy's 6th Birthday party which - all things allowing - will take place on Sunday 6th April. Without those people, there would be no chance of her having this party. I know some peeps will be on call so they'll not be able to come but some of the nurses and other staff have said they will definately be there. Mr Thomas (the vet man) would come....if he wasn't in America on that day :angry: (He gets back the day after - grrr). I don't think the staff know what they're letting themselves in for, agreeing to come to a party, Chez Doyle :unsure: :lol

That's outrageously fabulously spectacular news!!!!! :confett:

Heh heh! I hope someone will be taking pictures of the party, and getting some good shots of the staff's faces as they hold their plates high above the sea of dogs!! :lol

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

:confetti:confetti:confetti:bounce1:bounce1 We'll all be at the party too Bev!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren